Post Match Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Manish Basheen was co commentating with Sinclair just after Walshy scored. He was screaming something like "Walshy has twatted the ball pass the keeper".:icon_bigg

Are you sure that wasn't Alan Partrigde? :icon_bigg

Anyway, returning to Alan Young, according to someone on FT he has just tweeted this.

Neil Danns isn't a fan.

"listened to iplayer before, and have to say alan young does not do it for me, has his favourites me thinks"

Well, I wasn't going to say anything...

All this innuendo about Alan Young is unfounded in my opinion.

He was more critical about the performance of Matt Mills against Palace than he has been about any other player.

If a player is not playing well or doesn't appear to be working for the team then I'd criticise him more for not pointing it out.

All this innuendo about Alan Young is unfounded in my opinion.

I know explaining a joke ruins it, but I think someone brought it up once and it has now become a bit of a running joke, no one really thinks he's racist. It's like the running joke about Joey being a great player, when most people think he was pretty crap and lived off a couple of great goals. :icon_wink

Last edited:
I know explaining a joke ruins it, but I think someone brought it up once and it has now become a bit of a running joke, no one really thinks he's racist. It's like the running joke about Joey being a great player, when most people think he was pretty crap and lived off a couple of great goals. :icon_wink

Keep your bloody voice down, he's just round the corner!

But accusing someone of racism in this day and age is like accusing someone of paedophilia. Even if it's only in jest people will think that there's no smoke without fire, everything that he says or does will be studied looking for evidence. The man might lose his job if the BBC think there's something in it.

But accusing someone of racism in this day and age is like accusing someone of paedophilia. Even if it's only in jest people will think that there's no smoke without fire, everything that he says or does will be studied looking for evidence. The man might lose his job if the BBC think there's something in it.

You have a point tbf, TM and I'll stop doing it from now on, but I certainly only meant it in jest and only alluded to some people thinking that anyway (which someone did genuinely once post on here), never accused him of anything.

Serves him right for reading that shite posted on FT, he might be the 1st person to ever take anything said on that site seriously,

Bollacks!! I guess the quality of his commentary has clouded my memory. I remember listening to him commentating on us at Wembley once (can't remember which one - it was obviously a long time ago - think it was even before Martin O'Neill's time?) and am sure he was as excited by the game as any Leicester fan would have been.

Who were you replying to Shaun?

I would say Stringer doesn't act like a fan, he always seems to get way more excited when we look like conceding/losing.

At times, yes. He suffered a severe ear-bashing from my missus at Oldham a few years back for doing just that. He actually got his BBC card out of his pocket and told her he had a duty to be impartial and asked her if she would rather he be Radio Leicester City. She replied "it works for me" and walked off leaving him spluttering!

Actually it was on his facebook, I don't know what was said because I don't have facebook.

I do and if my name was S***** MacD***** I think Alan Young would be dropping me from his contacts list!

Last edited:
Could you post what was said please?

It seems that the offending bits were said on another LCFC forum rather than on Facebook. The Facebook bit (on Alan Youngs wall) has an offer from Young to 'meet up' with S MacD to discuss it further.

I'm going to have to look at another forum now but don't worry, I'll wash and shower before I come back here!

In fairness, if I were getting slated as consistently as Young has....I think I would have to consider some self-reflection.

I don't think he's a racist, I think he's old. I think his views are antiquated and based on things that don't exist anymore.

All I can say is this: as someone who pays for the service of listening to Player, I don't think I'm getting value for money.

I don't think he is a racist, he just dislikes any player who is a bit flash (Bamba) or who doesn't work hard enough (Yak/Beckford for not tracking back). Its pure coincidence that some of the players in our squad who have those characteristics are black. I'm sure he would be slating Mills if he tried what Bamba did too.

Doesn't mean he isn't full of shit and the most negative man on the radio though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669