Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mean that it has to be a DOF at another Club,they could be doing another job at the moment

wasn't it appointing a director of football that caused the fallout between MM and Harry Redknapp?

Okay, current Directors of Football in the Premiership are:

Frank Arnesen at Chelsea
Damien Comolli at Spurs
Nick Hammond at Reading
Craig Brown at Fulham

The Mercury article talks about a 'Director of Sport'. There is no indication that whoever it is works as a Director of Football at the present time.

The Mercury article talks about a 'Director of Sport'. There is no indication that whoever it is works as a Director of Football at the present time.

Director of sport lol.... Clive Woodward it is then :icon_wink

what's Graham Taylor doing now?

Heard a rumour via a previously reliable source that MM was keen on him months ago

As we only play football (allegedly) then surely that means precisely the same thing :102:

As we only play football (allegedly) then surely that means precisely the same thing :102:

It may be, but I am sure that there is some reason for the distinction. Maybe MM has in mind a different job than is normally carried out by Directors of Football.

My point that there is nothing to say that the 'candidate' is at present employed as a Director of Football still holds.

Pretty sure they are the same thing. Director of Football/Sporting Director/Director of Sport... it's the same job, just "Sporting Director" is often used in this country because people are cynical about the Director of Football role....

I'm just gonna keep saying names in the hopes that one is right.. ;) Far fetched, but Giles Grimandi? Apparently under consideration for the role at Arsenal, but as mentioned Nick Hammond is apparently now the favourite. If he doesn't get it then he could be frustrated and not want to stay in his existing role at Arsenal? Wishful thinking though...

It may be, but I am sure that there is some reason for the distinction. Maybe MM has in mind a different job than is normally carried out by Directors of Football.

My point that there is nothing to say that the 'candidate' is at present employed as a Director of Football still holds.

I said the same thing myself though... just that they were the DoF in the Premiership at the minute, but it was unlikely to be any of those?

what's Graham Taylor doing now?

Sitting in a Wetherspoons drinking cheap bitter,shouting to people that he was England Manager one day and if they want to fight about it he'll fecking have them...

Sitting in a Wetherspoons drinking cheap bitter,shouting to people that he was England Manager one day and if they want to fight about it he'll fecking have them...

do i not like that

I bet it's David Pleat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pleat

He was at portmouth helping Perrin!!!
i've always hated Pleat as a football commentator and yesterday he made the most ridiculous comment i've ever heard-he said the fact that derby had fantastic car parking facilities will help them in the premiership next year (yes you heard). The host on 5live then went onto ridicule him for saying it by arguing "that car park will come in handy when losing 3-0 at half time to chelsea" he replied it will be good for derby in the premiership as scouts can get away quickly, and they can sell there players in order to buy more-tosser true story

i've always hated Pleat as a football commentator and yesterday he made the most ridiculous comment i've ever heard-he said the fact that derby had fantastic car parking facilities will help them in the premiership next year (yes you heard). The host on 5live then went onto ridicule him for saying it by arguing "that car park will come in handy when losing 3-0 at half time to chelsea" he replied it will be good for derby in the premiership as scouts can get away quickly, and they can sell there players in order to buy more-tosser true story
what a first class tosser:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670