Post Match Crystal Palace 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was a decent result, certainly never expected us to win.

Last edited:
Thought it was a decent result, certainly never expected us to win.

I was about to edit to say similar. Good result on paper but the way results went and us slipping up in the 10 games before Bolton makes it disappointing that it is now a mountainous climb for us to get a playoff spot.

Point at Palace is great on the league table but we really needed 3 today and with their recent form seemed our best chance which makes it disappointing.

Last edited:
4pts from Bolton and Palarse is a decent return, the damage was already done with defeats against the likes of Posh, Wednesday and Barnsley. Still not out of it, but do we deserve anything from this season after 15 defeats and a run of only 1 win in 12 ?

Yes.

The season is stiil alive but it's all a bit false because it's diificult to justify any realistic expectations. I don't believe 69 points will be enough - and i don't think we will actually achieve that figure.

To go about 10 games (or whatever it was without a win) is not a basis for getting into the play offs- and especially at a time of the season when there wasn't time to repair the damage.

A point of Palace was a good result and a win against Watford would maintain interest but I just hope that this too little too late stuff doesn't provide an excuse for the owners to save a bit of cash and retain Pearson. At the end of the day he has stuffed it up and isn't the man to take the club any further forward,

Personally I think the owners will stick with Pearson and give him the opportunity to continue his rebuilding of the squad with a number of big earners hopefully being moved on such as Gally, Wellens, Danns, Beckford, St Ledger and Konchesky also think a couple of Pearsons less successful signings will also be moved on such as Vardy, Whitbread and maybe even Marshall.

Personally I think the owners will stick with Pearson and give him the opportunity to continue his rebuilding of the squad with a number of big earners hopefully being moved on such as Gally, Wellens, Danns, Beckford, St Ledger and Konchesky also think a couple of Pearsons less successful signings will also be moved on such as Vardy, Whitbread and maybe even Marshall.

Marshall would be harsh as he is still young and obviously has a lot to offer, he needs to sort his form out though, as a lot do

Much as I think that this would be very serious mistake, I wouldn't be surprised to see pearson retained.

However, moving big earning players on at anything but a fire sale is not usuallyy achieveable - and I don't know what sort of football club is going to want Wellens and Gally. I think St ledger is a different story and when we fail to get into the play offs his loss of St ledger will be seen as a contributory factor...on the basis that we are woefully short of central defenders and it's showing in the recent defensive record.

But the real reasons why they would keep pearson is money, money, money....and unless they are more ahead of the game than i fear - difficulties in recruiting anyone better than Pearson who in spite of my carpings is not our worst manager ever.....it's just that he is a nearly man not the quality article we need to move forward.

Much as I think that this would be very serious mistake, I wouldn't be surprised to see pearson retained.

However, moving big earning players on at anything but a fire sale is not usuallyy achieveable - and I don't know what sort of football club is going to want Wellens and Gally. I think St ledger is a different story and when we fail to get into the play offs his loss of St ledger will be seen as a contributory factor...on the basis that we are woefully short of central defenders and it's showing in the recent defensive record.

But the real reasons why they would keep pearson is money, money, money....and unless they are more ahead of the game than i fear - difficulties in recruiting anyone better than Pearson who in spite of my carpings is not our worst manager ever.....it's just that he is a nearly man not the quality article we need to move forward.

Before the Birmingham game Wellens had some sort of bust up, he was heard on his phone telling someone how he'd kicked in a door and tried to do another one before he was stopped and left, he did return before kick off but I don't think there is much team spirit at the club.

Marshall would be harsh as he is still young and obviously has a lot to offer, he needs to sort his form out though, as a lot do

Yes, at least he has shown what he *was* capable of. I've yet to see anything from Vardy that makes me think he is the future.

Before the Birmingham game Wellens had some sort of bust up, he was heard on his phone telling someone how he'd kicked in a door and tried to do another one before he was stopped and left

If (and it is a big 'if') that story is true, does that make Wellens full of 'pashun' or a total dickwad?

Spion you have talked about Marshall without mentioning his Bentley! Aren't you in a contract to mention it every time his name is mentioned?

WTF? Marshall has a Bentley? No way! A Ford Focus at best surely.

Next you'll be telling me he has a personalised number plate to go with it!

Get out of here, get back to your Northern Soul MoFo if all you can do is come here and denigrate young Ben :icon_wink

when we win on Friday the pressure will be on the others, if Bolton get nothing at Cardiff a draw at F****T would be enough, but Friday will be the start of our next 5 wins in a row

Before the Birmingham game Wellens had some sort of bust up, he was heard on his phone telling someone how he'd kicked in a door and tried to do another one before he was stopped and left, he did return before kick off but I don't think there is much team spirit at the club.

If true this is is reassuring news. Good to hear that Ritchie is still capable of such challenging feats/ feets.

Seriously, Wellens was a very good footballer indeed - with a bit of pace he would have been a Premier League player.Imo.

when we win on Friday the pressure will be on the others, if Bolton get nothing at Cardiff a draw at F****T would be enough, but Friday will be the start of our next 5 wins in a row

Imo Bolton have their name on the play off place - we are a bit unfortunate that the Cardiff players will be assembling their buckets and spades next Saturday and I fear that they will be a push over......then I think theyhave to play Blackpool on the final day and I think that the bitter rivalry of yesteryear between the likes of Blackpool, Preston and Bolton is a thing of the past.....so as far as I'm aware 6 points for Bolton doesn't leave us in too healthy a position.

we are a bit unfortunate that the Cardiff players will be assembling their buckets and spades next Saturday and I fear that they will be a push over.......
I'm hoping we put out quite an attacking team. Malky went 4-5-1 for the last two games to get the job done, but I'm hearing that we will still be putting out strong teams out of respect for the rest of the league, and I'd like to think we'll have 2 up front.
Word is that Maynard is on the brink of a return to first team action. Scored a hat-trick in a friendly last week.

How motivated/sober/willing to risk injury any of them will be is another conversation.

I'm hoping we put out quite an attacking team. Malky went 4-5-1 for the last two games to get the job done, but I'm hearing that we will still be putting out strong teams out of respect for the rest of the league, and I'd like to think we'll have 2 up front.
Word is that Maynard is on the brink of a return to first team action. Scored a hat-trick in a friendly last week.

How motivated/sober/willing to risk injury any of them will be is another conversation.

You will be surprised to learn that I am a cynic.

If and when I hear that your man is going to take this match seriously out of respect for the league i will take it as confirmation that for Cardiff it will be about as important as a kick around on Barry Island beach - or perhaps more appropriately these days - St James' Barbados.

And you know what I'm not moaning - Cardiff are the best team in this league and have done excellently to wrap things up with a couple of games to go - just as Hull have done wonderfully well given that Watford probably have a stronger squad.

We have got ourselves into this mess and imo it will be a minor miracle if we achieve our objectives for the season.

One game at a time. If we beat Watford the mood will change dramatically, especially if Forest mess up at the weekend and can't get in themselves. In that scenario the pressure is completely off them on the final day.

It's obviously a big if but stranger things have happened and we're quite capable of doing it. If Cardiff can hold Bolton to any kind of result we're still in there.

Friday night is going to be torture.

Our great goal difference could well be a deciding factor now...

How I look back fondly to those halcyon days when we stuck 6 past the likes of Ipswich and Huddersfield and it seemed automatic promotion was within our grasp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566