Derby 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a good player for us, but I don't think anyone but himself would rank him alongside our all-time great midfielders like Weller, Gibson, Izzet, Lennon or Glover.

He's such a ****. I hate him as much as I hate Wise.

So you expected Savage to stand there and not say anything whilst his CURRENT team mate was smashed in the face. So by your argument if a derby player had smashed one of our players in the face Oakley should just step aside and not say anything?

I would have expected Savage to keep his nose out yes, especially in front of his former home fans when he was clearly goading the ref regarding one of his former team mates. Do you think it is the job of players to surround the ref when something like that happens?

As for the Oakley scenario that you describe, as club captain I would expect him to be the ONLY one talking to the ref about it.

I would have expected Savage to keep his nose out yes, especially in front of his former home fans when he was clearly goading the ref regarding one of his former team mates. Do you think it is the job of players to surround the ref when something like that happens?

As for the Oakley scenario that you describe, as club captain I would expect him to be the ONLY one talking to the ref about it.

So for arguments sake, if one of our player gets smashed in the face. You would expect only Captain Oakley to go to the ref and complain. The other players should do nothing? :icon_roll

I cant be bothered to contine to argue about an incident that happend 5+ years ago.

You clearly believe Savage influenced the ref's decision to send Elliott off. I believe the ref was simply influenced by Elliott smashing the player in the face.

F**king shit result.

I only got to see "1/5th" of the game. But for me, it was a dreadfully poor performance. A shadow of the first half performance against Cov, which (again, 1/5th viewing) was superb.

Still, I'm sort of happy we have such tough games ahead, it might shake us out of the 3 match stupor we seem to have fallen into.

So for arguments sake, if one of our player gets smashed in the face. You would expect only Captain Oakley to go to the ref and complain. The other players should do nothing? :icon_roll

I cant be bothered to contine to argue about an incident that happend 5+ years ago.

You clearly believe Savage influenced the ref's decision to send Elliott off. I believe the ref was simply influenced by Elliott smashing the player in the face.

Whether he influenced the decision or not is irrelevant. It was the fact that he attempted to that is at the core of my arguement.

You clearly feel that when an incident takes place that the ref should be surrounded by players all trying to influence his decision a la Man Utd. This is one of the things that, in my opinion, is wrong with the game.

Whether he influenced the decision or not is irrelevant. It was the fact that he attempted to that is at the core of my arguement.

You clearly feel that when an incident takes place that the ref should be surrounded by players all trying to influence his decision a la Man Utd. This is one of the things that, in my opinion, is wrong with the game.

As I said Im not talking about Savage any more, obviously you have a problem with him and i cant be arsed to keep going over the same stuff. I dont think anything Savage did affected what happened to Elliott.

For some reason you have now changed stance to arguing that players shouldnt influence the ref rather than your original arugment of Savage should have kept away because he was an ex-city player.

Interesting that you think players shouldnt try to influence the ref, yet you think it is ok for Captains to go up to refs and talk to them about the incident. :icon_roll

I also find it worrying if refs can/are influenced by players.

Last edited:
The reason Elliott got sent off is because he forearm smashed one of their players in the face. It was one of the most blatant red cards I have ever seen at the Walkers. Savage might have gone mental at the ref, but it was only because it was such a bad challenge.

I dont like Savage and he did act a cock that day, especailly when celebrating every goal like it was a winning cup final goal, but to blame him for Elliott smashing someone in the face is going a little too far.

tbf though ,as far as I remember I'm sure the ref never saw the incident when it happened,only their player on the floor and imo Savage 'helped' the ref in his decision. Yes Elliott would probably have had a ban retrospectively, butthat isn't the point.

tbf though ,as far as I remember I'm sure the ref never saw the incident when it happened,only their player on the floor and imo Savage 'helped' the ref in his decision. Yes Elliott would probably have had a ban retrospectively, butthat isn't the point.

But Willlow's point was would you expect any of our players to act differently? Say would you have expected Howard to walk away against Derby?

I would like to think we wouldn't have someone who would deliberately get in front of the ref and start shouting about what had happened and wave imaginary cards about....

Obviously in an ideal world players would let the ref deal with it but it's not. And you always get the knobheads being first in the queue to tell the ref what to do.

I would like to think we wouldn't have someone who would deliberately get in front of the ref and start shouting about what had happened and wave imaginary cards about....

Obviously in an ideal world players would let the ref deal with it but it's not. And you always get the knobheads being first in the queue to tell the ref what to do.

But that's just the way Savage is as a player and as a person, not very likeable for anyone that supports the opposite team. He would have done exactly the same thing at every single ground in the country.

You can rightly accuse Savage for being very thick, but I don't think you can say he's deliberately trying to wind us up just because we're Leicester fans. That's just the type of player he is, and I would gladly have him back if he was a better football player.

Savage never thinks, that is his problem, and tbh the crap he has come out with today is, quite honestly, laughable.

He also has some memory loss seeing as he has obviously forgotten the things he said about us after leaving(which in hindsight considering he had his best moments of his career in a Leicester shirt was a tad stupid.) He can whinge about being booed all he likes, there's plenty of players who played with him under MON who when leaving us left with good wishes and are always welcomed back warmly. He should perhaps look at how they are treated because they have pretty much always been complimentary about their time here, and look back on the crap that came out of his gob after he left. Then it might work it's way through the cotton wool in his head why he gets the treatment he gets.

IF he had kept his gob shut and not slagged us off, he would get the same as Muzzy, Elliott, Claridge etc.
Shame, cos when he looks back he'll realise how much his time at Leicester acheived for him, and he'll be kicking himself for treating those years as though they, the club and the fans weren't worthy of him being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669