Post Match Crystal Palace 2 Leicester 2

In the context of the game, bring 2-0 up after 46 mins, that was not a decent point. I’m not negative towards Cooper but you have to blame him for the poor substitutions and those second half tactics.

Yes, it’s only September. But points dropped now count as much as points dropped next April. It’s results like today that get you relegated. And again, I’m not referring to that we would have taken before the game. I’m looking at the game from the position we were in.

All of the talk was how we lacked creativity in the final third and we needed attacking players. And I feel like we’ve addressed that. What we need to do is get better defensively.

I also think we need to find a way to start with Buonanotte or El Khanous. Maybe that means dropping Wilf back and not starting with Winks? In our current system/style and against better players than last season, Winks is going to be less of an influence. I’m not saying he’s shit and hasn’t got a role to play, but I don’t think he should be a guaranteed starter.

Okoli is an excellent signing. I’m sure I read on here that he is “no better than Souttar” :). That’s clearly bollocks. Skipp is another very good signing.

Again, I know it’s only September, but next week at home to Everton is a game we have to win.

My hope was that after extended spell away he would have examined his glaring weakness in his away strategy. Today suggested that’s not the case.

I agree with you that matches like this will slowly drain belief, especially if the subs continue to be negative.

A also agree that Coady Isn’t an answer to any of our questions at this level.

Big match next for Cooper.
good managers learn, adapt and improve. let's wait and see those two points were lost imo and will be vital at the business end of the season.

If he hadn’t have try to shore up the defence and we’d have conceded, you’d all have moaned.

I agree.

It was entirely sensible to bring on Coady. A third centre back when they were throwing crosses in was an obvious change. It's not Cooper's fault that Coady lunged in like a knackered old oaf.

My problem was bringing on Choudhury who just ran around and influenced nothing. He was the change that made no sense to me.

I also think he could have reshaped us with better changes to give us a threat on the break but he didn't. It actually enabled Palace to play 2-4-4 for the last 10 minutes.

It's fine to play defensively and look for breakaways in away games this season. We don't have the squad to dominate many teams. Today, the selection worked out and Ndidi created both goals and all was looking brilliant.

The problem came when Palace started throwing players forward and our players started to tire. At that point, players and fans look to the manager to make changes to reinforce the defence and give us a threat going forward.

Ultimately, Cooper did things right today and wrong today.

In the context of the game, bring 2-0 up after 46 mins, that was not a decent point. I’m not negative towards Cooper but you have to blame him for the poor substitutions and those second half tactics.

Yes, it’s only September. But points dropped now count as much as points dropped next April. It’s results like today that get you relegated. And again, I’m not referring to that we would have taken before the game. I’m looking at the game from the position we were in.

All of the talk was how we lacked creativity in the final third and we needed attacking players. And I feel like we’ve addressed that. What we need to do is get better defensively.

I also think we need to find a way to start with Buonanotte or El Khanous. Maybe that means dropping Wilf back and not starting with Winks? In our current system/style and against better players than last season, Winks is going to be less of an influence. I’m not saying he’s shit and hasn’t got a role to play, but I don’t think he should be a guaranteed starter.

Okoli is an excellent signing. I’m sure I read on here that he is “no better than Souttar” :). That’s clearly bollocks. Skipp is another very good signing.

Again, I know it’s only September, but next week at home to Everton is a game we have to win.
I think wilf is improving and played really well today, I agree with the rest of your post.

I agree.

It was entirely sensible to bring on Coady. A third centre back when they were throwing crosses in was an obvious change. It's not Cooper's fault that Coady lunged in like a knackered old oaf.

My problem was bringing on Choudhury who just ran around and influenced nothing. He was the change that made no sense to me.

I also think he could have reshaped us with better changes to give us a threat on the break but he didn't. It actually enabled Palace to play 2-4-4 for the last 10 minutes.

It's fine to play defensively and look for breakaways in away games this season. We don't have the squad to dominate many teams. Today, the selection worked out and Ndidi created both goals and all was looking brilliant.

The problem came when Palace started throwing players forward and our players started to tire. At that point, players and fans look to the manager to make changes to reinforce the defence and give us a threat going forward.

Ultimately, Cooper did things right today and wrong today.
BN.

Palace were able to bomb forward and dominate precisely as a result of SC substitutions, so no it was not sensible it was lunacy and you pretty much elluded that in your post during the game.

you cannot take that approach with 20 mins to go in this league, SC has shown he is very cautious as a manager.

we do have really good attacking players today demonstrated SC has no confidence in his subs.

Lots of very predictable posts here from people itching to stick the knife in.

Newly promoted team. Draw away from home.

**** off and go support someone else.
Oh the irony in that last line.

For the prior three seasons you’ve been nothing but negative towards the (then) managers. Evidently, at no point during that time did you “**** off and support someone else”. Or maybe you did and I’m wrong?

Ndidi did well and Skipp played well & Vards was sharp and Mavididi looked good in the first half
Why he didn't swap Ayew with Fatawa wing wise is a mystery too once the first sub was done As Fatawa is not really effective on the left

Oh the irony in that last line.

For the prior three seasons you’ve been nothing but negative towards the (then) managers. Evidently, at no point during that time did you “**** off and support someone else”. Or maybe you did and I’m wrong?
He ****ed off.
Because we were winning.
He doesn't like that.
It was nice.

I think wilf is improving and played really well today, I agree with the rest of your post.
I agree with you on Wilf. I was saying that an attacking player should maybe come in to team in place of Winks. Drop Wilf back a little in his positioning or rejig the midfield setup. He definitely should keep a place in the team.

I agree with you on Wilf. I was saying that an attacking player should maybe come in to team in place of Winks. Drop Wilf back a little in his positioning or rejig the midfield setup. He definitely should keep a place in the team.
I feel he always needs a couple of games to get going and he is now up to speed.

I’m in agreement, Coady was a fine sub, experience and leadership, and he’s had a career of blocks and headers away.

In fact, I’m not even that mad at Cooper as you seemingly all are. I don’t think bringing on any of our attacking options would have helped the situation.

Away point will help, obviously disappointing, but I don’t think it’s worth the flapping and manager sack talk drama.

If Coady doesn’t make a silly foul then it’s a great result and SC made the right decisions. However, Coady did make a silly foul and therefore SC’s tactics get brought into question. It’s how football works.

Talk of sacking him is utter nonsense. Having the opinion that his tactics weren’t great today is fair. As is the opinion that they made sense. There’s no need for any vitriol towards him. But having an opinion on him based on the match that we just witnessed is fine.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45