Derek Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Celtics web site
The 2005 Scottish Young Player of the Year was brought to Celtic last summer and scored some vital goals in the last campaign. Comfortable anywhere in attack, Riordan was a prolific scorer with Hibernian prior to joining the Hoops. Naturally two-footed, the 24-year-old is classed as one of the best finishers at the club.

Funny how you go out of favour.
Like the bit about being two footed though.

I think he would be a great asset to the club.

Hopefully him and Ferreira will be coming in? as Murphy looks a dead deal

Foxes step up Riordan hunt

Skysports.com understands Leicester are ready to step up their interest in Celtic forward Derek Riordan.

Riordan is thought to be considering his future at Parkhead after failing to hold down a regular place in Gordon Strachan's side.

The 24-year-old has admitted he would have to consider his position at Celtic if he could not cement a place in the starting line-up.

Interest
The news is believed to have alerted a number of clubs to Riordan's possible availability.

Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich have all been credited with an interest in the former Hibernian star, but Leicester are thought to be leading the race for the Scottish international's signature.

Foxes boss Martin Allen is believed to be a big admirer of the skilful forward and is keen to add him to his squad at the Walkers Stadium.

Allen is the market for a striker after missing out on a move for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink last week and he has put Riordan top of his wanted list.

Derek Riordan's agent claims the Celtic striker is in line to join Leicester this week.

The 24-year-old former Hibernian forward has not played for the Hoops yet this season and has been linked previously with Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich.

Agent Jim McArthur described Riordan's spell out of the Celtic team as "frustrating" for the player.

McArthur added in The Sun: "Leicester have been in touch and I'd expect them to step it up.

"I've spoken with their owner Milan Mandaric over the weekend and I would like to think something could move this week.

"They went in for [Jimmy-Floyd] Hasselbaink and didn't get him and now they've turned their attentions to Derek."

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...7/08/20/manual_102401.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

It's sounding promising, hopefully be done in time for Watford.

If we can't get Riordan, I'd love to see us go after Nathan Ellington. He's going to leave West Brom and Charlton and Watford are both interested. Might be out of our reach but worth a punt surely? He'd be just what we need.

i think he will be a great signing for us but what about our left side and central midfield/creative midfielder?

i'm excited he could be a great forward for city, lets get rid of MDV

Surely we can't have Derek and Clive playing for us.

It'll soon start to sound like the squad collection at the local bowls club. Not to mention the Pete and Dud scenario

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47