DJ Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I think re-calling him would be a bit out of the spirit of the game, but that's just my opinion.
I think it would be shabby in the extreme. I'd be embarrassed if we stooped so low.

(to be fair, it would also be pretty funny :icon_lol:)

Earlier in the season, the club did an awful piece of marketing (I can't even remember what it was now) that nearly everyone complained about bitterly because it "made us look bad". I didn't care and was just pleased the club was trying to sell itself.

If we recalled DJ it would be way worse in my opinion. Has anyone else done that, for no other reason than to damage another club's chances? We'd be in the news, surely, for all the wrong reasons. Yet a lot of posters think we should definitely do it.

Funny how people look at things so differently, innit... :102:

:tumbleweed:

recalling him would only fire them up, if he's that good why have we loaned him out?

if we don't do better than Blackpool in the remaining games, we don't deserve to be in the play offs!

How ironic would it be if Holloway and DJ were the ones to knock us out of the play offs spot.

I'm sure it would put a smile on both of the ***** faces, but it ain't gonna happen :icon_conf

Ofcourse it aint going to happen, Holloway is the worst manager in the world and DJ is always offside, we have nothing to worry about :icon_conf

I think it would be shabby in the extreme. I'd be embarrassed if we stooped so low.

(to be fair, it would also be pretty funny :icon_lol:)

Earlier in the season, the club did an awful piece of marketing (I can't even remember what it was now) that nearly everyone complained about bitterly because it "made us look bad". I didn't care and was just pleased the club was trying to sell itself.

If we recalled DJ it would be way worse in my opinion. Has anyone else done that, for no other reason than to damage another club's chances? We'd be in the news, surely, for all the wrong reasons. Yet a lot of posters think we should definitely do it.

Funny how people look at things so differently, innit... :102: :tumbleweed:

I don't think it has happened but then again I can't remember a situation like this happening before.

Whilst I think it could cast a bad light on the club if we were to recall DJ to scupper their promotion push, I think every other chairman and club in the country would consider it strongly if it were their club involved.

At the end of the day Leicester, Swansea or Blackpool are the most likely teams to miss out on the play offs and we shouldn't be doing anything to directly assist Blackpool's cause.

I personally think we will make the play offs off our own back, but if Blackpool to grab that last spot on the final day due to a DJ goal we would probably be the laughing stock of the entire country if we had the ability to recall him and didn't take it.

:tumbleweed:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
How ironic would it be if Holloway and DJ were the ones to knock us out of the play offs spot.

It would be ironic if we were to beat them to the play-off spots. We owe them nothing, they were poor/did the dirty on us, not the other way round.

It would be ironic if we were to beat them to the play-off spots. We owe them nothing, they were poor/did the dirty on us, not the other way round.

This is why it would be ironic.

This apparent poor manager and poor player are instrumental in another team challenging us for the play offs, which makes the suggestions that both are/were shit seem a little bit stupid.

Doesnt matter anyway because I think we will still qualify for the play offs, but as I said it would be ironic if they stopped us.

Still confused how you think DJ (assuming you mean him) did the dirty on us? Are you referring to him saying he didnt want to play for us, after he had spent a year and a half not getting into the team?

Re: DJ CampbellH

And unfortunately DJ can give everything as he hates LCFC.

Does he hate LCFC or is it just his perception of how he has been treated by certain people here :102:

Re: DJ CampbellH

Does he hate LCFC or is it just his perception of how he has been treated by certain people here :102:

Bit of both. I'd hate my former employees if I thought that I had been victimised by a few people, but I also think that we gave him a 2nd chance (sort of!) and he didn't ever seem that interested.

Saying that, I'm not that fussed about whether how he feels is justified or not, but it's quite safe to say he doesn't like us.

This is why it would be ironic.

This apparent poor manager and poor player are instrumental in another team challenging us for the play offs, which makes the suggestions that both are/were shit seem a little bit stupid.
No it doesn't. They were shit for Leicester City, no doubt about it. :102:

No it doesn't. They were shit for Leicester City, no doubt about it. :102:

Agreed. I said they were shit for us, which is true, not they are shit managers/players full stop.

I think him not wanting to play for us was made quite clear, not only by his comments in the Blackpool rag, but by his attitude when he was given a second chance by Pearson.

tbh I don't give a shit if the poor little lamb feels victimised, he's acted like a C*** since MA2 got the boot and it pisses me off.

Stuff whether it's sporting or not, get the tosser back and let him rot. If he's not scoring goals for them then that limits their chances of catching us. We can feck things up without giving other clubs a helping hand.

I'd be surprised if Blackpool didn't take the precaution of making sure he couldn't be recalled when the deal went through.

I think he couldnt handle the pressure of playing for City, when he came on during his "second chance" he seemed nervous and hesitant.

Obviously he knows he has flopped for us and the pressure to perform got to him. (puns welcome).

At Blackpool there is no pressure, therefore he has been able to get his head down and play. I would also point out that several of his goals have been tap-ins (or at least what i saw on TFLS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669