Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of that old Monty Python sketch about someone (Richard Nixon?) having an arsehole transplant and the arsehole rejecting him!

And I thought I was writing original material
:bang:

The pitch must be used for first team training at present. Its had a while since the heavy rains .... I guess Holloway is getting the new boys used to the stadium? Lets hope they let it recover until the Plymouth game.

Am I the curse?

I've missed five home matches so far:

Watford 4-1
QPR 1-1
Ipswich 2-0
Cardiff 0-0
Palace 1-0

I must be the curse of the Walkers. I've been going since we got relegated from the Premiership :icon_sad:

Am I the curse?

I've missed five home matches so far:

Watford 4-1
QPR 1-1
Ipswich 2-0
Cardiff 0-0
Palace 1-0

I must be the curse of the Walkers. I've been going since we got relegated from the Premiership :icon_sad:

Well you know what to do in future :)

As for the goal, Barry said he deliberately placed it. He said he saw that space and nobbled it in.
Ollie: If you believe him, you are mad."
That was funny
Good luck to you Barry, they all count and that is what matters.
Well done City a great victory.

Sorry, but what match was this journo from The Times watching?

Playing as a tight, compact unit, anchored in midfield by the excellent Shaun Derry, Palace created the best chances in a lacklustre first half. Ben Watson, the Palace midfield player, twice went close, first when Ben Alnwick punched his corner off the line in the 26th minute and soon after when he dragged a left-foot shot wide from the edge of the penalty area.

Leicester City were restricted to long-range, off-target efforts from Hayles and Zsolt Laczko and were booed off by sections of the crowd at half-time. That must have hurt because the home side stepped up a gear after the interval and Iain Hume was only inches away from giving them the lead with a free kick from 25 yards that went over the crossbar.

Alnwick saved off the line? Pretty sure they didn't have a shot on target! And boos at half time? Didn't hear anything on the TV, anyone that was there?

I understand different opinions, but seems like he's just made stuff up!

Link to full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article3267792.ece

Good result, Poor game although it improved in the second half. Never is pretty against a Warnock side. Always needs a early goal to bring them out instead of just hoofing it out, but after defending to far back in the 1st half we push up a bit in the second and had the better of it. Goal was a unexpected bonus. Well done, can't remember the last time we snatched a late winner usually it's the other way round.

No one played particularly well, rubbish conditions, rubbish game really. But it is normally these kind of games which we lose, so fair play to the lads. Laczko was shite, Oakley wasn't much better, McAuley and Kisnorbo were excellent. Thought Bori was good when he came on.

Good result for the city. Sounded deathly boring on the radio though, Luckily I missed it, due to me being at work.

I can't believe we nicked it in the last minute? What's the world coming too? Two consequetive home wins too!

Last edited:
Alnwick saved off the line? Pretty sure they didn't have a shot on target! And boos at half time? Didn't hear anything on the TV, anyone that was there?[/url]

I thought I heard a very small amount of booing. Then again it could have been Huuuume as we walked off the pitch at H-T?

Last edited:
Having only watched the game on Sky and so my opinion is incomplete and subject to marginalisation, I would offer the following. The pitch was crap and not conducive to good football, the defence was excellent, the ref was good trying to let the game "flow" and correspondingly the Palace manager and players are tossers for moaning all the time and although the City performance was indifferent to say the least, I would be happy with that performance and result for the rest of the season. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

I thought I heard a very small amount of booing. Then again it could have been Huuuume as we walked off the pitch at H-T?

There were a few boos behind me, from the usual knobheads. Now we are looking a bit better I think they expect us to be romping every game. A well earned 3 points last night

Ollie has some interesting decisions to make really, regarding our striking and midfield options, and if he gets them right we could end up finishing nicely in the top half.

DJ Campbell is clearly the pacy sort of striker that will most effectively play alongside Howard. However, I can see why Ollie wants to fit in hayles (experience, determination, good poacher) and Hume (loads of effort, spectacular goals, the odd touch of inspiration). Campbell and Howard need to gel and score 15 goals between them before the end of the season if we are to put pressure on those above us and nick tight games. if they don't click we will have the game on game rotation that will mean we might struggle for consistency.

bori and lazcko clearly need a bit more time to train settle and play defined roles within the side i.e both staying wide and pushing on high up the field NOT tucking in and consequently keeping our fullbacks penned back.

The deal will be if Fryatt can be sold to Forest or another bidder to fund a move for Norris and or a winger like Commons. These sort of midfield options will give us a good pool of 8 or 9 to choose from for our midifield four.

Alnwick, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Mattock - Could be a class unit for the next 5 years if we can hold on to them and build on them.

the january window is edging shut ollie!

For all the criticism of Barry Hayles - when was the last time we scored a jammy goal like either of his 2 to date? totally used to seeing the opposition score them against us and fully expected shefki kuqi to score a similar sort of goal when he came on. BH could be the sort of option we need who'll bang them in (or expertly lob the keeper) in and around the 6 yard box.

Got just under 2 weeks until next home game. Is that enough time to lay a new one ?? Anyone know ??

Takes about a week to rip one up and lay a new one but it will cut up worse than the exisitng one for the first 4-6 weeks after its been laid so you wouldnt really get anywhere in the short term. I suspect it will get relaid at the end of the season if they cant get it under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669