Diomansy Kamara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Can we not make the play offs now then?

If we assume that teams in the playoff positions are going to hit a bad run then there are four teams better placed than us to take advantage of it.
That assumption is a big "If". Dave Jones as usual spoke sense when someone described Leicester as "the form team." He said all the teams challenging Cardiff were form teams.

Yes it is possible that Leicester could get to the playoffs. It is then 3-1 against us getting promotion. I hope we get promotion but it is a poor bet.

IMO Top would be far w*s*r to tell Sven we will put that money toward helping you get the team you want in the summer. The best time to buy players is during the close season. It could be argued that the best time to loan players is toward the end of August.

Sven has done brilliantly in difficult circumstances; now I hope and expect Top will give him the money to create his team and aim for automatic promotion.

If we assume that teams in the playoff positions are going to hit a bad run then there are four teams better placed than us to take advantage of it.
That assumption is a big "If". Dave Jones as usual spoke sense when someone described Leicester as "the form team." He said all the teams challenging Cardiff were form teams.

Yes it is possible that Leicester could get to the playoffs. It is then 3-1 against us getting promotion. I hope we get promotion but it is a poor bet.

IMO Top would be far w*s*r to tell Sven we will put that money toward helping you get the team you want in the summer. The best time to buy players is during the close season. It could be argued that the best time to loan players is toward the end of August.

Sven has done brilliantly in difficult circumstances; now I hope and expect Top will give him the money to create his team and aim for automatic promotion.

I do agree to a point,but as a fan and especially people like Blue Maniac who travel hundreds of miles to watch the team would be a bit pissed off if we just gave up.
We have to keep trying to get to the play offs until it is impossible to make it,and if that includes bringing in new players then so be it.

It may also be a good way to have a look at a player SGE wants to sign for next season.

Don't get me wrong I don't think we will, but while it is still possible there is always a chance.

Nobody expected us to have this poor run so who's to say we wont have a winning run.

We've had a poor run because we don't have the ability to win against the stronger sides.

We may have a winning run but it won't involve winning all the games against the competitive outfits which is what would be required to have the faintest chance.

Unfortunately, whilst Sven has achieved a considerable amount to get us up the table, he doesn't have a team which is powerful enough to overcome the better and more physical sides. Also, he's got too many short term players to make it easy to build from his current set up. So if he stays its either build a side with his own players - or another excursion next season with expensive loanees.

DK was at the game on Saturday, Mercury reporting that it should be tied up in the next couple of days, although Cardiff are also interested.

Im not writing this season off but BOY am I looking forward to next season. :)

Well out of all the loan players we have I would only be interested in keeping Naughton - and thats highly unlikely. I would think next seasons team would be a lot different to what it is now

do you think he'll play with the Yak? Or would he replace him?
I can't see Sven dropping a £40k a week striker to the bench....as it will just really piss the owners off.... can Yak be sent back to Everton?

I can't see Sven dropping a £40k a week striker to the bench....as it will just really piss the owners off.... can Yak be sent back to Everton?

I think he'd replace Vassell or Gally. Sven left Gallagher on at the weekend and took Vassell off when Dyer came on, so hopefully it's Vassell that drops to the bench.

Dyer not likely to get as much of a look in if Kamara signs I guess.

Well out of all the loan players we have I would only be interested in keeping Naughton - and thats highly unlikely. I would think next seasons team would be a lot different to what it is now

I agree - although I would be happy for Cunningham to come back too when he recovers from injury.

I hope Sven targets more permanent players in the summer. Personally I'd like to see us go after some of the top players from this division, rather than just fringe Premiership players on loan. Probably all unrealistic, but players like Whittingham, Nugent, Kebe etc.

What are you people smoking?! Why on earth would we want to do that? He's had a bit of a dry spell lately, but he's a brilliant player who has been making chances for himself in every single match. With a bit more luck, he'd have a hatful of goals from the last three or four matches. Easily the best striker we've had in the last five years.

Also, if we can get Kamara in, why would we then send Yakubu back and leave ourselves short again? We're hardly blessed with a plethora of goal scorers - Howard, Waghorn and Vassell? Yakubu has equalled Howard and Waghorn's goalscoring tally for the season in less than half the time and he's scored 1 more than Vassell.

