Derek Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look any better that what we already have. We need a target man.

Are you saying MDV,Fryatt,elvis and hume could finsh some of those chances. He is a goal scorer which we have needed for some time now.

I rate him. At Hibs, he was class. Has scored 75 goals in 130 starts oop North. He's aggressive and at 5'11 he's got more presence than Fryatt, Hume or Campbell. Admittedly, Scots haven't done well here in recent seasons but that isn't his fault.

If we're ditching Fryatt, I'd not be opposed to him.

A quartet of Campbell, Hume, Cort and Riordan supported by the likes of Odihambo and Sappleton sound good to me.

(I refuse to include MDV and Hammond in any definition of strikers)

Cort will never be fit and De Vries is crap. We don't need another striker that plays off a big mans shoulders.

If we didn't have DJ then i would have said its a viable signing. It just looks like a waste of money on a risky Scottish import when we could bring someone else in with pedigree.

Cort will never be fit and De Vries is crap. We don't need another striker that plays off a big mans shoulders.

If we didn't have DJ then i would have said its a viable signing. It just looks like a waste of money on a risky Scottish import when we could bring someone else in with pedigree.

Famous Grose :102:

I would agree that we dont need another small stricker but accept DJ and occasionally hume none of them are any good Fryatt looks on his way out and elvis is shite. Also Riordan has a proven goal scoring record and the only players with pedigree we could get are past there best JFH for example.

Cort is back in full training now so if he can stay fit for a week its good times

Don't compare him to Hughes, Maybury, MdV, etc.

This lad is class - I am bemused as to why he has not been a roaring success at Celtic.

BBC said:
Manager Martin Allen has decided not to make an approach for the 24-year-old Scotland cap, BBC Sport believes.

Leicester owner Milan Mandaric had earlier said: "I can confirm there is an interest, although we are miles away from conducting business."

Not again, surely not again!!!!

This has to be deliberate surely, the two of them are playing some sort of ****ing game!!!

Last edited:
But MM dismissed the alleged interest as "Agents Talk" a week or so ago. So it's hardly an about turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46