Dickov is set for City exit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlon said:

Is Sinco on his way?

Forest are currently in a better state than Leicester IMO, it hurts me to say it but it's true.

Sort it out Leicester, anyone who doesn't want to play for us Dickov included then fcvk off. But be warned Dickov, if I ever see you face to face, man to man i'll fookin leather you. TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT After all we've done for you, you've never once shown an ounce of being disloyal and now look at you? WTF? Go and sit on the bench at Brum and look like a right cock knocker prancing around with other City benders, yeah that be a laugh.

Adams and Bassett get your fingers at your batty and get a game plan, fcvk this contract business don't be held to ransom by wankers with these shit arse poxy twenty pence release clauses.

Don't mess with me today cock

Malf said:
But be warned Dickov, if I ever see you face to face, man to man i'll fookin leather you.

Get in the queue. :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: And before anyone says anything about that is what modern players do, was Izzett disloyal? Who was after Dickov when he was pouncing about with Man City in the lower leagues. We gave him the chance and he has shat on us. All this "experienced player" shite from Adams and Bassett is coming home to roost and it us the fans that suffer.

Steven said:
Malf said:
But be warned Dickov, if I ever see you face to face, man to man i'll fookin leather you.

Get in the queue. :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: And before anyone says anything about that is what modern players do, was Izzett disloyal? Who was after Dickov when he was pouncing about with Man City in the lower leagues. We gave him the chance and he has shat on us. All this "experienced player" shite from Adams and Bassett is coming home to roost and it us the fans that suffer.

In any normal business whoever agreed contracts (which appeared at first sight to be about protecting the club -but in fact were highly damaging to the club & also given reasonable foresight based on the odds on probability of relegation before a ball was kicked) would be sacked.

The trouble at LCFC is lack of leadership with clear thinking at any level.

Dickov was given an exit ticket at the club's expense. As you say Steven it is the fans that suffer.

I am sick of hearing MA whining about things he & his crony Bassett have brought on themselves.

Redditch Fox said:
In any normal business whoever agreed contracts (which appeared at first sight to be about protecting the club -but in fact were highly damaging to the club & also given reasonable foresight based on the odds on probability of relegation before a ball was kicked) would be sacked.

The trouble at LCFC is lack of leadership with clear thinking at any level.

Dickov was given an exit ticket at the club's expense. As you say Steven it is the fans that suffer.

I am sick of hearing MA whining about things he & his crony Bassett have brought on themselves.

hear hear

the release clause was obviously negotiated in at the start of last season when the players agreed to pay cuts, the fault lies with Bassett and Adams

i feel us fans cannot moan about loyalty either. football is a business, players play for their contracts, contracts are negotiated by management

dickov owes us nothing

it's churlish to point to the way we stood by him in la manga; we stood by him cos he was good and balls to sinclair and gillespie they can get released

hopefully, if and when dickov leaves, he'll do what Muzzy has done and negotiate a three year £30k a week salary. with a bit of luck the 30 grand will cause unrest in the other players and send the wage bill spiralling

regards

ol

Loyalty shmoyalty

We weren't too loyal with mad Frank were we. He's a bit crap and a bit of a liability so he can go - but we'll keep Dickov 'cos he's good. That's loyalty for you.

What about Alan Rogers or Andy Impey - or the rest that we let go last week - crucial parts of our last promotion campaign, but we think they're a bit crap so off, bye bye you can go and rot at Forest.
I'm sure they would have loved to stay at Leicester, but no they're not good enough so off they go.

Brian Deane, Dean Sturridge, Tony Cottee, Steve Walsh, Gerry Taggart. Thanks for being superb and helping the club in the past, but you're not good enough now so off you go.

Loyalty doesn't exist in football. If Muzzy had received an offer from a better club than Middlesbro' he would have been off as well

We all think Dickov is good, and love him, so suddenly he should be loyal ?
Bollox. Why should he?
We get rid of people because they are not good enough, but moan when someone leaves for a club in a higher league

It's disappointing, but I've no animosity towards anyone who goes.
We've given them a get out clause that lets them play in a higher league, and for more money than we can pay, and you want to punch someone for going ?

Football ain't what it used to be

homer said:
Loyalty shmoyalty

We weren't too loyal with mad Frank were we. He's a bit crap and a bit of a liability so he can go - but we'll keep Dickov 'cos he's good. That's loyalty for you.

What about Alan Rogers or Andy Impey - or the rest that we let go last week - crucial parts of our last promotion campaign, but we think they're a bit crap so off, bye bye you can go and rot at Forest.
I'm sure they would have loved to stay at Leicester, but no they're not good enough so off they go.

Brian Deane, Dean Sturridge, Tony Cottee, Steve Walsh, Gerry Taggart. Thanks for being superb and helping the club in the past, but you're not good enough now so off you go.

