Curtis Davies - one month loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs securing until january to pull us out of trouble with naughton, shoring up the backline and actually passing the ball to our wingers as opposed to having them chase or compete for it! Come on sven charm him like you did 'all the lasses' at the fa.

He needs securing until january to pull us out of trouble with naughton, shoring up the backline and actually passing the ball to our wingers as opposed to having them chase or compete for it! Come on sven charm him like you did 'all the lasses' at the fa.
:102:

Sounds likes he wants to come on a permanent basis too

Has real quality, i hope we can get him permanently. I still think Hobbs has long term future with us as even if Tunchev returns he does not have youth on his side like these two, who could form a good partnership for several seasons

It sounds like he's not sure about his future at Villa and is leaving his options open.

Have to agree - he knows he cannot join a prem team until Jan so basically wants to stay here until then and then see what offers come along then

<insert [derogatory statement about Celtic being an average Championship-standard side and being unable to pay what we can] here>

All players are mercenaries these days. They just follow the £. There's no point in getting upset when they leave.

Our loan players are doing rather well. It would be possible to have a very good back four all of whom are on loan - though my personal preference would be Hobbs instead of Vitor.
Bringing in new loan players though welcome can provide Sven with selection problems.
I have a question - I know you can only play four loan players. Is that four loan players at any one time or during a game? For instance if Vitor comes on as a sub for Cunningham does that count as one loan player or two.

Vitor is a better player than Hobbs and will play for Portugal IMO. He's quicker, just as strong, more confident on the ball and better at attacking set pieces.
He's Hobbs superior and i'd play him alongside Davies and try and sign him also.Hobbs virtually never wins a header in the opposition box.
Pity that homegrown players aren't better - but Hobbs was indecisive and look liked he was running with lead boots on even against a medium paced player like Hume v Preston.
Not a good season so far for the big man.

Vitor is a better player than Hobbs and will play for Portugal IMO. He's quicker, just as strong, more confident on the ball and better at attacking set pieces.
He's Hobbs superior and i'd play him alongside Davies and try and sign him also.Hobbs virtually never wins a header in the opposition box.
Pity that homegrown players aren't better - but Hobbs was indecisive and look liked he was running with lead boots on even against a medium paced player like Hume v Preston.
Not a good season so far for the big man.

Love how this opinion has been formulated off two games. A game where we conceded four and another where we played an absolutely shit side.

Long way for him to go until Portugal.

Most folk only watch a defender when he's anywhere near the ball. Watch Vitor marking and movement wise, he's got a lot of work to do. All at sea with the movement of Cox and Bednar as a partnership in the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566