Dyer - Decent
Oakley - Potentially past it
Fryatt - Decent
Howard - Decent but yet to sign a contract
Campbell - His intention is unknown
Schlupp - No Championship experience
Chambers - No real experience
Gallagher - Yet to find his true position but has potential
Vitor - Unknown quantity. Not many 21 yeard old Portugese CB's in the Championship

Is that good enough? I doubt it personally.

We seem to be missing out on targets, presumably as we wait for a cash injection in to the club via this 'takeover'. Colace and Orlandi have resigned for their original clubs when they looked set to come here.

When do we start signing players? The squad looks much much weaker than last year.

Season starts in 10 days :icon_conf

Last edited:
Fryatt and Weale are much better than decent Championship players.

berner is injury pron, and fryatt is world class :)

Fryatt and Weale are much better than decent Championship players.

Not really the point but granted they are good players at this level.

Fact still remains, we have a squad of around 22 players and nearly half are either youth team players, players with no pedigree at this level or players proven to be crap at this level.

Throw in to the mix the fact that Howard may feel his future lies elsewhere, reported interest in our no 1 from the premiership and no real sign of numbers to strengthen, it looks worrying.

berner is injury pron, and fryatt is world class :)

Where are these players jas?

You remember that PM you sent me?

jas123 said:
jordi lopez is a fact, and were in negotiations with Swansea for angel rangel, looks very likely.

Where's Jordi then :102:

Not really the point but granted they are good players at this level.

Fact still remains, we have a squad of around 22 players and nearly half are either youth team players, players with no pedigree at this level or players proven to be crap at this level.

Throw in to the mix the fact that Howard may feel his future lies elsewhere, reported interest in our no 1 from the premiership and no real sign of numbers to strengthen, it looks worrying.

I've said this before, Durham, but I think you underrate Fryatt. He is a fantastic player, who creates most of his chances for himself and has ball control and a first touch too good for Championship level.

I certainly wouldn't put him a level behind Morrison and Hobbs at any rate.

Last edited:
Where are the replacements for Bruce, Waghorn, Spearing, Vaughan? Once we have the relacements in we are approaching where we were last year. At the minute we are miles off.

The only two players we have missed out on were only rumours, and nothing but paper talk, the same as Weale is.

Anyone we bring in is likely to be untested, same as Waghorn, Spearing, Davies etc all were.

I've said this before, Durham, but I think you underrate Fryatt. He is a fantastic player, who creates most of his chances for himself and has ball control and a first touch too good for Championship level.

I said this 2 minutes ago, you're mising my point.

Where are the replacements for Bruce, Waghorn, Spearing, Vaughan? Once we have the relacements in we are approaching where we were last year. At the minute we are miles off.

Bruce for Vitor, Waghorn for Crncic if he comes, Adams is getting a new lease so can replace Spearing.

I think you are looking at this very glass half empty.

We were top 5 until January without any of those players. We don't need to replace them.

The only two players we have missed out on were only rumours, and nothing but paper talk, the same as Weale is.

Anyone we bring in is likely to be untested, same as Waghorn, Spearing, Davies etc all were.

There was substance to both Colace and Orlandi. They were waiting on us but decided to rsign where they were because we couldnt complete deals. Same could happen with Crncic.

10 days to go.

mail-798955-798993.png

There was substance to both Colace and Orlandi. They were waiting on us but decided to rsign where they were because we couldnt complete deals. Same could happen with Crncic.

10 days to go.

Is that based on someone "in the know"?

I think you have to give Gallagher a bit more credit than "has potential" IMO he is one of the most technically gifted players in this league.

For me it all depends on how well Sousa uses and organises the players he has. He has inherited most of a group of players that nearly got to a play-off final last year, plus whoever he adds over the next month. Blackpool went up with one good midfielder and a couple of decent defenders last season, in a league that arguably had better teams in than this season.

Last edited:
I'll rename the thread 'Miss the point and discuss my one line player opinions instead'

Your whole point was that you said the squad wasn't good enough based on some loan players who we did fine without last season have left. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566