Derby home 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food should involve fresh ingredients. It should be prepared slowly and with care (even better if it is with affection for those who are going to eat it). It should be served on proper plates with proper knives and forks to people sitting down. In return for the cook taking that trouble the person eating should be prepared to wait for their food.

The name for this is Slow Food.

Have you considered that after 3 and a half hours sat in a car that this is not exactly a great concern for me?

Great day yesterday ruined only by the idiots on both sides who couldn't keep quiet for a minute. Although if the club had gave it some thought they would have had the minute silence first followed by the last post. I wish every game had that atmosphere although I'm sure the next home game will.

Great day yesterday ruined only by the idiots on both sides who couldn't keep quiet for a minute. Although if the club had gave it some thought they would have had the minute silence first followed by the last post. I wish every game had that atmosphere although I'm sure the next home game will.

Numerous people I spoke to said it was the confusion that led to the noise. Even the players started to break from the centre circle.

Last edited:
Howard100%,Gallagher100% Dyer100%,Vassell80%(just a bit of fine tuning for me)
Midfield brilliant, Defence Very solid.
We are getting there
GREAT SHOW CITY.

RL post-match interview.

Stringer: [Largely incomprehensible rambling, the gist of it being ] - Sven, you've got a lot of young players, after that great performance, how do you keep their feet on the ground for the next match.

SGE: I'll show them videos of the matches we lost.

Stringer: .......................[loooonnng silence]

SGE: I was joking.

Not sure it's true love quite yet, but more of that and we'll get there.

RL post-match interview.

Stringer: [Largely incomprehensible rambling, the gist of it being ] - Sven, you've got a lot of young players, after that great performance, how do you keep their feet on the ground for the next match.

SGE: I'll show them videos of the matches we lost.

Stringer: .......................[loooonnng silence]

SGE: I was joking.

Not sure it's true love quite yet, but more of that and we'll get there.

:icon_bigg Gotta love Sven.

Nearly forgot this, but time for a feckin' moan

Remembrance day fixture - helicopter delivering the ball, old boys inside and outside the ground being warmly welcomed, poppies almost everywhere you look, pipe band playing outside and inside ground, last post and minutes silence (or not, thanks to the dicks in L1), and then we parade the veterans at half time just as we always do

It's always an occasion, and we do it rather well, mostly

So WHY THE FECK did some complete TWAT decide to combine this year's half time celebration parade by tagging on a load of snot-nosed kids and their overweight coaches from various kids footy teams from around the region

What the feck has that got to do with a remembrance day fixture ?

Utterly disresepctful in every way I can possibly think of

There are some complete and utter wankers at this football club

Having attended the game (obviously), I don't feel qualified to comment on the performance. I'm far more interested in the views of people who were not there, preferably those who didn't listen to it on the radio either.

Remembrance day fixture - helicopter delivering the ball, old boys inside and outside the ground being warmly welcomed, poppies almost everywhere you look, pipe band playing outside and inside ground, last post and minutes silence (or not, thanks to the dicks in L1), and then we parade the veterans at half time just as we always do

So WHY THE FECK did some complete TWAT decide to combine this year's half time celebration parade by tagging on a load of snot-nosed kids and their overweight coaches from various kids footy teams from around the region

:038::038::038:

All that said, though, there are some good ones. Like the bloke I found outside the Kop at 5.30 who looked like he was about to go home but spent the next 20 minutes or so helping me find my house keys which I presumably dropped while celebrating :icon_redf

Having attended the game (obviously), I don't feel qualified to comment on the performance. I'm far more interested in the views of people who were not there, preferably those who didn't listen to it on the radio either.

Well I wasn't there live, nor did I listen to the radio...watched it on a stream.

So feel free to shoot over any questions you may have. I'd be delighted to answer them for you.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't there live, nor did I listen to the radio...watched it on a stream.

So feel free to shoot over any questions you may have. I'd be delighted to answer them for you.
Only if the stream was of incredibly poor quality and kept going down.

Thats just the way its done in the military. Its the correct way round, but the announcement from the Birch was rushed garbled and muffled. Couldnt really tell what he was saying from where we were so i'm not surprsied it was a **** up tbh.

Not sure i'd go with disrespectful, but certainly agree with the dumbness of the decision. It wasn't just one team either, but loads of them and yes the coaches were clueless. They didn't really know why they or the veterans were there and just got in the way.

I would like to congratulate the club yet again, as it was a great day, but i'd rather see more service personnel than all the kids next time. They have the rest of the season to invite them along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669