Post Match Derby 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched it on a pub TV so I will defer to people who saw it live but from what I saw:
St Ledger and Morgan were excellent and deserve to keep their places - we did not miss Mills at all.
Dyer gave Derby a lot of problems whereas Marshall was not especially impressive
the front two did not look dangerous enough especially in the first half when we had a lot of possession
as well as his goal Danns had a very good game.

I still believe that Bamba and Drinkwater should be in the team but on this performance I am not sure who they should replace.

One last point. When Morgan was booked he grinned as though to say "Fair cop" and did not let it faze him. I doubt if Mills would have shown that maturity.

First half excellent, second half determined but reserved.

Three points is good and beating Derby in the process adds to it.

I actually thought we did well second half, not as good as the first half, but still a great defensive performance. Even though they had most of the possesion we contained them really well and they never had a real chance on goal, whereas we had 3 or 4: Nugent and Dyer both hitting the woodwork and Nugent slicing wide from 8 yards. Schmeichel had nothing to do all game really well.

Thought we played well enough to get the win. Another step towards pinching a play off spot.

On a side note what was the chant being sang with a lot of oooo at the end?

Agree with Mawsley. Mills deservedly wasn't in the squad because SSL, Morgan and Bamba all deserve to be ahead of him of right now. Don't see why Sky were making such a big deal out of him not being in the squad.

a) Because there are no other Championship clubs that would leave a fit £5 million plus player out of the match day squad completely
Or
b) Because the media circuit is hearing vibes of a big bust up & they all want to be first to get official confirmation

Last edited:
Very good away performance, first half we were awesome and Derby just couldn't contain us and we could and should have been 3 or 4 up. Second half Derby came out and tried to make a game of it but despite having lots of possession created next to nothing and whilst we did seem to sit back we still created a number of clear cut chances, with Nugent, Beckford and Dyer all going close to extending the lead. Morgan and SSL were excellent and look an excellent partnership. Danns was superb and thoroughly deserving of the MOTM award, whilst Dyer was a constant threat on the left, Nuge and Beckford continue to develop a dangerous partnership up top.

All in all decent performance, great result and certainly the signs that Pearson is stamping his authority on the club.

Agree with the positives about Morgan, St.Ledger and Dyer. We defended against a poor team who were bereft of confidence very well.

I'm not convinced that Peltier and Marshall down the right side are strong enough. They weren't exposed last night but a better side will exploit them. Wellens was good again and appears to have rediscovered some form. Danns compliments him well but a place must be found for Drinkwater in there somewhere. Apart from a couple of good things, I thought Beckford was dire. Nugent was anonymous first half, much better second.

Mills' absence was telling. If NP's body language on the side lines over the months he's been back is anything to go by, I don't think Mills, Bamba and Beckford will be at the club next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566