Dickov is set for City exit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone picking up on the fact that I want to punch Dickov? It's been quoted by about 4 people, this is excellent. I've obviously hit the nail on the head with this one.

COME ON THEN DICKOV

LS6_Fox said:
Malf, are you gonna get Dickov with a sneaky one inch punch?

To match the size of his penis? I'll do whatever it takes to hurt him, just don't go Dickov what's the point in pissing off over 100,000 City fans? Go and sit on the bench for some arsed over foot team and take home £10,000 a week. Sit at home in 6 or 7 years and think why the fcvk did I choose not to play football in the peak of my career just for an extra couple of hundred thousand which i've since had to pay off my wife in a court settlement coz i'm a mardy bastard these days and I sparked her one. Vicious circle Dickov, do what you want but don't try and get me to buy you a pint in the wetherspoon's when i've just lost my 35th job either! Live and learn mate, stay at City and be as sweet as a bell. You know the score chuff nut, count yourself lucky you could be walking around like John Wayne in Murcia's lovely prison after a night on the midnight express.

All aboard the night train

HeeHee

I like that Malf, Like it lots, infact, I'd like to subscribe to your monthly magazine. Direct Debit option?

Joe_Fox said:
HeeHee

I like that Malf, Like it lots, infact, I'd like to subscribe to your monthly magazine. Direct Debit option?

Is it ok if you just send me a signed blank cheque?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
HeeHee

Is it ok if you just send me a signed blank cheque?

Yeah sure, Novelty cheque the size of the old Carling Stand.

Dunc said:
Are these the same bumbling people who 18 months ago rescued our club with a great bit of business, negiotiating debt down to a ridiculously small amount?!

The old regime were useless, advocating £30k for 5 years etc, now this board gives pay cuts to players to ensure we don't go bust again and you moan.

And the other thing that is annoying me on here, is that everyone is believing everything that is written or said by nigh on everyone. Facts.

i) the clauses were known last summer, MA speaking to the media makes no difference, agents for players will tout the facts around clubs, that's their job.
ii) Scimeca knew about the clause. Trust me.
iii) Dickov has 1/2 yrs at the top level left, who wants to punch him for playing at the highest level at the end of his career?
iv) the paycuts that prompted the clauses were necessary to avoid long term credit problems again.

The only point that I can see some creedence in, is the one that Steven raises that should we have signed players who wanted a clause? Who knows that one, if we hadn't have signed Dickov or Scimeca we might have been relegated by Xmas.

Now its time to move on, stop this board backbiting that seems to dog Leicester City permanently, support MA and the players we have come August.

Hold on -I understand why paycuts were necessary if we were relegated & I understand why there should be release clauses but just explain why a clause allowing a 20 goal a year man in division 1 should be freed for a measly £75,000 fee? Was that extremity necessary to get him to re-sign for the season - I doubt it had to be that disadvantageous for the club. This is not backbiting - it is criticising bad business. It was not public either - if it had been stated that Dickov could go at the end of the season for that sum then supporters would have been appalled at a much earlier stage.

Redditch Fox said:
Dunc said:
Are these the same bumbling people who 18 months ago rescued our club with a great bit of business, negiotiating debt down to a ridiculously small amount?!

The old regime were useless, advocating £30k for 5 years etc, now this board gives pay cuts to players to ensure we don't go bust again and you moan.

And the other thing that is annoying me on here, is that everyone is believing everything that is written or said by nigh on everyone. Facts.

i) the clauses were known last summer, MA speaking to the media makes no difference, agents for players will tout the facts around clubs, that's their job.
ii) Scimeca knew about the clause. Trust me.
iii) Dickov has 1/2 yrs at the top level left, who wants to punch him for playing at the highest level at the end of his career?
iv) the paycuts that prompted the clauses were necessary to avoid long term credit problems again.

The only point that I can see some creedence in, is the one that Steven raises that should we have signed players who wanted a clause? Who knows that one, if we hadn't have signed Dickov or Scimeca we might have been relegated by Xmas.

Now its time to move on, stop this board backbiting that seems to dog Leicester City permanently, support MA and the players we have come August.

Hold on -I understand why paycuts were necessary if we were relegated & I understand why there should be release clauses but just explain why a clause allowing a 20 goal a year man in division 1 should be freed for a measly £75,000 fee? Was that extremity necessary to get him to re-sign for the season - I doubt it had to be that disadvantageous for the club. This is not backbiting - it is criticising bad business. It was not public either - if it had been stated that Dickov could go at the end of the season for that sum then supporters would have been appalled at a much earlier stage.

Couldn't agree more, I understand perhaps the need for release clauses but to have them that low is a fcvkin joke. It's just a novelty contract, I bet I could eat it and not get sick.

Malf said:
Couldn't agree more, I understand perhaps the need for release clauses but to have them that low is a fcvkin joke. It's just a novelty contract, I bet I could eat it and not get sick.

Damn right, it appears that Dickov's contract came out of a christmas cracker. Novelty.

Malf said:
Why is everyone picking up on the fact that I want to punch Dickov? It's been quoted by about 4 people, this is excellent. I've obviously hit the nail on the head with this one.

