Post Match Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 5Live you get an unbiased and detached point of view whereas on Radio Leicester you are more or less getting a fan's opinion.
Which is why I prefer neutral commentators over biased ones anyday. I don't need someone shouting "yes" when we score, I can do that myself. But each to their own, I don't have Foxes Player so I don't have an opinion on Stringer/Young.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind listening to a Leicester fan then? I don't think it's the fact they are Leicester fans that's the problem. Maybe it's just that they aren't very good commentators? Neville Foulger was a fox and I used to really enjoy listening to him. Infact I'd like to hear a bit more celebration from Stringer and co. when we score :icon_lol:

Am I the only one that doesn't mind listening to a Leicester fan then? I don't think it's the fact they are Leicester fans that's the problem. Maybe it's just that they aren't very good commentators? Neville Foulger was a fox and I used to really enjoy listening to him. Infact I'd like to hear a bit more celebration from Stringer and co. when we score :icon_lol:
Nev Foulger was a West Brom fan, but I agree with your point.

Alan Young has an opinion about the players as do the rest of us, why anyone is offended by that I'm not sure.

Nev Foulger was a West Brom fan, but I agree with your point.

Alan Young has an opinion about the players as do the rest of us, why anyone is offended by that I'm not sure.

I don't think anyone has said they are offended by it.

Of course, everyone has their own opinions about players, but I'd just prefer it if when commentating/analysing a game a commentator/pundit would just describe that game rather than go on another hot headed rant about Bamba.

As you said, every fan is the same, but I'd just prefer a more descriptive, less biased point of view from commentary than one which is like a fan's point of view from the terraces I guess.

Can't beat Geoff Peters for heartfelt bias. He's had to change since he went to TalkSport but when he was on Radio Leicester he was a true blue with prejudices and passion to boot.

Think they got rid of him for it though............

I would say Stringer doesn't act like a fan, he always seems to get way more excited when we look like conceding/losing.

Bollacks!! I guess the quality of his commentary has clouded my memory. I remember listening to him commentating on us at Wembley once (can't remember which one - it was obviously a long time ago - think it was even before Martin O'Neill's time?) and am sure he was as excited by the game as any Leicester fan would have been.

Not sure if anyones mentioned already but a link to the highlights is now on the bentleys roof facebook page.

Can't beat Geoff Peters for heartfelt bias. He's had to change since he went to TalkSport but when he was on Radio Leicester he was a true blue with prejudices and passion to boot.

Think they got rid of him for it though............
I remember Geoffs coverage of Citys famous 4-4 draw at Aston Villa. His reations on David Lowes equaliser I can remember like it was yesterday. I taped it it at the time and used to play it now and again whilst I still had a car with tape player in it.

I remember Geoffs coverage of Citys famous 4-4 draw at Aston Villa. His reations on David Lowes equaliser I can remember like it was yesterday. I taped it it at the time and used to play it now and again whilst I still had a car with tape player in it.

The match that Sir Gary creamed himself over as well. 3 goals in the last few minutes

I remember when Manish Basheen was co commentating with Sinclair just after Walshy scored. He was screaming something like "Walshy has twatted the ball pass the keeper".:icon_bigg

Anyway, returning to Alan Young, according to someone on FT he has just tweeted this.

A guy called Stuart MacDonald, who claims to be a friend, may have cost me my job...go have a look at what he has said and if you agree then that's fine....I would appreciate your comments..Alan.

Also: some of the comments on Foxestalk are quite hurtful but I'll survive

He covered Cov for a long time before he started doing Leicester commentaries, and got a lot of stick for being a "cov fan" as a result. I'm sure I read somewhere many years ago that he's actually a Notts County fan but can't back that up with any evidence.

I vaguely remember Nev once saying he is from Nottingham, so you might expect him to support the only league club in that city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00