Curtis Davies - one month loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question - I know you can only play four loan players. Is that four loan players at any one time or during a game? For instance if Vitor comes on as a sub for Cunningham does that count as one loan player or two.

I'm not surprised that you're confused on the subject; the rules seems to have changed so often. You can now have five loan players on the 18-man teamsheet. All of them may start, all may be on the bench or any combination between.

Brilliant. Our player of the season last year is now suddenly a bag of wank.

Some people
Amazing really. Vitor puts in two competent performances and is suddenly the best defender ever to pull on a blue shirt and Hobbs is dogshit. Hazz rightly pointed out Vitor's marking, positioning and concentration need work. He's not bad, but he's not world class either. As for Jack Hobbs (not the cricketer), of course he's not the finished article. He's 22 years old. But Vitor, better? Not by a long shot.

On the interview with him, davies says he fancies a stay until january if Villa don't recall him- perhap it will go all through the season? Thoughts?

Wouldn't that break the rules?

An emergency loan can last no longer than 93 days; the one for Davies having started in mid-October, it could therefore be extended until the middle of January. Presumably we could take him on Standard Loan for the second half of the season once the January transfer window opens.

It's Franks though who's speculating on him being here until the end of the season rather than the player, isn't it? I can't see Davies wanting to be here and still under the terms of his current contract with Villa if Celtic come in waving their cheque-book with a new offer. His agent will be sure to point out to him what his best interests are.

`

Last edited:
An emergency loan can last no longer than 93 days; the one for Davies having started in mid-October, it could therefore be extended until the middle of January. Presumably we could take him on Standard Loan for the second half of the season once the January transfer window opens.

It's Franks though who's speculating on him being here until the end of the season rather than the player, isn't it? I can't see Davies wanting to be here and still under the terms of his current contract with Villa if Celtic come in waving their cheque-book with a new offer. His agent will be sure to point out to him what his best interests are.

`

Celtic are unlikely to be in a position to match his likely earnings at Villa. None of the Scottish clubs have money to burn any more.

`

I'd have thought we would be in a better position to offer him a deal closer to his Villa terms than Celtic.

A couple of Birmingham papers saying that Villa have agreed to extend until January.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...-extends-leicester-loan-spell-97319-27631973/

Sunday Mercury saying the same thing.

Groovy. Even if the extension doesn't work out or he doesn't stay beyond January, an in form Jack Hobbs can easily match him. Hobbs at the end of last season reminded me of Matty Elliott in his prime.

Its a shame that Morrison has decided to be a bit crap now, I miss 'watching' him....

Love how this opinion has been formulated off two games. A game where we conceded four and another where we played an absolutely shit side.

Long way for him to go until Portugal.

Most folk only watch a defender when he's anywhere near the ball. Watch Vitor marking and movement w*s*, he's got a lot of work to do. All at sea with the movement of Cox and Bednar as a partnership in the Cup.
I was under the impression that Vitor was one of the only players to come out with any sort of praise v West Brom?
Brilliant. Our player of the season last year is now suddenly a bag of wank.

Some people
I don't think that is what's been said. It's a nice exaggeration tho'

:056: Yann love.
Amazing really. Vitor puts in two competent performances and is suddenly the best defender ever to pull on a blue shirt and Hobbs is dogshit. Hazz rightly pointed out Vitor's marking, positioning and concentration need work. He's not bad, but he's not world class either. As for Jack Hobbs (not the cricketer), of course he's not the finished article. He's 22 years old. But Vitor, better? Not by a long shot.

From the two games I saw him play, albeit against poor opposition, Vitor has looked VERY good. I've said elsewhere that he has a similar presence to Tunchev when he played for us - confident and classy without seeming to ever be under pressure. For me, the lad is probably too good for this division.

Hopefully IF we get anywhere near promotion we will be in a position to sgn Davies, Vitor and Naughton permanently.

Hobbs, on the other hand, is not shite. I think competition for places will help him improve. As the main man he seemed to falter and maybe this is a good thing for him in the long run.

It's Morrison I feel sorry for. A good lad but it doesn't look like he has much of a future here.

Vitor was the pick of the defensive four against West Brom. He excelled against Bednar in the physical one on one's. However, as a unit the back four struggled; organisation wise a sham and the marking very poor on Cox whose movement left Vitor and Morrison trailing.

It's very easy to point the simple attributes of a defender; heading, tackling etc. Vitor has some work to do in the departments of marking and communication. He struggled with Nugents movement in his very brief performance in the league at Pompey.

Vitor was the pick of the defensive four against West Brom. He excelled against Bednar in the physical one on one's. However, as a unit the back four struggled; organisation w*s* a sham and the marking very poor on Cox whose movement left Vitor and Morrison trailing.

It's very easy to point the simple attributes of a defender; heading, tackling etc. Vitor has some work to do in the departments of marking and communication. He struggled with Nugents movement in his very brief performance in the league at Pompey.

Just out of interest, Logan was in goal for both those games.Do you think it could have anything to do with his organisational skills?

Just out of interest, Logan was in goal for both those games.Do you think it could have anything to do with his organisational skills?

And Morrison's performances this season have been somewhat lacking...

Who played right back that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670