Diomansy Kamara

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not asking for him to score a goal a game (although it would be nice)...but at least give it a ****ing good go when you're on that sort of ridiculous money and supposedly a great premier league striker....i want him to get more stuck in and work his arse off.
What you're missing is the fact that when he doesn't press and get in defender's faces...King or Wellens or Gallagher seem to be coming up and doing it, leaving us exposed in the middle....
You've got Vassell playing on the ****ing wing, and he's not a winger so just isn't effective ever in that position. What are we going to do with Kamara? Stick him out on the wing too? Ridiculous.

We got Yak on loan because he was surplus to requirements at Everton. He wasn't fully match fit and had lost confidence.

Nothing has changed. He has obvious ability - Premier League ability but he still doesn't look fully fit and he's overweight ( someone on here suggested that he looks over weight because of the way he runs!! - not so he still looks overwight standing still).

I guess he's costing in wages not far off the fee we got for Fryatt(having deducted the sell on fee to Walsall)....but when he goes back to Everton or wherever we shall have nothing to show.

As for Kamara - I see this as a further waste of the owner's money and potentially wracking up further debt. The problem will come when the owners get fed up of wasting money and it isn't there to invest in longer term acquisitions.

Well out of all the loan players we have I would only be interested in keeping Naughton - and thats highly unlikely. I would think next seasons team would be a lot different to what it is now

I suppose Sven didn't have a lot of choice other that loan players this season, but you highlight the downside: the only player that we may wish to sign, we probably will not be able so to do. I hope that we have fewer loanees next term.

i'm not asking for him to score a goal a game (although it would be nice)...but at least give it a ****ing good go when you're on that sort of ridiculous money and supposedly a great premier league striker....i want him to get more stuck in and work his arse off.
What you're missing is the fact that when he doesn't press and get in defender's faces...King or Wellens or Gallagher seem to be coming up and doing it, leaving us exposed in the middle....
You've got Vassell playing on the ****ing wing, and he's not a winger so just isn't effective ever in that position. What are we going to do with Kamara? Stick him out on the wing too? Ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure Kamara has always been more of a winger/wing-forward, perfect for the formation we're playing :102:

I only saw the second half of the game at the weekend, but from what I saw Yakubu was very much involved. He's just doing what a striker should do, which is do all his work in and around the box. His shooting was terrible... but I don't understand the lazy tag at all. He's playing where a targetman should be playing. He just needs a goal.

"working his arse off" chasing lost causes wastes energy - something he doesn't have enough of.

Vassell has played just as more on the wing in the latter stages of his career his career, than he has through the centre. Same for Kamara.

I'm pretty sure Kamara has always been more of a winger/wing-forward, perfect for the formation we're playing :102:

I only saw the second half of the game at the weekend, but from what I saw Yakubu was very much involved. He's just doing what a striker should do, which is do all his work in and around the box. His shooting was terrible... but I don't understand the lazy tag at all. He's playing where a targetman should be playing. He just needs a goal.

Don't be so stupid!! he should be running back to get the ball off the defence then taking around every player on the opposition then taking back out to the edge of the area just so he can score a wonder goal. He is loads of money you know.

He was isolated numerous times on Saturday (remember he turned a defender, ran twenty yards with the ball but there was literally no player to pass it towards). He's snatched at chances cos it's not coming off for him and his service as been dreadful ever since every team sussed out how to pressure us into long balls.

He's always had that look of being lazy about him and now he's lost half a yard of pace. Moyes is an excellent judge of a player and knew he was on the down (even more after an operation on his Achilles).

Kamara who knows? He's looked good and shite in equal measure during his career. It's a very expensive gamble but then I reckon the entire of next season is going to be exactly that.

Last edited:
He was isolated numerous times on Saturday (remember he turned a defender, ran twenty yards with the ball but there was literally no player to pass it towards). He's snatched at chances cos it's not coming off for him and his service as been dreadful ever since every team sussed out how to pressure us into long balls.

He's always had that look of being lazy about him and now he's lost half a yard of pace. Moyes is an excellent judge of a player and knew he was on the down (even more after an operation on his Achilles).

Kamara who knows? He's looked good and shite in equal measure during his career. It's a very expensive gamble but then I reckon the entire of next season is going to be exactly that.

