Current Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the replacements for Bruce, Waghorn, Spearing, Vaughan? Once we have the relacements in we are approaching where we were last year. At the minute we are miles off.

Waghorn only starting playing regularly when Fryatt got injured. So you could say Fryatt is his replacement, not forgetting we have now got DJ back now.

Bruce rarely featured, and only got in the playoffs because of Brown being a plonker. You could say Bruce has been replaced by Vitor and Brown by Morrison moving over to the centre rather than right back. Not forgetting Tunchev who will hopefully be back in the first half of the year.

We are light at right back, the fact Adams is playing there shows that. I'm sure he knows it and that's an area we want strengthening.

Spearing hasn't been replaced, but we went most of last season without him. I'm sure he knows we are also light in this area and someone will come in soon.

I don't think it's doom and gloom, a couple of players and the squad will look a lot stronger.

Waghorn only starting playing regularly when Fryatt got injured. So you could say Fryatt is his replacement, not forgetting we have now got DJ back now.

Bruce rarely featured, and only got in the playoffs because of Brown being a plonker. You could say Bruce has been replaced by Vitor and Brown by Morrison moving over to the centre rather than right back. Not forgetting Tunchev who will hopefully be back in the first half of the year.

We are light at right back, the fact Adams is playing there shows that. I'm sure he knows it and that's an area we want strengthening.

Spearing hasn't been replaced, but we went most of last season without him. I'm sure he knows we are also light in this area and someone will come in soon.

I don't think it's doom and gloom, a couple of players and the squad will look a lot stronger.

10 days to go Babylon.

The-Clock-is-Ticking.jpg

Suggest you re-read post 1 then.

Your point is that our squad is much weaker than last seasons and you are worried that we haven't added to it, but I don't really see how it's much weaker. It's virtually the same squad that had us in the top 5 last January.

Squad with players removed who were here but nowhere near first team football last year:

Weale - Decent No 1 but could be wanted and seems Sousa might let him go
Logan - Decent Backup
Berner - Decent
Kennedy - unknow quantity at this level
Hobbs - Excellent
Morrison - Excllent
King - Decent
Wellens - Decent
N'Guessan - In and out last year
Dyer - Decent
Oakley - Potentially past it
Fryatt - Decent
Howard - Decent but yet to sign a contract
Campbell - His intention is unknown
Gallagher - Yet to find his true position but has potential
Vitor - Unknown quantity. Not many 21 yeard old Portugese CB's in the Championship

Last edited:
So basically we are one centre half down on our starting 11? Which we have improved with two other defenders. And the possibility of Tunchev

Last edited:
Starting 11?

We are 6 players down on the squad that played the final game of the season.

But what you keep ignoring is that all these players only played in the second half of last season and we were doing just as well without them in the first half.

Players like Bruce, Spearing and Vaughan played what, 4 or 5 games each? They did nothing really to add to our campaign. So I don't see how you can't say Kennedy, Campbell and Vitor have replaced them even just as squad players.

Last edited:
This time back in MON's 1st premiership season, we'd only signed Justin Harrington ... but maybe I should go on Blackpool boards and say that.

But what you keep ignoring is that all these players only played in the second half of last season and we were doing just as well without them in the first half.

Players like Bruce, Spearing and Vaughan played what, 4 or 5 games each? They did nothing really to add to our campaign. So I don't see how you can't say Kennedy, Campbell and Vitor haven't replaced them even just as squad players.

We had Campbell last year but deemed him surplus to requirements, I;m not sure whats changed there to be honest.

I'm ignoring the reference to the team that started last season because its a non point. We moved on from that, added numbers and strengthened the squad. We have fallen well below that.

Kennedy and Vitor are of course replacements. How adequate we will see. Vitor has missed the entire pre season so he is well behind i terms of fitness and exposure to the English game already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669