Dickov And Savage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF can you please PM me the one about Frank Sinclair and The Jamaican National Netball Team at the Travel Lodge ?

Bit late in the day on this one but I can't see why both shouldn't get a good reception.

Sav clearly is thick as two short planks and loves to be the centre of attention, but he had to go when we went down because we couldn't afford not to sell him.He came back and wound up the derby fans at half time the following season. He is always saying stupid stuff because he is stupid but he was great for us.

Dickov also ran his knackers off for us and his goals got us promotion.

It would be a typical short sighted football fans reaction if we booed them when they are announced I hope it doesn't happen but am sure it will.

Of course when Dickov blazes one over the bar we should give him "You couldn't score in La Manga" :)

can i also see the gossip please!!

I'm another one that often reads this board but doesn't post much. Well done BF for grabbing my attention and hopefully making my day a little more entertaining!

err....Beaumont, this way as well please, i'm feeling all left out. :-(

beaumontfox said:
no worries...i can take care of meself!! :-D

any chance i could see what everyone is talkng about. can you send please.

For what it's worth, I think Savage deserves our respect although he is a bit of a to*ser. He put in some great performances in the old days.

Dickov on the other hand should get maximum stick from all the Leicester fans on Sunday. There is no such thing as a loyal footballer anymore and I don't have an issue with players moving to make more money. Let's face it, Izzet ran his contract out and made his move for financial reasons but no-one would question his commitment to the club and legendary status.

Dickov on the other hand caused so much more damage to the club's reputation and chances of survival last year. He has got no respect for Leicester fans and the club that rescued his career from obscurity. Surely there is a chance that he could be put off his game with the maximum related La Manga abuse direct from the people that it hurt the most i.e. us the fans.

Anyone got any La Manga (or this bit of gossip flying around) related songs ready for Sunday. There must be a few lyrics based around the 'Pest ???' theme.

Wouldn't really need to be that creative, or have to make up some wonderful rhyming ditty, would we ?

His name does happen to be Dickov :roll:

Footballers that are honoured to wear the Blue and White of Leicester City and then move on for whatever reason come under several categories.
There's the player that earns respect in the colours, leaves on amicable terms and is aknowledged on his return (Lineker, Claridge, Heskey etc).
There's the player that earns respect , but when he leaves or after he's left leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, for what he's said or done.
The 3rd type earns no respect and gets dogs abuse when he returns (Little rat w##e!!) :evil:
Dickov and Lily come in the second category.
No arguments about the effort they put in when at City, but where would they be if City hadn't of picked them???

wow didnt expect thread to come of so much! lol

booing will probably raise there game so ive decided against it but when Dickov ****s up "YOU COULDNT SCORE IN LA MANGA" sounds like a cracker to me!

Both should be applauded IMO. They are both legends at the club, even if they did leave us...but all great players leave...Lineker, Lennon, Izzet. I've had both there names on the backs of previous City shirts, and I still wear the shirts with pride.

Great to see ya again lads!

But we'll still have your lot. Super Mark de Vries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566