Derby 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided when? it was blatently obvious to me a good while ago he's ****ing useless.

Even without the stupid goal we gifted them a point away at someone in Derby's position isn't ideal. Very shit week for us and at a bad time with the next few games

I thought he might take a while to get going. Its been a while and he certainly hasn't got going. He doesn't do anything overtly shite but he seems to find worryingly few chances for a center forward.

I don't really understand why suddenly today Yann is public enemy number 1, as it sounds like he didn't play any worse then anyone else today. People talk about him not having chances, but he hasn't been played up front yet, always in some floating midfield role. And considering that neither Oakley or Wellens have scored yet is it really that surprising that he hasn't scored?

A lot of it seems to be based on what RL were saying. I'd rather base criticism on what other people at the game said. Everyones pissed off right now, and looking for an easy target

I was at the game. He was horrendous.

I agree with Cate as well and Kermit just can't hack it in my opinion it was a waste of time him being on the pitch.

Should have kept the 4-3-3 up cos we should have taken the game to them and put Dany in rather than him. Barker at the back just took it all and played out of his skin nothing got past him. Even Dyer was quieter today not so many productive runs.

This is turning out to be another bad run like the others we've had and we need to end it soon. we have to go to Cardiff and NOT LOSE.

Fear not...

FantasticFebruary
MiserableMarch
AwesomeApril

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really understand why suddenly today Yann is public enemy number 1, as it sounds like he didn't play any worse then anyone else today. People talk about him not having chances, but he hasn't been played up front yet, always in some floating midfield role. And considering that neither Oakley or Wellens have scored yet is it really that surprising that he hasn't scored?

A lot of it seems to be based on what RL were saying. I'd rather base criticism on what other people at the game said. Everyones pissed off right now, and looking for an easy target

I dont think any one player is to blame, apart from that ridiculous goal you could have said the game had 0-0 written all over it... we are just lacking in producing that killer pass and spend too much time passing backwards and sideways as already mentioned.

My opinion has nothing to do with today, which is why I said "it was blatently obvious to me a good while ago he's ****ing useless". I find it odd that we throw him in when Howard is available

Others may just be picking him out today as its hard to pick other players (Powell as exception) who don't normally play.

I agree he wasn't the only one that didn't play well.

They had set up wrong to start with me thinks.

On RL seems people are having a go at Brown and wanting him to go yet it was the defence as a whole today that were poor capped by Weale's error.

Oaklys clapping of the Derby fans left a very bad taste in the mouth. He should look at which club he's captain of and consider the performance he gave, which was totally substandard.

Oaklys clapping of the Derby fans left a very bad taste in the mouth. He should look at which club he's captain of and consider the performance he gave, which was totally substandard.

they were clapping him, so why shouldnt he clap back?

I thought some of our play was ok, we were just woeful up front. I can understand why people are mentioning Kermorgant, but I think today was just going to be one of those days.

I'm not going to bang on about Weale. Yes it was a basic error, but it happens, and I think if we look back at some of the saves he's pulled off that could have been goals, then i'm sure this can be looked upon as just a comical error.

IMO we need to return to a basic 4-4-2 formation, and stop all this 'trial and error' shit, at such an important time of the season.

Berner appears to be a critical part of the team, however I would like to praise Powell for todays performance. I thought he looked extremely comfortable, and much much better than McGivern.

I thought some of our play was ok, we were just woeful up front. I can understand why people are mentioning Kermorgant, but I think today was just going to be one of those days.

I'm not going to bang on about Weale. Yes it was a basic error, but it happens, and I think if we look back at some of the saves he's pulled off that could have been goals, then i'm sure this can be looked upon as just a comical error.

IMO we need to return to a basic 4-4-2 formation, and stop all this 'trial and error' shit, at such an important time of the season.

Berner appears to be a critical part of the team, however I would like to praise Powell for todays performance. I thought he looked extremely comfortable, and much much better than McGivern.

:038:

4-4-2? That was 4-4-2 today. IMO we should stick with the 4-5-1/4-3-3, Dyer and N'Guessan on the flanks. Atleast until Fryatt is back.

It's rather alarming that we seem to have slipped into some iffy form at a crucial time of the season when we have two huge games coming up. A real disappointment.

I am sorry Fox Fan but I do not agree. I like to see a former player applauded when he left the club with good memories and it would be churlish for him not to respond. I certainly applauded Claridge when he returned with Millwall and will applaud Heskey when we play them next season. I seem to remember Man City fans applauding Dickov when he played for us.
I even remember Liverpool fans applauding Shilton at a time when he was completely frustrating Keegan and Toshak in an FA Semi Final at Old Trafford.

How you leave is important whether you are a footballer or any other employee. Think of how badly Mark McGhee and Dennis Wise left. More recent think of the ungracious and churlish remarks of Joe Mattock.

I have no doubt that Oakley being applauded did nothing to cause a poor performance. In responding he was being gracious and well mannered.

What a stupid comment, look at the ex city players who have come to play against us and we have clapped them, so where is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669