DJ Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DJ CampbellH

I agree.

I do care about the spirit of the game and would still reluctantly bring him back if we could. However, and I may be wrong, I think this would only be allowed if he was a Youth Loan. Thus Sunderland could recall Waghorn but we cannot recall Campbell.

CityFan is right. The spirit of the game is about hard fair competition between all the teams in the league. Waghorn can give everything to Leicester because his primary employer Sunderland are in a different league.

I have to say I agree with this as well. If implemented it would also prevent bitterness towards players who have scored agianst their own team... I think a plymouth player did it earlier in the season, or for them or whatever. Would make the game better IMO.

As DJ is contracted to 2011 wasn't it written into his contract that he gets a bonus if he gets promotion - with City that is.
Also doesn't he get an increase in wages as well if we get promoted.

Perhaps someone should remind DJ of this cos he might not get anything at Blackpool longterm cos they just can't afford him, so come next season he could be on more money and have a nice bonus by staying at City. He could then either fight for a place or go on loan again.Or he could get picked up by a Championship Club who see how well he'd done at Blackpool and could do similar for them

Definetely think we should recall him if we can... would be pretty embarassing if DJ stops us from getting into the playoffs!

Although... if we did recall him, what kind of message does that send to our squad? Kind of undermines the manager's faith in them a bit?

fk bpool, we win 3 of our next 4 and they lose to toon saturday, were in play offs!! we will beat posh watford and boro!!

Why? Cos it's not like he's gonna play him is it? Think the squad understand the situation far better than we do tbh.

Was that to me?

Obviously he wouldn't play him, but it shows a slight lack of faith perhaps in the players we've got.

The playoff situation is in our hands, and I'm sure that's what Nige will be telling the players.
Calling DJ back would perhaps indicate a lack of faith in that he doesn't expect our team to be able to do enough, so have to disarm Blackpool in some way to get us there

I wouldn't say it was a lack of faith, but more like taking away any positives the team chasing us might have. Obviosuly I'm hoping we don't need any outside help to get into the play-offs, but I see nothing wrong in doing what we can to make sure other teams can't.

Re: DJ CampbellH

I have to say I agree with this as well. If implemented it would also prevent bitterness towards players who have scored agianst their own team... I think a plymouth player did it earlier in the season, or for them or whatever. Would make the game better IMO.

Marcel Seip scored against his employers Plymouth, coincidentally for Blackpool. In a further twist, Seip is also married to the daughter of Argyle Vice Chairman Paul Stapleton, and his wife and mother-in-law were spotted congratulating Seip on his goal against Plymouth with a thumbs-up gesture.

But don't we have a release clause if our strikers get injured?

I mean just lie and say Howard, Waggy and Gallgher are all doubtful for satdee. Get him back and then miraculously all three pass their fitness tests.

Tough shit to Blackpool.

Three years ago Martin Allen signed a striker who was to be "a star of the future". Well the future has arrived - Ricky Sappleton your time has come. :icon_roll

SV Roselare, I miss him.

First game of that season I saw a little kid in his shiny new City shirt with HELLINGS 18 on the back walking excitedly up Saffron Lane hoping to see his heroes beat Blackpool to start off a dream season. Poor little bastard :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669