Loyalty doesn't exist in football. If Muzzy had received an offer from a better club than Middlesbro' he would have been off as well

We all think Dickov is good, and love him, so suddenly he should be loyal ?
Bollox. Why should he?
We get rid of people because they are not good enough, but moan when someone leaves for a club in a higher league

We've given them a get out clause that lets them play in a higher league, and for more money than we can pay, and you want to punch someone for going ?

You are right, Football isn't what it used to be BUT, I disagree with your comment about loyalty not existing. In rare cases it does.

I think the "punch" comment was a knee jerk reaction homer. I, along with others, did not expect Dickov to be leaving and am quite shocked.
This comment was made due to a stunned mind not thinking straight.

It's going to be a bumpy ride for us Leicester fans over the next few years. Let's try to enjoy it as best we can.

homer said:
Loyalty shmoyalty

But the point is Homer that it was stupidity to also include a further clause allowing them to go at a fraction of even today's market values - what other club would do that ? What gets me is that MA is whining on about half decent players leaving when he or whoever has effectively not just handed them the car keys but actually turned on the ignition.

Agreed - don't get me started about the incompetent management at LCFC or we would be here all day

We have merrily thrown money away on these deals for no reason whatsoever. Scimeca claims that he didn't even know about the release clause at all when he signed!!

What would a club have paid for Dickov ?

£300k ? £400 ? half a mill ?
If we had set it at £600k, would it have put them off altogether ?

The blame for this does not lie with Dickov, who is only doing what is right for himself - as any one of us would

It lies with the bumbling idiocy of officials at the club, who continually baffle me.

No wonder we nearly went bust

Marlon said:
And the exodus continues. :lol:

He laughs, meanwhile Andy Reid is in ongoing talks with Spurs, Dawson I hear will be off to either Manure/Man City or Brum, and his club are buying Rogers from us!!!!!!!

What a twat you are Marlon.

homer said:
Agreed - don't get me started about the incompetent management at LCFC or we would be here all day

We have merrily thrown money away on these deals for no reason whatsoever. Scimeca claims that he didn't even know about the release clause at all when he signed!!

What would a club have paid for Dickov ?

£300k ? £400 ? half a mill ?
If we had set it at £600k, would it have put them off altogether ?

The blame for this does not lie with Dickov, who is only doing what is right for himself - as any one of us would (quote Homer)

I wonder if the Foxes Trust is going to ask & explain how the club can be so stupid to have put in the token transfer fee clause. Those members of the management & board who were involved or aware of this nonsense have no credibility & should step down

It lies with the bumbling idiocy of officials at the club, who continually baffle me.

No wonder we nearly went bust

Are these the same bumbling people who 18 months ago rescued our club with a great bit of business, negiotiating debt down to a ridiculously small amount?!

The old regime were useless, advocating £30k for 5 years etc, now this board gives pay cuts to players to ensure we don't go bust again and you moan.

And the other thing that is annoying me on here, is that everyone is believing everything that is written or said by nigh on everyone. Facts.

i) the clauses were known last summer, MA speaking to the media makes no difference, agents for players will tout the facts around clubs, that's their job.
ii) Scimeca knew about the clause. Trust me.
iii) Dickov has 1/2 yrs at the top level left, who wants to punch him for playing at the highest level at the end of his career?
iv) the paycuts that prompted the clauses were necessary to avoid long term credit problems again.

The only point that I can see some creedence in, is the one that Steven raises that should we have signed players who wanted a clause? Who knows that one, if we hadn't have signed Dickov or Scimeca we might have been relegated by Xmas.

Now its time to move on, stop this board backbiting that seems to dog Leicester City permanently, support MA and the players we have come August.

Well said Dunc. I think we are forgetting far to quickly about the state we were in not too long ago. We should not take our football club for granted, if we do then we are in danger of getting very upset.

Dunc said:
Are these the same bumbling people who 18 months ago rescued our club with a great bit of business, negiotiating debt down to a ridiculously small amount?!

The old regime were useless, advocating £30k for 5 years etc, now this board gives pay cuts to players to ensure we don't go bust again and you moan.

And the other thing that is annoying me on here, is that everyone is believing everything that is written or said by nigh on everyone. Facts.

i) the clauses were known last summer, MA speaking to the media makes no difference, agents for players will tout the facts around clubs, that's their job.
ii) Scimeca knew about the clause. Trust me.
iii) Dickov has 1/2 yrs at the top level left, who wants to punch him for playing at the highest level at the end of his career?
iv) the paycuts that prompted the clauses were necessary to avoid long term credit problems again.

The only point that I can see some creedence in, is the one that Steven raises that should we have signed players who wanted a clause? Who knows that one, if we hadn't have signed Dickov or Scimeca we might have been relegated by Xmas.

Now its time to move on, stop this board backbiting that seems to dog Leicester City permanently, support MA and the players we have come August.

Spot on Dunc... completely agree with ya mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363