IMO there's far too much pressure on him to perform at the minute. Now that King's goals have dried up as well, everyone expects Yakubu to get all our goals - because, let's be honest, they're not going to come from any of our other strikers.

I think if Kamara comes in and chips in with a few goals, it'll take a bit of weight off Yakubu's shoulders and he'll start banging them in again - you can tell he's so desperate to score at the minute that he's starting to snatch at his shots and chances. Oh, and the booing must really help.

What are you people smoking?! Why on earth would we want to do that? He's had a bit of a dry spell lately, but he's a brilliant player who has been making chances for himself in every single match. With a bit more luck, he'd have a hatful of goals from the last three or four matches. Easily the best striker we've had in the last five years.

Also, if we can get Kamara in, why would we then send Yakubu back and leave ourselves short again? We're hardly blessed with a plethora of goal scorers - Howard, Waghorn and Vassell? Yakubu has equalled Howard and Waghorn's goalscoring tally for the season in less than half the time and he's scored 1 more than Vassell.

IMO there's far too much pressure on him to perform at the minute. Now that King's goals have dried up as well, everyone expects Yakubu to get all our goals - because, let's be honest, they're not going to come from any of our other strikers.

I think if Kamara comes in and chips in with a few goals, it'll take a bit of weight off Yakubu's shoulders and he'll start banging them in again - you can tell he's so desperate to score at the minute that he's starting to snatch at his shots and chances. Oh, and the booing must really help.

Lovely work.

You're right. I think that 75/80 minutes of walking round the edge of the box, not putting the keeper or any defenders under pressure is exactly what we need. Worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring back Hume! He ran around a lot.

Ever cross anyones mind that the yak is doing exactly what Sven is telling him to? Keep the back four stretched, stay forward, don't get stuck wide or in midfield.

Don't buy the "lazy" tag. Never have.

Running around a lot doesn't make you a good footballer. Yak has scored one of our goals of the season and that chip against QPR was the kind of thing only a very very good footballer would even consider.

Granted I haven't seem him play for 2 games....but every time I've seen him his quality is obvious.

You're right. I think that 75/80 minutes of walking round the edge of the box, not putting the keeper or any defenders under pressure is exactly what we need. Worth every penny.

It amazes me how people who claim to go down the city week in, week out, can know so little about the game.

But yeah, you're probably right, we need a headless chicken that runs around lots all through the game and doesn't score any goals. Oh hang on, we've got one at the minute in Martyn Waghorn. Funny how the fans sing his name when he plays ****ing rubbish week in, week out and then boo Yakubu because he doesn't score every single gilt edged chance that he creates for himself. Waghorn hasn't scored for 5 games either, but do you hear him getting booed?

Yakubu isn't lazy, he's intelligent. When he's on the ball, he scares the shit out of defenders and keepers - he's strong, he's quick, he's a monster. He's also got bags of skill - or do you not remember some of the goals he's scored for us so far this season? The goal he scored against Derby was an unbelievable display of skill, power and strength. When he's off the ball he tries to get into positions where he can get back on the ball and score. He's not going to waste time and energy running around like a headless bloody chicken.

But what do I know, let's get Iain Hume back in, then we can have the dream strikeforce of Waghorn and Hume up front - sure, we won't score any goals, but the fans will be really happy because they both run around a lot :bang:

Last edited:
Bring back Hume! He ran around a lot.

Ever cross anyones mind that the yak is doing exactly what Sven is telling him to? Keep the back four stretched, stay forward, don't get stuck wide or in midfield.

Don't buy the "lazy" tag. Never have.

Running around a lot doesn't make you a good footballer. Yak has scored one of our goals of the season and that chip against QPR was the kind of thing only a very very good footballer would even consider.

Granted I haven't seem him play for 2 games....but every time I've seen him his quality is obvious.

He was awful on Saturday and appeared not to want to have a shot when he had an easy sight of goal.

Would be harsh to drop Yak on the basis of him not caring and giving his all though - if we used that to decide team selection then there would probably be about 9 changes due for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669