Creative Midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

IMO we already have one in Hume, either drifting in from wide or playing just behind DJ ( and partner , Izale?) id be happy with that unless we get someone like Murphy or a quality left winger

MHS

I'm happy with our 3 centre midfielders. Clemence, Kishishev and Wesolowski will be the business this season, wait and see...

dpjfox

were relying on Kaibbi/Newton to supply from the right its the left that needs attention, if Murphy comes here Clem might move wide left (or Hume)

Last edited:

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I think we have missed out on Fortune released by Bolton but there is still Radzinski released by Fulham?

indierich06

I'm pretty sure Radzinski's been snapped up, I'm not sure by who though.

Lako42

IMO we already have one in Hume, either drifting in from wide or playing just behind DJ ( and partner , Izale?) id be happy with that unless we get someone like Murphy or a quality left winger

No point in creating owt, the forwards won't score anyway

were relying on Kaibbi/Newton to supply from the right its the left that needs attention, if Murphy comes here Clem might move wide left (or Hume)

No end of shit gets said on here

consty

oh, oh... if that's the case this Kaibbi better be good enough because I doubt Newton is. Whatta we gonna do if they are both, how can we say politely... distinctively average?

stevewalshwasgod

we need a proper left sided player, we cant afford to play someone out of position, I mean look at Hughes!

londonfox

Ian Hume is not a creative midfielder - he is a striker. We spent the last season ridiculing Rob Kelly for playing players out of position and now we are suggesting Martin Allen does this exact thing with Hume. As an emergency midfielder, sure, Hume would probably do a good job but as a regular starting position for him - not a good idea.

SwedeFox

Ian Hume is not a creative midfielder - he is a striker. We spent the last season ridiculing Rob Kelly for playing players out of position and now we are suggesting Martin Allen does this exact thing with Hume. As an emergency midfielder, sure, Hume would probably do a good job but as a regular starting position for him - not a good idea.
I agree, creative midfielder is such an important position so you want to have players who are comfortable there. Hume is good as a striker as well.

Backdoor Ad

Hume is a striker!! We are supposed to be having a crack at the top six, i doubt MA is going to play Hume as a creative midfielder that is asking for trouble, when we arnt scoring people will be saying why's he playing Hume midfield! Get Jensen in ASAP, within reason whatever it takes!

MM has already said 3-4 more lets just wait and see what happens over the next few days. Cant see us getting anywhere near top six with what we've got at the moment so i'm expecting a couple of quality players in soon!

Jedi

Why do people keep talking about Hume as playing in a midfield role? He is a striker and has been our top goalscorer for the past 2 seasons and we are almost certainly going to play a 4-4-2 system.

The creative midfielder we need is a left sided one as it seems Levi Porter won't be playing a starring role and Mattock and Sheehan are left backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669