COME ON THEN DICKOV

As I replied to you earlier, get in the queue. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: If these players have no loyalty then we should not tolerate players that do not give one hundred per cent at ALL times. No fan should keep the faith if the players don't. :!: :roll: :roll:

Dickov has never given less than 100% in any game

The fact that he might want to leave for more money in a better league does not reflect on his commitment when he played.

Malf v Dickov.
It's the fight we all want to see

COME ON. GET IT ON

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBLE.........

Steven said:
Malf said:

COME ON THEN DICKOV

As I replied to you earlier, get in the queue. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: If these players have no loyalty then we should not tolerate players that do not give one hundred per cent at ALL times. No fan should keep the faith if the players don't. :!: :roll: :roll:

but you don't know if they're loyal until they leave, so you're always behind them

or do you slate them for thinking about moving, like Muzzy did?
or do you slate them for being disloyal to their last team, like Scimeca (at f*r*st not us...)?

there's no such thing as loyalty anymore. football is a business, what matters is profit and loss and balance sheet. sounds soulless, but gate receipts and good management are what we are pinning our hopes on

regards

ol

homer said:
Dickov has never given less than 100% in any game

The fact that he might want to leave for more money in a better league does not reflect on his commitment when he played.

Malf v Dickov.
It's the fight we all want to see

COME ON. GET IT ON

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBLE.........

It's definately the people's choice, they want it, I want it. He needs to realise what he's got, if you read my earlier post he could easily end up in the shit if he leaves.

Malf said:
LS6_Fox said:
Malf, are you gonna get Dickov with a sneaky one inch punch?

To match the size of his penis? I'll do whatever it takes to hurt him, just don't go Dickov what's the point in pissing off over 100,000 City fans? Go and sit on the bench for some arsed over foot team and take home £10,000 a week. Sit at home in 6 or 7 years and think why the fcvk did I choose not to play football in the peak of my career just for an extra couple of hundred thousand which i've since had to pay off my wife in a court settlement coz i'm a mardy bastard these days and I sparked her one. Vicious circle Dickov, do what you want but don't try and get me to buy you a pint in the wetherspoon's when i've just lost my 35th job either! Live and learn mate, stay at City and be as sweet as a bell. You know the score chuff nut, count yourself lucky you could be walking around like John Wayne in Murcia's lovely prison after a night on the midnight express.

All aboard the night train

You mean this could happen?

lets be realistic about this as well.

i) if the player has been relegated, then you could say he's not Prem standard.
ii) The agent who organises the clause wants his player to move to earn himself and his client money.
iii) Most Prem clubs won't want to pay much money for an average Prem/good Div 1 player as a load of players are on bosmans at this time of year.
iv) The Agent knows this so insists on a low fee to ensure a Prem club will come in and activate the clause.

I agree that they are low prices, but that is good agent work to ensure his client will get the opportunity to move. I would imagine (and Hope) that DB/MA/Tim Davies (whoever) held out for a bigger fee but the agent refused, knowing that even an average player (Scimeca) could then get a club.

The point I think doesn't revolve around the fee, if we wanted the player we had no choice. The issue I suppose is should we have bought players on these contracts.

I imagine MA/DB took a gamble and hoped we wouldn't go down believing that 2/3 players who could leave (scimeca/Dickov/Dabizas) could also be a key to staying up.

If Dickov wants to go then fine, sod off.

[quote="Dunclets be realistic about this as well.

[/quote]

er, no you can't

you can say his team are not Premiership standard

unfortunately

ol the se4 fox

Yep, Muzzy is clearly Premiership standard.

Dunc said:

lets be realistic about this as well.

ii) The agent who organises the clause wants his player to move to earn
himself and his client money.
iii) Most Prem clubs won't want to pay much money for an average Prem/good Div 1 player as a load of players are on bosmans at this time of year.
iv) The Agent knows this so insists on a low fee to ensure a Prem club will come in and activate the clause.

I agree that they are low prices, but that is good agent work to ensure his client will get the opportunity to move. I would imagine (and Hope) that DB/MA/Tim Davies (whoever) held out for a bigger fee but the agent refused, knowing that even an average player (Scimeca) could then get a club.

The point I think doesn't revolve around the fee, if we wanted the player we had no choice. The issue I suppose is should we have bought players on these contracts.

I imagine MA/DB took a gamble and hoped we wouldn't go down believing that 2/3 players who could leave (scimeca/Dickov/Dabizas) could also be a key to staying up.

A lot of sense there but I think that it was always probable that we would be relegated - we & Wolves clearly had the weakest squads - & MA was alwaysmaking it pretty clear that we would have to perform a miracle to survive. In that situation. it was unwise to gamble & risk having a player who has scored 32 goals in two seasons including 12 in the prem to be able to leave for next to nothing. A clutch of prem clubs presumably can't believe their good luck that they can pick up a viable cover striker for £75k. I realise that MA has had a tough & stressful time but there have been a lot of mistakes made regarding recruitment & selection & now this. My gut feeling is that it just isn't good enough & some things will have to be changed before it gets any better. But I've gone on & on about this & will leave it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363