Derby home 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be like having Christmas Pudding before the turkey. The whole point is that the Silence follows 'The Last Post' and is itself followed by 'The Rouse'.

Personally I think that whatever you do, there will always be some who will prefer to make a noise, just to draw attention to themselves,

Totally disagree it was the last post followed by the silence that caused the confusion even some of the players broke away after the post. Granted you normally get one idiot but not that level.

Totally disagree it was the last post followed by the silence that caused the confusion even some of the players broke away after the post. Granted you normally get one idiot but not that level.

The confusion at the beginning was excusable. However after everyone had realised and quitened down again there was a "second wind" of noise. That was what was totally unacceptable for me and had nothing to do with the way the club ordered the events. It was just some idiots being idiots.

Last edited:
The confusion at the beginning was excusable. However after everyone had realised and quitened down again there was a "second wind" of noise. That was what was totally unacceptable for me and had nothing to do with the way the club ordered the events. It was just some idiots being idiots.

This had arisen from the first incident. Ironically both sides shouting at the other to be quiet. Although someone in the kop did baaaaaaaaaaaa at this point it was a shambles.Other clubs this weekend who have their share of idiots managed to observe the silence perfectly well.

Other clubs this weekend who have their share of idiots managed to observe the silence perfectly well.

How many had the last post before though?

Thats just the way its done in the military. Its the correct way round, but the announcement from the Birch was rushed garbled and muffled. Couldnt really tell what he was saying from where we were so i'm not surprsied it was a **** up tbh.

Agreed, even though I was listening intently, I didn't understand what he was burbling. People just didn't know what was going on.

Agreed, even though I was listening intently, I didn't understand what he was burbling. People just didn't know what was going on.

I agree - it's just so confusing

Should you just stand there and show some feckin' respect until it's completely obvious that the minute silence is completed

Or should you stand up and shout 'Sheep Shaggerrrrrrs', make BAAAAA sounds continuously, and sing stupid songs just in case the minute might actually be over now - you've got to get all your great abuse in early, 'cos there's only another ninety minutes left whilst the actual game is in progress, isn't there ? And that's not long enought to make your point, is it ?

What to do - oh it's just so confusing

It's once a feckin' year, and we do the same feckin' thing every time.
Don't make excuses for a bunch of complete and utter dickweeds

These home made lash ups, even in a genuine attempt to remember the fallen, are liable to unravel, and I'd prefer to see a lower key, more celebratory tone - as far as I could see the helicopter was definitely razzamatazz - unless delivering the ball was some nod to the match played in no-mans land at Xmas 1914.

Saturday wasn't Remembrance Day, and that won't be the case next year either. IMO we really shouldn't do a silence - that's for the 11th Hour of the 11th day and Remembrance Sunday.

Our recent adoption of a minute's applause Italian-style to remember former players would be an entirely fitting way to remember (and celebrate) LCFC (and Rams/opposition) fans such as Marcin Wojtak and Leigh Reeves who have died on duty in Afghanistan.

The birch explained clearly enough from where I was sitting.

It was the same last year though and I would expect most of L1 were there last year to know that they fecked it up then as well.

I wasn't there so didn't actually witness what happened. But nobody, but nobody, should be surprised that a silence follows The Last Post.
That's just the way it is.

Unless you are a young numpty who has never experienced a a Remembrance Day/Sunday TWO minute silence.

In our village we have a short service including last post at our war memorial before the church service. All the youth groups are in attendance, scouts, guides, cubs, badgers, beavers and every other group with a uniform and a woggle!

as far as I could see the helicopter was definitely razzamatazz

Is this the first time you have witnessed this event at the Walkers?

The helicopter is becoming a regular part of this now. Just a pity it wasn't a bloody big chinook, I'm sure we had one of those once.

Where do you sit? Only I've not understood a syllable out of Birch's mouth since about 2004.

For the Sunderland friendly we were only a few rows back in the West stand and could hardly hear the PA.

In our normal seats in row U it is overwhelming.

This had arisen from the first incident. Ironically both sides shouting at the other to be quiet. Although someone in the kop did baaaaaaaaaaaa at this point it was a shambles.Other clubs this weekend who have their share of idiots managed to observe the silence perfectly well.

Someone also shouted WANKER very audibly

I asked it earlier. Also noticed that Sunderland didn't have one yesterday.

Sunderland didn't as they wore them during the week and auctioned the shirts off. Perhaps they felt that not many folk would bid on shirts from a game where they were likely to be thrashed........oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669