Derek Riordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

On the one hand he has a good reputation.

On the other hand, we've been down this route before and it turned out shite.

Undoubtadly a good player

is it just me who thinks - if this is true, JFH isn't happening...?

No its not just you.

I'm suprised with the amount of forwards we've been linked with, but if JFH has signed (according to others) then it will mean atleast two new additions if Riordan was to join.

I can't see the JFH thing coming off for three reasons:

1) Excessive wages
2) A risky punt as he has not performed at all in the last year or so.
3) The moody feckers ego may not fit through the doors at the Walkers - can you see MA willing to put up with a bloke who throws a strop everytime you look at him??

DR seems a far more realistic choice, but Fryatt's off then no doubt about it. Or perhaps it's an elaborate motivational stunt to get Matty moving a bit as it sounds like he's down in the dumps again.

I think Riordan would be excellent in this league. Whether we need him is another question though.

Saw him play for Celtic in a pre-season friendly over here against the Chicago Fire and he scored a great goal - a first time volley from the corner of the area right in the bottom corner. I wasn't watching him particularly closely but he was definitely one of Celtic's better players on the day.

i think he would be good for us :102:

I read it that way too Newts.

Unfortunately you can't say anything without people looking for a cryptic meaning.:icon_lol:

Well I'm off to the game. Come on you Blue Boys.

From the Beeb gossip column...

Celtic have told Leicester City they want £1m for out-of-favour forward Derek Riordan. (Daily Mail)

Don't know too much about Riordan. I know he was highly rated when at Hibs, but not heard too much about him since he moved..

Not for £1mil... loan with a option to buy could make sense, but to be honest if we're looking for a striker I'd rather go with JFH on a free an a one year deal as he's more the sort of player we'd need IMHO.

That said, we still in desperate need of some creativity in the middle of the park, not to mention some width!...

he was very good in the games i saw him play for Hibs, hopefully he could be a good addition. still need some feckin wingers though

i'm reserving judgement until i see the lad play for us. hopefully he is a good player. MA obviously doesn't rate hayes if he'd rather have 3 central midfielders playing than put him in as first choice. newton can't play left wing effectively so we need a left winger in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669