Derek Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind Wingers Newts, its a creative midfielder we require urgently ......its alright talking about new strikers,wingers but were's the supplier for these ????? we were crying out for someone to put his foot on the ball..... and then to use it effectively

Last edited:
i'm reserving judgement until i see the lad play for us. hopefully he is a good player. MA obviously doesn't rate hayes if he'd rather have 3 central midfielders playing than put him in as first choice. newton can't play left wing effectively so we need a left winger in my opinion

Fitz

MA does rate Hayes. If he didn't he would not have signed him on loan for MK Dons and then given him a 3 year deal with us.

I agree that the formation MA started with yesterday gave us a problem as we had 3 similar central ball winning midfielders in mid park. Weso is not a winger. However Hayes hadnt played since the 45 mins he had in the Notts County friendly. He's been injured since then. With Kaebi injured that left us with Newton and Porter as the only 100 per cent fit wingers.

Hayes did well when he came on but would he have had the same impact from the start? Probably not.

In my opinion, MA's mistake yesterday was staying loyal to three players (Weso, Kish, Clemence) who had had a full pre-season and tried to incorporate them all into the side as their reward for their hard work.

Of course if we'd won one-nil we wouldn't be having these conversations and we wouldnt care as much about lack of width.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but with the benefit of it I personally would have played Porter on the left (assuming he is 100% fit) for this game and Clemence with either Kish or Weso in the middle. If Hayes had been 100 per cent fit then he should and would have started imo.

I dont think MA rates Porter and thats fair enough. He didnt even take him to Scotland. However he would have given us better balance yesterday.

Last edited:
Any point in signing him at all one wonders?
Of course, it means we can add another number to the impressive number of signings when writing pre season blurb.

City are still prowling the transfer market before the window closes at the end of the month, but speculation linking them with Celtic striker Derek Riordan was dismissed by City chairman Milan Mandaric as “agents talk.”

i'm sick of signing players... can't we worry about putting the white spherical thing in the stringy rectangular thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669