Good summary.

But on your last point, I think that will only be the case if the owners keep believing that the "expensive gamble" provides a reasonable chance of getting into the Premier League and thereby hitting the jackpot. I'm not convinced that the policy of bringing in loanees consisting of a mixture of current Premier League flops plus promising young reserve players who are here to develop through match experience is actually going to work. It seems to me that you can roll over the weaker sides with this approach but those sides with a bit more about them will see us off. These Thai guys may not know too much about football but they will soon suss out if they are being led down the wrong road.

:icon_lol:

. I'm not convinced that the policy of bringing in loanees consisting of a mixture of current Premier League flops plus promising young reserve players who are here to develop through match experience is actually going to work. It seems to me that you can roll over the weaker sides with this approach but those sides with a bit more about them will see us off. These Thai guys may not know too much about football but they will soon suss out if they are being led down the wrong road.

Sven has took a few months to suss out the nature of the division and each of signings he's looked for some physicality. I don't think him or Thai's really care if this is a loanee or a full signing but we are dire in need of some permanent signings to build a squad from. A boom or bust policy will be employed by both parties I believe, one full season to have a right go of it. If it goes wrong, cut your losses run. If it's successful, they get the advantages.

As for the Thai's, I do have one fear which has developed recently. In line with these foreign takeovers, agents are going bypassing the managers in most cases and presenting players to the chairmen etc. promising if you take so and so on, we'll ensure you get substanially better player x in six months time. Now Blackburn have dabbling with Jerome Anderson and he was previously involved with Manchester City at the same time, our man Sven was there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav...ec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

Pini's Zahavi's name has been creeping up since rumours of a takeover back last year, it appears that Mandaric brought in as a seeker for a foreigner interest. This was confirmed by him alongside Mandaric meeting the Pole who was also interested in us.

From the summer onwards, we took on a number of trialists on his books.

We signed Vitor on loan from Benfica on Sousa's first day, have a guess who his agent is?

Whose heavily involved with Chelsea? Don't forget Sven's meeting with the fella and Abramovich. Ashley Cole turns up to watch Van Aanholt...whose was heavily involved in Cole going from Arsenal to Chelsea?

As mentioned elsewhere, who made £3.6 million off Yakubu's transfer from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough? How come we of all the Championship clubs playing the deferred wages game get Yakubu?

Whose Sven best mates with?

Probably reading too much into it but it appears at the centre of the club, we probably have some vermin involved.

100% correct.

But everyone seems to have latched on to a certain adjective and it seems this must always appear in any sentence containing 'Yakubu' or 'Yak'.

I'm with Graz and Han here.

Yakubu is getting himself into excellent positions. He's having 2 or 3 clear cut chances a game, that doesn't just happen by accident. He just looks like he lacks confidence when he gets in front of goal and is snatching at opportunities atm. I think it's a mental thing. He just needs a goal or two to get his confidence back.

We got Yak on loan because he was surplus to requirements at Everton. He wasn't fully match fit and had lost confidence.

Nothing has changed. He has obvious ability - Premier League ability but he still doesn't look fully fit and he's overweight ( someone on here suggested that he looks over weight because of the way he runs!! - not so he still looks overwight standing still).

I guess he's costing in wages not far off the fee we got for Fryatt(having deducted the sell on fee to Walsall)....but when he goes back to Everton or wherever we shall have nothing to show.

As for Kamara - I see this as a further waste of the owner's money and potentially wracking up further debt. The problem will come when the owners get fed up of wasting money and it isn't there to invest in longer term acquisitions.

You mean just like MM did as you predicted? Left us right in the shit didn't he? Whilst we are in this division we will be a saleable club. If these guys get bored/can't afford us then someone will come in and take us off their hands.

Last edited:
http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/L...er-League/article-3296823-detail/article.html

Losses of £14.2 m, £6.2m and £7.5m suggesst there is a ticking timebomb in our accounts. A debt standing from Mandaric's time of nearly £30m, regardless of owner when they get bored it will not be sustainable. It's exactly like he left Portsmouth, Nice and Royal Charleroi.

Let's just hope promotion comes quick.

Or that the debts were decreasing year on year. Why wouldn't 30m be sustainable if they have money, I would bet there are a fair number of teams in this division with similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669