Post Match Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakubu got 11 goals in 20 apps for us, so better than 1 in 2,not bad if he only bothered 1 in 3.

Yakubu...BOOO!! Let's get Iain Hume and Elvis Hammond back, they run around.

Last edited:
Due to being in the wilderness (quite literally) I've only just got this result.

So happy to see us with a win, great result and great way to start 2012. :045:

Not so much that Bamba is flash, he just takes him to task for taking unnecessary risks in his own area.

Against Palace he was extremely critical of Mills for various reasons - nothing to do with his skin colour.

But the point is, Bamba is not taking unnecessary risks. Rather than just hoofing it to the opposition, he is controlling it and starting attacking play for us. Young keeps going on about his nickname being 'bombscare'. Bamba has played nearly 40 games for us so far without ever taking a risk that led to us giving away a goal, a few scary moments granted.

Alan Young would get a lot more credit from me if he recognised that Bamba is a truly exciting attacking back, that is an asset and not a liability. I would be surprised if Bamba was not always second choice on Pearson's team sheet after Schmeichel.

I have just been on the Foxes Talk site for the first time in ages and many of the comments there about Alan Young are even more unpleasant than they are here.

It has always seemed to me that if you are going to give your opinion you should be willing to put your name to it. I realise that this is very much a minority view and in the vast majority of cases anonymity is not abused. However, when a personal attack is made on a named individual I believe there should be a convention that people add their real name:
e.g. "Alan Young is the nastiest thing to come out of Scotland since William Walllace - David Gwilliam" (not my actual opinion)or "It is a disgrace that someone who played football as badly as David Gwilliam feels qualified to criticise professional footballers " - Jermaine Beckford"

That way people can keep their nicknames and keep their integrity. It is more likely that the laws of libel would make posters a little more aware of the human being they are attacking.

It has always seemed to me that if you are going to give your opinion you should be willing to put your name to it.

I used to agree with that, though having done so myself and the resulting shit from this I would probably warn against doing so (depending if you are employed by ****s or not)

They're too short.

:icon_bigg

I used to agree with that, though having done so myself and the resulting shit from this I would probably warn against doing so (depending if you are employed by ****s or not)

That is a valid point. The only time I have been hurt in this forum was by a couple of posts in a thread last year which suggested I was going senile - suggestions which could be damaging to my interests outside football. My reaction was unquestionably because my real name was used and for a brief time I considered changing to a nickname - perhaps Long Posting Fox. So I admit there is a downside to using your real name.

What, David, do you find so unpleasant in the specifics in regards to comments on this site?

The case that really brought it home to me was a thread called Birch when his job was in real jeoparfy and someone wrote "Birch spent a lot of his time perving on any girl within 100 yards of him." This struck me as being grotesque and libellous. Fortunately some female posters wrote in to say that when they had comments with the Birch he behaved very well.
I hasten to say that no other comment on the forum has sunk this low and 99% of the comments are fine - even if some are a bit short for my taste.

Re-reading this thread it is milder than I remembered. The whole "Alan Young is a racist" business seemed to me unfortunate.

My guess is that local radio commentators are never going to be popular. Rock bottom seemed to come with Colin Gibson at Radio Derby and there is a marvellous attack on him by Robbie Savage (not normally my favourite) on YouTube - "Robbie Savage Fumes Over Rams Rumours"

The case that really brought it home to me was a thread called Birch when his job was in real jeoparfy and someone wrote "Birch spent a lot of his time perving on any girl within 100 yards of him." This struck me as being grotesque and libellous.

You thought that was a serious post? Didn't the poster also suggest that Birch should be sacked for blowing a whistle down the mike (mic?)? Did you think that was serious too?

It has always seemed to me that if you are going to give your opinion you should be willing to put your name to it. I realise that this is very much a minority view and in the vast majority of cases anonymity is not abused. However, when a personal attack is made on a named individual I believe there should be a convention that people add their real name:

A lot of people using nicknames aren't really anonymous at all. A hefty proportion of the posters on this forum for example can be readily identified 'in real life' quite easily.

Because of this, and as one of those who IS easily found, I try to ensure that I do not get TOO controversial when posting :icon_wink

A lot of people using nicknames aren't really anonymous at all. A hefty proportion of the posters on this forum for example can be readily identified 'in real life' quite easily.

Indeed. I am sure that David Gwilliam, for instance, is less easily locatable than somebody who attends matches with his username on the back of his shirt.

Because of this, and as one of those who IS easily found, I try to ensure that I do not get TOO controversial when posting :icon_wink

Nevertheless a meeting between 'spionfox' and 'Steven' might be an interesting one, dontcha think?

Indeed. I am sure that David Gwilliam, for instance, is less easily locatable than somebody who attends matches with his username on the back of his shirt.

I think it's more than just the shirt that gives you away Boc :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670