Derren Browns 'system'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you call it I thought it was quite clever. good tv too IMO

After thinking about the programme at work today. I now understand what the whole point in this programme was; DB was saying he emailed 6 groups of people 6 different horses, which meant one of the six would win the race then he would split them up into six until the group went down to one. Which meant there would be one winner a bit like the lottery. 5 losers and 1 winner. Its the form of a pyramid.

At the last race shown he must've put £4k on each of the horses, this then means 5 of the 6 bets lose.

I think the characters on the programme were actors I don't believe he actually emailed all these people and why would they want camera's in their faces :102: After careful thought, I ask myself what the **** was the point in this TV programme :102: The moral of the programme was there is no system and don't take anyone elses tips use your own.

After thinking about the programme at work today. I now understand what the whole point in this programme was

Well done!

The scam he did is something that's been going on for years, by fraudsters trying to persuade people they have a foolproof system. If you make enough tips, you'll get enough right to persuade some people you have a system - as long as they don't know about the tips you get wrong.
Same thing with the coin tossing thing he did, if you toss a coin enough times, eventually you'll get 10 heads in a row. But you don't show people the hours of tossing:icon_eek: it took before it happened.

After thinking about the programme at work today. I now understand what the whole point in this programme was; DB was saying he emailed 6 groups of people 6 different horses, which meant one of the six would win the race then he would split them up into six until the group went down to one. Which meant there would be one winner a bit like the lottery. 5 losers and 1 winner. Its the form of a pyramid.

At the last race shown he must've put £4k on each of the horses, this then means 5 of the 6 bets lose.

Brilliant work jessel :icon_roll Even I'd managed to work that out just from watching the trailer! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Brilliant work jessel :icon_roll Even I'd managed to work that out just from watching the trailer! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You know that wrestling they used to show on a Saturday afternoon on ITV ? Fixed it was.....:102:

Apart from Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo

They did it for real, surely ?

:018: Fixed all of it..I know I don't believe it either,it looked so realistic.Catweazle,Les Kellett,Kendo Nagasaki..all twisters:102:

:018: Fixed all of it..I know I don't believe it either,it looked so realistic.Catweazle,Les Kellett,Kendo Nagasaki..all twisters:102:

No, no, no, no :018:
Not Kendo, I won't have it.
He was a genuine Japanese ninja. Ninjas don't do pretend wrestling.

Fixed!?!? How very dare you?

He'll be telling us there's no Santa next, the bastard

I tell it like it is homer,if people can't accept it then its their problem:102: Thaty Derek Acorah...? he can't talk to the dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669