Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's cut to the chase as we hang on by a thread to our play off spot. Even if by some miracle NP takes us to the playoffs, surely even the biggest NP supporter knows he is a dead man walking - he has proved himself to be tactically naive amongst other things. So on the basis he is gone before next season whatever happens, let's get rid now and give us ourselves a chance of rescuing the season. All that is needed is confidence and someone that knows what he is doing from a tactical standpoint - isn't this a chance that is worth taking, because quite frankly I don't like the alternative.

Succinct and to the point although you could have added 'Manager not managing'.

You're right of course, first post nerves and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor show ,yet again, i still think its a bit of both ,players ,manager, i fear theres trouble in that dressing room to,i think nigel has lost control now ,its a total mix up.and yet who can the owners find that can do a better job at the moment, Canio was talked of at the beginning of the week ,but i think he will be heading for Reading.Any suggestions guys?

Poor show ,yet again, i still think its a bit of both ,players ,manager, i fear theres trouble in that dressing room to,i think nigel has lost control now ,its a total mix up.and yet who can the owners find that can do a better job at the moment, Canio was talked of at the beginning of the week ,but i think he will be heading for Reading.Any suggestions guys?

Evening classes?

Last edited:
There is a lot of understandable negativity in this thread. However, I'm feeling far more upbeat today.

This season isn't over. The players aren't playing for the management team for whatever reason, but they are still decent players and can still piss over any other side in this league.

The owners need to act quickly and remove NP. He is the only real problem we have. They then need to incentivise someone to come in until the end of the season. There are four out of work managers who could easily reignite us. Coyle, Adkins, Di Canio or Di Matteo would all be excellent options and all could really pick up a cracking job by taking us on right now. Would any of these turn down a £1m bonus for getting us up together with a longer term contract if they do so? If we've not been talking to these individuals already, we should do so today.

It needs to happen quickly and competently, unlike the shambles when they eventually recruited NP. If we can do this, the whole club could be bouncing with refreshed optimism come the 29th March.

How did Coyle do at Bolton this season? Would Di Matteo really want to go from Champions League winner to Championship risk? Adkins isn't available and Di Canio is, once again, a racist, eccentric, ****. The options out there aren't great.

Have just seen your remaining fixtures. You're ****ed !

How did Coyle do at Bolton this season? Would Di Matteo really want to go from Champions League winner to Championship risk? Adkins isn't available and Di Canio is, once again, a racist, eccentric, ****. The options out there aren't great.

Nigel Pearson wasn't available, either.

Up until recently, I've thought Pearson should be given the rest of the season to see what he can do, he has, after all, got us this far. But - the definintion of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expect a different result, and as far as I can see that, to a point (4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2 etc) is what is happening. I now think, get rid and bring someone, anyone, in and at least we'll get that "new manager" syndrome that may just get us into the play-off's. At the moment we are definatley heading for mid-table mediocraty and how long will our owners hang around while we wait for the promised land? Adkins is the man, but I've already drunk one bottle of Malbec and am into my second, so what do I know?

I think the club need more instability and less continuity. Chelsea have won 8 trophies or more in the last 8 years and Arsenal have won nothing. We should follow Chelsea's example.

Pearson made you unpopular.Di Canio would make you unspeakable.
If Hull had re-signed Marlon King due to our attacking problems I would have stopped going to KC and they could have kept my ST.
I would imagine many of your fans would feel more than queezy with Di Canio-a quick witted foul duck head.
I went to a match in Italy where Di Canio was cheered at half time(he was a sub)by the opposing fans who were wearing paramilitary style clothes and doing what seemed to me to be Nazi salutes.
He needs no access whatsoever to media attention.
If any of you agree with this view can you make sure your owners get wind of his political views before they make any appointments.

I think the club need more instability and less continuity. Chelsea have won 8 trophies or more in the last 8 years and Arsenal have won nothing. We should follow Chelsea's example.

Exactly and we need to chuck away money like it is going out of fashion, any idiot can see that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669