Crewe Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muttley said:
off the subject, but the williams bashers (myself included) would surely have been happy with that performance yesterday. His pass for the goal was sublime and he made a number of contributions in both boxes - which is what he was signed for i think?? Hume was fantastic as well, for the money we paid for his he is a massive catch.

I thought it was Joey that played the through ball? Maybe my eyesight is going?

I have to admit I thought Williams was quality when he came on the pitch, kept it simple and also passed to the strikers feet or into space rather than lumping it up to them!! Without doubt though MOTM had to be Hume the determination he showed was top draw,!!!!! :038: :038: :038:

my bad, it was joey with the through ball. nevertheless williams had a good 20 mins. I did worry a bit when they put him in the deep cos it meant he might have to tackle someone, but he did well. Not a ball winner like kisnorbo but at least he dared pass the halfway line...

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Spot on. I didnt expect us to be challenging for the Play Offs but on the other hand I wanted us to be competitive and win some football matches. So far we have won a grand total of 5 and tossed off several points in the process.

Its the home games isnt it? If we were winning at home I would feel better, of course we want to see them play well too, but a home win is everything to me. I only get to home games so its my only real measure.

The Walkers is just not the diificult place it should be for any opponents. Despite the brave efforts of some the atmoshere is mixed most of the time. The team seem to have enough of the physical attributes required to win games, but IMO we have a big mental/confidence problem. We are not mean enough, there is no edge, no real "must win or bleed trying". But where will that come from?

Chuck T Masala said:
Its the home games isnt it? If we were winning at home I would feel better, of course we want to see them play well too, but a home win is everything to me. I only get to home games so its my only real measure.

The Walkers is just not the diificult place it should be for any opponents. Despite the brave efforts of some the atmoshere is mixed most of the time. The team seem to have enough of the physical attributes required to win games, but IMO we have a big mental/confidence problem. We are not mean enough, there is no edge, no real "must win or bleed trying". But where will that come from?

spot on chuck :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670