David Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
now get him and St Ledger some playing partners, may i suggest Maynard and Mills GOOD SIGNING SVEN

agree we still need another C half and a Forward... not sure about St Ledger , we still need more quality at C Half .... Sol is good but think he is vulnerable against a clever ctre forward.

As for Nugnet... never been sure about him as a 20 goal a season man - which is what we need... hope i'm proven very wrong by May 12.

oh yes and ,... have we got a left back !!????....

hmmmm.. bit more work to do yet if we are going to be serious a promotion winning squad..

:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

When did he get his caps then?

In all seriousness what happened to that bloke? Scored 8 goals in 14 games for the U-21's. Strange old career he had.

Yeah. I've been on wiki today.

An U21 cap is a cap nevertheless!

I've just been on wiki and it linked me to the BBC page from when we signed him. Apparently he turned down the Prem to move to us! Aren't we lucky!

Last edited:
IMO we need a regular goalscorer alongside Nugent, Yak Maynard or Sharp (guaranteed 20 goals), i too am not 100% sure about SSL but if we manage to get Mills id be happy. Assuming Masiela gets permit, i would just try for Ben Mee to add competition and defensive back-up, not sure what total that would be but sven stated 3 keepers 20 outfield. the window would still be open if necessary for fine tuning

For some reason I have Nugent down as a huge target man, although I've checked and hes only 5'11.

Big blokes up top was how Stoke got promotion ?
Nugent's not Howard-like at all. He doesn't constantly argue with referees or elbow people in the head.

Nugent's not Howard-like at all. He doesn't constantly argue with referees or elbow people in the head.

Or give away 60 needless fouls every game, putting an end to countless attacks of ours.

Last edited:
Nugent has pedigree (not chum). Grand signing. 15 goals or more is a good return from a striker, and he managed 14 on the wing (for the majority) at Pompey. Anyone bemoaning this ought to consider the initial, and eventual, outlay for CMS...an unproven Striker at this level. Exceeeeeddddiinnngggly (good cakes) happy with this.

Under the reign of Sven, as a quote, 'I am not worried'.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670