Day trips to recommend or avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't beat the Cumberland pencil museum, I reckon.

Pretty good one that. Enjoyable.

How about the Northwich Salt museum. One of Cheshire's finest salt museums.

York. Railway museum, a boat trip down the river, the jorvik centre (pre book tickets to avoid queuing) and tea in the (quite) impressive Ask restaurant.

York. Railway museum, a boat trip down the river, the jorvik centre (pre book tickets to avoid queuing) and tea in the (quite) impressive Ask restaurant.
I was going to post that as a trip to avoid :icon_lol:

I went as a teenager and was bored stupid.

Perhaps a bit of a way from Leicester, but Monkey World in Dorset is a great day out

www.monkeyworld.org

Over Easter, the first 200 kids each day get a free Easter Egg

I was going to post that as a trip to avoid :icon_lol:

I went as a teenager and was bored stupid.

Yes. i was in 2 minds whether to include jorvik, not my cup of tea either, but thought i couldn't not mention it. I'm not a railway gekk but the rail museum is very good.

Normally the National Space Centre is fascinating but overpriced. However, they are doing an annual admission upgrade for the price of a day pass.
SpaceCentre

Space Centre is superb, worth every penny.

Snibston discovery is also worth a visit, often overlooked.

Pretty good one that. Enjoyable.

How about the Northwich Salt museum. One of Cheshire's finest salt museums.

Do you still get to go down the salt caves? If you do, that is a pretty interesting day out.

I went back to Grimes Graves in Naarfolk - the flint mines - a few years back. It was proper rubbish - penned into one of the big central caverns and just listening to some tedious nonsense from the tour guode.

When I went there as a kid, you brought your own torch and went off exploring - squeezing through the smallest gaps you could manage while terrifying yourself that you torch might run out once you'd got yourself well and truly lost and beyond the reach of any grown-up.

Do you still get to go down the salt caves? If you do, that is a pretty interesting day out.

I went back to Grimes Graves in Naarfolk - the flint mines - a few years back. It was proper rubbish - penned into one of the big central caverns and just listening to some tedious nonsense from the tour guode.

When I went there as a kid, you brought your own torch and went off exploring - squeezing through the smallest gaps you could manage while terrifying yourself that you torch might run out once you'd got yourself well and truly lost and beyond the reach of any grown-up.

I should think 'elf and safety has put paid to that Dour.

Went down to Sence Valley Park just outside Ibstock yesterday. Lovely walk around the lakes and it was free!

When i was with the bird with no norks and her kid last year we went to a farm park called Hatton Country park. Twas a nice place to go really. Plenty of animals and rides and shops too. I spent ages winding this goat up. :icon_lol:

The goat being the bird with no norks?? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670