Dirty Leeds at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the rules - they've not done anything wrong at all

Just like when we did precisely the same thing

Short memories some people

The Leicester City and Leeds United situations are wholly, totally and completely analogous. :icon_roll

The Leicester City and Leeds United situations are wholly, totally and completely analogous. :icon_roll

but both were within the rules

Disgraceful...I bet the cnuts didnt pay their phone, water or leccy bills to get some debt. I bet they started magically finding debt what they refused to think they had 2 months ago.

I think it needs a serious looking-into. The question would ask is if Leeds had another season in Championship would they have still gone in admin because a week ago, appartently staying up would avoid this situation.
Absolute bollocks.

They might have been able to hold off some bills or obtain credit, on the strength of more TV money coming from the Championship, which they now no longer have the prospect of.

The question is could they pay the bills THIS MONTH? If they have gone into Admin now because they won't be able to pay the bills in a few months time, then its wrong, and should IMO face extra punishment. How many people won't get paid that could have done this month?

What is the law on going into Admin? under what circumstances is it legit?

Also may have had more chance of a consortium taking over if they had avoided the drop.

but both were within the rules

Not quite true. In our case there were no rules and Leeds' case they are exploiting a loophole and acting against the spirit of the rule.

The irony is of course we were the only club to vote against the ten point deduction rule. ;)

Not quite true. In our case there were no rules and Leeds' case they are exploiting a loophole and acting against the spirit of the rule.

The irony is of course we were the only club to vote against the ten point deduction rule. ;)

I thought Bradford didnt like the rule either. I fail to see the point of it to be honest, I think the effects of admin are enough for a club to suffer.

However, rule fiddling is not on.

I think Feriol has hit the nail on the head on what I was trying to say. Why this week of all weeks to declare admin?!?

I couldn't care less about Leeds

In so many ways I agree but I went and had a look for that Paki chant the Leeds fans did to us and I found this from one of our own. ;)

beaumontfox said:
as Leicester fans, we get a lot of 'you're just a town full of paki's' aimed at us from a lot more rival fans than before.
tbh the worst two sets of fans for this chant are Leeds and West Ham.

i think my Club has done a great deal in making itself avaliable to the ethnic population of the city, and i have several friends who aren't white who support the team.

but i don't think this country has anything on the Europeans! seeing the continuous abuse some players suffer from their own team's supporters is a disgrace.

This why we care about the annihilation of Leeds United Football Club. ;)

Let's remember RovRum tried to pull this fast one before and it seen ended up next season them being deducted points. We all hope. I hope League 1 clubs threaten to sue...snigger....

It's in the rules - they've not done anything wrong at all

Just like when we did precisely the same thing

Short memories some people

Fair play, Ken Bates is a canny old lad and has played it very cleverly....Following our administration rules were amended to stop clubs doing what we did, I hope they do again now.

Also may have had more chance of a consortium taking over if they had avoided the drop.

Ken Bates has bought Leeds United off himself, so it is plainly obvious they did this to avoid penalty points next season and I would now like the League to impose 15 penalty points for the pitch invasion.

Saying all that, they have not really broken any of the rules laid down, they have just flaunted them and used them to their advantage while they could.

Yes I know they did it to avoid the points deduction next season, but if they had stayed up, they would have been a more attractive prospect for potential investors, so more chance that someone would takeover before entering into administration.

Inland Revenue and Customs are going to start an investigation and be more "assertive" in their dealings with Leeds, apparently.

Inland Revenue and Customs are going to start an investigation and be more "assertive" in their dealings with Leeds, apparently.

good job someone has the balls to deal with them.

The thing is when we went in to administration, we didn't sign anyone during it or for a long time beforehand, Leeds have still been buying players left right and centre for the last 2 years they've been in this division, even up to the point of in the last month or so.

Yes I know they did it to avoid the points deduction next season, but if they had stayed up, they would have been a more attractive prospect for potential investors, so more chance that someone would takeover before entering into administration.

dropping a division and being a club like Leeds there would have been a queue of potential buyers because the price of buying them would have been lower

Leeds have made no attempt to avoid administration, they have players who could be sold to raise money, the only reason they went into administration when they did was to get the 10 point deduction this season.

When we went into administration the club had sold as many players as possible in the summer, and unsuccessfully tried to give several away. Also it was just after the ITV digital collapse, which in addition to costing us money, also had a negative effect on the transfer market, which meant we couldn't raise as much as was anticipated after going down. Leeds don't have that excuse, they're just cheating, their directors should be banned from being directors of companies in future, if Bates gets to take control of the club with reduced debts that's just taking the piss.

dropping a division and being a club like Leeds there would have been a queue of potential buyers because the price of buying them would have been lower

With the same debts of £35 million and having to find £10 million of that to pay pretty soon with greatly reduced income from television revenue and a possible loss in ticket revenue for the following season I know there is no queue of potential buyers. Uncle Ken even said he was looking for a group of investors just the other week, where are all of these then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00