Current Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Campbell last year but deemed him surplus to requirements, I;m not sure whats changed there to be honest.

I'm ignoring the reference to the team that started last season because its a non point. We moved on from that, added numbers and strengthened the squad. We have fallen well below that.

Kennedy and Vitor are of course replacements. How adequate we will see. Vitor has missed the entire pre season so he is well behind i terms of fitness and exposure to the English game already.

Have we fallen below where we were when we started last season, or where we were when we finished? As you said we added to the squad during last season, so why won't we this?

Are we down yet?

Have we fallen below where we were when we started last season, or where we were when we finished? As you said we added to the squad during last season, so why won't we this?

We've fallen below both.

OUT
Solano
Waghorn
Spearing
Vaughan
Bruce
Kermogant
Brown

IN
Vitor
Kennedy

Why is a non-point that where we were last January with essentially the same squad now?

Only Brown has gone who was a first teamer back then and if losing Wayne Brown has caused us to be so much worse off then there is something horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Why is a non-point that where we were last January with essentially the same squad now?

Only Brown has gone who was a first teamer back then and if losing Wayne Brown has caused us to be so much worse off then there is something horribly wrong.

Well unless every other team in the divison are reverting back to what they had a year ago I fail to see how its relevant.

Well unless every other team in the divison are reverting back to what they had a year ago I fail to see how its relevant.

So you think then the division is much stronger than it was last year?

Seriously, I think you're just fishing for negatives.

Last edited:
So you think then the division is much stronger than it was last year?

Seriously, I think you're just fishing for negatives.

You don't really need to fish do you? We certainly aren't any better off than were are year ago and we are clearly worse off than we were a few months ago.

Seriously, do you not think we need players in to compete in the top half this season?

Last edited:
You don't really need to fish do you? We certainly aren't any better off than were are year ago and we are clearly worse off than we were a few months ago.

Seriously, do you not think we need players in to compete in the top half this season?

Over the course of the season, yes. In the next 10 days, not at all.

But if we aren't better off than where we were a year ago, then I'd be quite happy, given that that squad was essentially finishing 5th even until we added to it with loan signings, not to mention I think this division is much weaker than it was last season.

But if we aren't better off than where we were a year ago, then I'd be quite happy, given that that squad was essentially finishing 5th even until we added to it with loan signings, not to mention I think this division is much weaker than it was last season.

You're happy we are worse off than last year?

The squad that finished the season finished 5th.

Hows the division weaker? Fair enough Newcastle were always going to finish top and theyve been replaced by weaker opposition but most of the promotion chaser for this year have strengthened from where they were at the end of last season.

You're happy we are worse off than last year?

The squad that finished the season finished 5th.

Hows the division weaker? Fair enough Newcastle were always going to finish top and theyve been replaced by weaker opposition but most of the promotion chaser for this year have strengthened from where they were at the end of last season.

Where are you getting this from? Cardiff and Forest have signed less players than us.

Last edited:
Boro have spent £6M 3 players plus theyve bought in Kris Boyd and Andy Halliday on fress

So you're basing the opinion of this division being stronger than last season on one side who were mid-table last season spending a lot? Despite admitting the teams coming down aren't as good as Newcastle and WBA.

No one else in the championship has been strengthening at all, bar Boro, no one can afford to, that's why Boro are run away favourite with most bookies despite being midtable last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669