Post Match Crystal Palace 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be surprised to learn that I am a cynic.

If and when I hear that your man is going to take this match seriously out of respect for the league i will take it as confirmation that for Cardiff it will be about as important as a kick around on Barry Island beach - or perhaps more appropriately these days - St James' Barbados.

And you know what I'm not moaning - Cardiff are the best team in this league and have done excellently to wrap things up with a couple of games to go - just as Hull have done wonderfully well given that Watford probably have a stronger squad.

We have got ourselves into this mess and imo it will be a minor miracle if we achieve our objectives for the season.
True, but I also expect Bolton to play very nervously, very much as Burnley did in our last game.

We, however, will be playing as if it's a practise game. We're pretty good at holding on to the ball, and taking chances when they present. There'll be a party atmosphere in the crowd too, which might be a bit un-nerving for the visitors.

Plenty of twists and turns yet. I cant see us, Palace, Bolton or Forest winning all remaining games.

Plenty of twists and turns yet. I cant see us, Palace, Bolton or Forest winning all remaining games.

its a crazy division, the way its been going I bet there's not many win all their remaining games

True, but I also expect Bolton to play very nervously, very much as Burnley did in our last game.

We, however, will be playing as if it's a practise game. We're pretty good at holding on to the ball, and taking chances when they present. There'll be a party atmosphere in the crowd too, which might be a bit un-nerving for the visitors.

A good point about the special end of term party atmosphere. But Bolton should be professional enough to focus - and go for it.

I think Forest are more or less out of it; we are hanging on by a thread; the point Palace got against us was crucial. Brighton are as good as there.

The odds on Leicester getting promotion are around 6-1. If we were to reach the play offs which i very much doubt then i think we would have some decent momentum - although we have a tactically poor manager who could well stuff it up by negative tactics.

The odds on Leicester getting promotion are around 6-1. If we were to reach the play offs which i very much doubt then i think we would have some decent momentum - although we have a tactically poor manager who could well stuff it up by negative tactics.

You give me one bloody example of NP stuffing up a play-off game with negative tactics and I'll eat a lovely hamburger.

You give me one bloody example of NP stuffing up a play-off game with negative tactics and I'll eat a lovely hamburger.

I ought to say if you don't know yourself than i can't help you....but being in an uncharacteristically charitable mood you could try Cardiff City at home when we last reached the play offs. Of course Pearson's lack of tactical nous is not resticted to occasional negativity - it extend generally to selection, substitution issues etc.

He's possible raising his game at the moment - as the axe is hoisted - and long may any improvement continue - well to the end of the season anyway.

I ought to say if you don't know yourself than i can't help you....but being in an uncharacteristically charitable mood you could try Cardiff City at home when we last reached the play offs.

I think a whooosshhh might be in order here :icon_bigg

Rhydal, I expect you guys to put on a show in front of your home fans and win.

However, if you are 3 down at half time, you have to boo, 'cos that's what you do , you know ;)

Oh and congratulations for getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566