Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underground Fox; said:
He wants to anchor the midfield and just needs a more mobile/attacking midfielder next to him. Weso at times today was guilty of filling the same space as Clemence, thereby limiting our movement.

I think this reflects what I saw as well, Clemence rarely looks as if he is going to run beyond the forwards but was a dominant presence in the middle of the field against an admittedly weakened C Palace midfield. Weso looks like a mid table player and not quite creative or clever enough if we are really going to challenge.

oops, first paragraph is suppoosed to be in quote box, sorry Marshall

Now a Murphy / Clemence midfield would have a lot more about it as Danny likes to push on and have a pop at goal.

I would really like to see Hume used as a sort of Attacking midfielder/ auxilliary striker. He would then be the bridge between our holding (solid) midfield and which ever 2 strikers MA puts up front.

Marshall Cockney Fox; said:
Now a Murphy / Clemence midfield would have a lot more about it as Danny likes to push on and have a pop at goal.

I would really like to see Hume used as a sort of Attacking midfielder/ auxilliary striker. He would then be the bridge between our holding (solid) midfield and which ever 2 strikers MA puts up front.

my thoughts as well, not sure DJ can do the lone striker thing though

Marshall Cockney Fox; said:
Now i can agree with you about Newton, first half he was seriously gash despite getting lots of ball. He did improve in the second half (one good turn and cross). But he defo looks dodge and i hope we discover someone better.

Newton will be history if Ferreria joins...

my thoughts as well, not sure DJ can do the lone striker thing though

No i'd play two strikers with Hume behind them and then 3 solid central Mids. I only say this as until we get a genuine attacking centre mid we are going to be quite limited in our movement. Hume would be given licence to roam and get beyond the strikers.

Only an idea and one that i'd dispense with if we manged to get Murphy.

Last edited:
Fulop 6
N'Gotty 5
McAuley 5
Kisnorbo 8
Clarke 5
Sheehan 4
Newton 4
Wesolowski 4
Clemence 6
De Vries 4
Campbell 4

Porter 7
Hume 6

thought porter and hume helped, porter by the rather unusual thing of being a left winger on the left, at the side (he made a howleer of a touch and it tinkled out, but i still liked him)

hume was huuuuuuuuuuuume, hustling and pissing them off

de vries has an uncanny ability to hold it up and then do absolutely **** all

kisnorbo was brilliant, can't say if he was at fault for goals though, no action replay and all

DJC... not sure..there's something about him, but he was fairly pants today

keeper looks solid

clarke... his distribution is good at short range, but when he hoofs it it doesn't work, wasn't overly impressed with him

oh and it's me first game so not really in a position to say if people are getting better

generally, we were all over them first 20 minutes then were asleep for the rest of the first half, then in the second half we had much the better of a ding dong second half

My problem isn't with people not being happy... it's with people who are all doom and gloom.

Love your opinion.
Have the same problem. Let's give it time. Good final result today, even though it could have been major, had we held on against a team who slaughtered the opposition last week.
Let's hope for a top 10 finish, and perhaps maybe more once the team gels.
I believe in us.
I think some don't. And they're wrong. Fact.

where were the TB crew in the railway telegraph then?! was in there before and after game and was sat on my lemon at bar both times lol. Oh and I managed to keep up my 100 % record of unintentionally missing kick off for every game so far this season!!

Can you imagine a leicester team without Hume, hhhhhmmmmm.....

I've just lifted my chin off the floor. How anyone can say Clemence was anonymous/invisible is beyond me. He was at the hub of leicesters midfield and brought some much needed composure to it. I bet if you look at those opta stats it'll say he completed more passes today than anyone else on the pitch.

He wants to anchor the midfield and just needs a more mobile/attacking midfielder next to him. Weso at times today was guilty of filling the same space as Clemence, thereby limiting our movement.

I think i might have mentioned at around 6.30pm tonight that there was bound to be some odd opinions late on tonight.

Never said he was anonymous or invisible.
Nor did I question his pass rate.

I just don't like him standing there when a ball goes within a couple of yards of him and he doesn't even bother to chase after it, nor do I like it where he seems to hestitate about going in for a tackle.

Of course if you think my opinion is odd then fine. I think yours is too! :p

Mate, if you reckon that display by Clemence today was no better than that churned out by Hughes, Williams, Tiatto, Johnson - you are going to have a very long season and life as a foxes fan.

He may not have carved Palace open but he never lost the ball and always found his man. Or was that someone else i was looking at???

Read my above post.
Hughes was pish.
Williams COULD'VE been better than he was, but didn't want to be for us.
Tiatto -couldn't fault his commitment, but he was too much of a 'risk' player at times.
Johnson- SHOULD'VE at least shown he could be bothered......

Last edited:
Fulop 6
N'Gotty 5
McAuley 5
Kisnorbo 8
Clarke 5
Sheehan 4
Newton 4
Wesolowski 4
Clemence 6
De Vries 4
Campbell 4

Porter 7
Hume 6

thought porter and hume helped, porter by the rather unusual thing of being a left winger on the left, at the side (he made a howleer of a touch and it tinkled out, but i still liked him)

hume was huuuuuuuuuuuume, hustling and pissing them off

de vries has an uncanny ability to hold it up and then do absolutely **** all

kisnorbo was brilliant, can't say if he was at fault for goals though, no action replay and all

DJC... not sure..there's something about him, but he was fairly pants today

keeper looks solid

clarke... his distribution is good at short range, but when he hoofs it it doesn't work, wasn't overly impressed with him

oh and it's me first game so not really in a position to say if people are getting better

generally, we were all over them first 20 minutes then were asleep for the rest of the first half, then in the second half we had much the better of a ding dong second half

Well, if the team performance was an average of 5/10, and we massively outplayed a promomotion contending team who were at home, then cheers, here's to a great season.

I realise I'm not making myself popular with the old guard, but I don't care. Here's to a great season, great new manager, great new team who are slowly gelling.

Top 6 finish, easy.

2 games played, lets look at the table:

Charlton 2 1 -1 2 1-2 FT v Stoke
Leicester 2 1 -1 2 2-2 FT v Crystal Palace
Sheff Utd 2 1 -1 2 0-1 FT v Watford
QPR 2 1 -2 2 0-2 FT v Cardiff
Preston 2 1 -2 0 0-2 FT v West Brom
Barnsley 2 1 -3 3 2-2 FT v Colchester
Wolverhampton 1 0 -1 1
Sheff Wed 1 0 -3 1
Southampton 2 0 -4 2 1-2 FT v Norwich

Charlton, Sheffield United, Wolves, Southampton, Preston. Are they all ****ed, would you discount them after 2 games?

Saw you with Fitz leaving the ground today Darth. ;)

stalker :)

yeah me and Fitz and Fitz snr put the world to right... we started up the first Soooooper Stevie Claridge song

seen Real Sharapova and Nottingham Fox too

allo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00