Not Work Safe Derby County handing out free e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame they don't do it here, 1) becuase I'd have one for free and 2) would be priceless to see numpties kicking off about people using them in the seating areas.

Shame they don't do it here, 1) becuase I'd have one for free and 2) would be priceless to see numpties kicking off about people using them in the seating areas.

Plenty of clubs and businesses ban e-cigarettes anyway, I'm not sure what the policy is at the KP but wouldn't be surprised to find they are banned.

I'm pretty sure they are banned but I was more referring to the numpties that would claim it is killing them, as there would be many that would.

I'm pretty sure they are banned but I was more referring to the numpties that would claim it is killing them, as there would be many that would.

The expression 'numpties' would probably more appropriately attached to those who suck these new things that are not yet fully tested and think they should be allowed to do so where smoking is banned. It already looks certain that once the ptb get their arse in gear, such items will only be available from pharmacies.

The expression 'numpties' would probably more appropriately attached to those who suck these new things that are not yet fully tested and think they should be allowed to do so where smoking is banned. It already looks certain that once the ptb get their arse in gear, such items will only be available from pharmacies.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, the tobacco industry and governments have a hell of a lot at stake here if someone/thing else wants a slice of their pie and I'd imagine it is the exact reason why it will be classed as a medicine.

I'd be much more worried about what I am breathing whilst I am walking to the game or waiting at the train station to be honest compared to what is pretty much the same as what rises from a tea, coffee or football ground favourite, Bovril.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, the tobacco industry and governments have a hell of a lot at stake here if someone/thing else wants a slice of their pie and I'd imagine it is the exact reason why it will be classed as a medicine.

I'd be much more worried about what I am breathing whilst I am walking to the game or waiting at the train station to be honest compared to what is pretty much the same as what rises from a tea, coffee or football ground favourite, Bovril.

And if you believe your last sentence to be true, keep sucking. You deserve it.

Out of interest, where are the esmokers getting their information from that is to be trusted? I'm assuming they aren't free? Won't they have a vested interest in making people people they are harmless?

And if you believe your last sentence to be true, keep sucking. You deserve it.

Sadly for you, I do not own one.

I assume you have evidence to prove these deadly claims you are aligning to then?

Out of interest, where are the esmokers getting their information from that is to be trusted? I'm assuming they aren't free? Won't they have a vested interest in making people people they are harmless?

Plenty of reports out there to say they have minimal impact compared to actual ciggies.

Of course they won't be harmless, but don't forget that everything gives you cancer nowadays.

And as a non e-cig smoker I can't think of a vested interest.

Plenty of reports out there to say they have minimal impact compared to actual ciggies.

Of course they won't be harmless, but don't forget that everything gives you cancer nowadays.

e-cigs are designed to wean smokers off tobacco. They may well be safer than tobacco but they are certainly addictive in themselves and I give you credit for recognising that "won't be harmless".

My feeling is that their safety should have been established before they were marketed.

You don't think that the want people to buy them?

e-cigs are designed to wean smokers off tobacco. They may well be safer than tobacco but they are certainly addictive in themselves and I give you credit for recognising that "won't be harmless".

My feeling is that their safety should have been established before they were marketed.

That or as a safer alternative to smoking real ciggies. Of course they won't be harmless is, as nothing is anymore, but their impact is minimal as nicotine isn't the killer in real cigs, but the 1,000s of other chemicals in them and are created when burnt and/or inhaled.

Of course thorough tests should be done on them but it is not like they are untested up until now.

The only thing I disagree with is that they are available to under-18s.

Nicotine in itself isn't addictive, ecigs may be habit forming but are unlikely to be addictive.

It is the Big Pharma driven government and EU policies which are devoid of coherent research and due to their determination to protect revenues they are chosing to place anecdote over fact. The media started off towing the government line but their has been a wholesale change in the serious coverage, whereas the tabloid TV still fixates on shit.

Screen shot 2013-09-04 at 20.30.21.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570