Derek Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MA turns him down thats just plain dum

Every other source is saying we still want him so Im praying thats the case

Last edited:
Riordan has frequently been named by Gordan Strachan as the "most natural finisher" at the club. The problem lies off field! When you play for a club the size of Celtic you have to follow a certain code of conduct which may not be being followed by the player with him already being arrested on assault charges on a night out with his brother.
Although the charges were later dropped i think MA is thinking about the adverse affect this signing could have on the team.
:)

Riordan has frequently been named by Gordan Strachan as the "most natural finisher" at the club. The problem lies off field! When you play for a club the size of Celtic you have to follow a certain code of conduct which may not be being followed by the player with him already being arrested on assault charges on a night out with his brother.
Although the charges were later dropped i think MA is thinking about the adverse affect this signing could have on the team.
:)

I dont care what he is like off the pitch aslong as he can produce on it.
Martin Allen doesnt seem like a manager who will take any crap from a leary scotsman.
:mad:

I can't believe this. MA and MM between them are making us look like a right unprofessional outfit. Either learn to talk to each other before speculation hits the press (ie Mandaric to keep his mouth shut until MA agrees to the transfer) or MA to just take the players MM is offering, cos this is just a farce.

This sort of situation is inevitable when you're in the market for so many players. I don't really see where the problem is. We make enquiries. We don't like what we find. We walk away.

The alternative of signing a load of cart horses for the sake of it is far far worse.

This guy appears to have talent, but several teams have already turned their noses up. He's got baggage, of that there is no doubt.

Drunken racists are my favourite kind of goal scorers. Especially emaciated looking one's with comically shite hair.

Yeah he looks like one quality human being. Still i bet the average football lad is a bit of a C*CK at the best of times so i wont juge the jock lad too harshly.

Joey Bartons a charming young man as well!!!

Perhaps Leicester have realised that his agent is bleating to all unsundry to push up the price, so have decided to play it cool. Would make sense, but then again common sense doesn't appear to be in large supplies at LCFC at the moment.

I'll judge him. He's not right, that's why we've not signed him.

People on here who keeping moaning that we've not signed two old knackers and the last of the racist mohicans would do well to remember the last free-spending manager we had, now residing at Palace. The old 'money burning a hole in his pocket' scenario got the better of him, and thankfully, we now appear to have a manager who is a little more selective.

This is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
follow the link for some of the goals scored by riordan...if he can play like that he will do for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-g7yogujU

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-g7yogujU

Dont know if this has been on but 2 all those who think he another shitty scotish import

If that is a fair representation of his play, he will be crap as a striker for us. The Defending in that clip was woeful, he will never get that much time in the championship, and a lot of those goals were given to him on a plate, we don't have a midfield that will make it so easy for him.

It would be interesting to see some of his wing play, as i understand he has played at left wing quite a lot, which hopefully is why we are interested.

Just because the press links the club with a player does not mean there is any truth in it, it just means that his agent has spun a tale to the press to try and earn himself a bit of commission. Riordan scored a goal every other game in his last 2 seasons at Hibs, played 1 game in 2005 for Scotland and seems out of favour at Celtic. It strikes me that the lad can't make the step up and comes with some baggage and if MA thinks he is not going to improve the squad I don't have a problem with that.
We have added so many players to the squad that I think the time has come for these players to settle down into a team, look at the squad again in January and then strengthen those positions where we still look weak. Adding more players for the sake of it only confuses things and causes disruption.

Last edited:
Just because the press links the club with a player does not mean there is any truth in it, it just means that his agent has spun a tale to the press to try and earn himself a bit of commission. Riordan scored a goal every other game in his last 2 seasons at Hearts, played 1 game in 2005 for Scotland and seems out of favour at Celtic. It strikes me that the lad can't make the step up and comes with some baggage and if MA thinks he is not going to improve the squad I don't have a problem with that.
We have added so many players to the squad that I think the time has come for these players to settle down into a team, look at the squad again in January and then strengthen those positions where we still look weak. Adding more players for the sake of it only confuses things and causes disruption.

did wel at Hibs too :icon_wink

He looks class , mainly left footed but in those clips scored free kicks/pens with both feet . Plays either left mid or striker i hope we get him , because someone will surely move in for him.

I'll judge him. He's not right, that's why we've not signed him.

People on here who keeping moaning that we've not signed two old knackers and the last of the racist mohicans would do well to remember the last free-spending manager we had, now residing at Palace. The old 'money burning a hole in his pocket' scenario got the better of him, and thankfully, we now appear to have a manager who is a little more selective.

This is not a bad thing.

selective but the players we have brought in,his buys or not are not exactly setting the championship alight.

Nielson,Hellings,Cort,kishinev,ect

selective but the players we have brought in,his buys or not are not exactly setting the championship alight.

Nielson,Hellings,Cort,kishinev,ect

Not sure how many have actually been MA's signings, but Clem, N'Gotty, Clarke, Fulop and Campbell all look good to me. Clem was superb at Palace I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46