Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

It says in today's mercury that MM is looking to appoint a director of football this summer. Apparently someone who is at a premiership club.

Any ideas who this may be?

Last edited:
It's Rob Kelly from Blackburn

Quite suprised by this... I can see why, in that MA hasn't had experience at this level and an older head with good experience in the transfer market could help him... but I'm suprised because I thought Mandaric would've basically filled this role himself.

We know Milan is quite a "hands on" chairman... with a Director of Football and a manager as well could it be too many cooks?
Then again, from what has been said Martin Allen seems to like having quite a lot of backroom staff in different roles, so I don't think he'll have too much problem with a DoF. Hopefully not anyway.

Kevin Keegan?

Oops, missed the part about it being someone at a Premiership club already. Hmm....

Last edited:
Okay, current Directors of Football in the Premiership are:

Frank Arnesen at Chelsea
Damien Comolli at Spurs
Nick Hammond at Reading
Craig Brown at Fulham

Can't see one of them being willing to quit a job in the Premiership to come to a similar role here though. If it was one of them then Craig Brown would be the clear favourite. Obviously we're not going to get one from Spurs or Chelsea, Nick Hammond has been at Reading for quite a while and was the person responsible for finding Kevin Doyle and Shane Long, so it's not like they're going to let him go easily. Arsene Wenger apparently wants him to replace David Dein as well. (Maybe we should try and get David Dein in? ;))

Craig Brown though... Lawrie Sanchez may have said he doesn't want a DoF, or their board think they don't need one with Sanchez? I'd say he's the only one that's a possibility.
More likely to be an assistant manager/coach somewhere... but I can't think of anyone?

just a quick thought.

Where has MM said he is after a director of football?

All i have seen is sports director, different possition maybe?

,More likely to be an assistant manager/coach somewhere... but I can't think of anyone?

Or a Scout/Chief Scout - or just 'head of development' or some other poxy title that they give people these days

What's Dave Bassett doing these days.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670