DJ can bog off

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to go on about. I refer you to the last sentence of post #16 - that is the continuation that I think is necessary.

Well, it's NP who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Now, you going to tell him off or shall we let DJ rot?

Well, it's NP who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Now, you going to tell him off or shall we let DJ rot?

I think DJ problems with lcfc started before Nigel Pearson arrived.

Not that bothered about who is a former not that good player.

I hope he stays at Blackpool as they'll be relegated by this time next year.

It is of interest that a decent Championship striker would rather play for a much smaller club than return here.

It suggests that he has issues with people at the club. Whether these issues are justified or not will either never be known or would only become known after he departs.

Shame. And I won't judge him without knowing the facts.

It is clear from his statement that there is no going back so I'd guess his gripe is most likely with established player(s) or Mandy.

Bit surprised he said that last line, very unproffesional and verging on mis-conduct!

I'm not in the slightest surprised he said that - having watched his occasional performances last season nothing was more obvious than that after Mad Dog left that he didn't want to play for us.

It is of interest that a decent Championship striker would rather play for a much smaller club than return here.

It suggests that he has issues with people at the club. Whether these issues are justified or not will either never be known or would only become known after he departs.

Shame. And I won't judge him without knowing the facts.

It is clear from his statement that there is no going back so I'd guess his gripe is most likely with established player(s) or Mandy.

... or member(s) of staff?

Please don't get the idea that I know anything because I don't. I just know there must be something.

We should write a hilarious musical parody about Leicester City players of the past, and take the piss out of him completely in it - that'll show him

Oh, hang on a minute.......

I'd like to say thanks for all you've done DJ and all the very best.

Now feck off you rude bar steward!

Like I said to Carl Cort when he left, thanks for the goal at Chelsea. It was one of the finest moments of my life.

I'd guess his gripe is most likely with established player(s) or Mandy.
Or, indeed, the "fans" who have berated him.

Shame it didn't work out, Dudley. And be carefull the door doesn't smack you on the back of the head as we slam the fecker shut behind you... :039:

Anything rather than come back? Wrap him in a stars and stripes and send him to Iran.

Honestly, what a pathetic, moaning little baby.

Last edited:
I am not surprised that DJ Campbell wants to leave. He was brought here as Martin Allen's big signing and Fryatt was put with the youth team. When Ian Hoilloway came here he realised that Fryatt was the best of the smaller strikers. When Nigel arrived he clearly agreed.
At Blackpool DJ has had a regular first team place. If he came back here he would be mostly on the bench. My guess is that DJ thinks he is better than Fryatt but realises that he is the only one who thinks so.
We should let him go. He is of an age when he needs first team football and we do not want aanyone with a bad attitude arfound the club.

I am not surprised that DJ Campbell wants to leave. He was brought here as Martin Allen's big signing and Fryatt was put with the youth team. When Ian Hoilloway came here he realised that Fryatt was the best of the smaller strikers. When Nigel arrived he clearly agreed.
At Blackpool DJ has had a regular first team place. If he came back here he would be mostly on the bench. My guess is that DJ thinks he is better than Fryatt but realises that he is the only one who thinks so.
We should let him go. He is of an age when he needs first team football and we do not want aanyone with a bad attitude arfound the club.

He isn't the only one who thinks so at all. If you were to compare their attributes and achievements in football, any independant person would surely say that there is little to choose between them.

Personally, I prefer him to Fryatt for his pace and finishing ability. I think that he is of a better overall quality. The negatives are his injury record and apparent inability to settle at the club.

Also, just because someone is unhappy and wants to leave doesn't mean that person has a bad attitude. Fryatt had a 'bad attitude' last season when Martin Allen played him on the wing in preseason and made it clear he wasn't in favour - what's the difference? Campbell has never demonstrated a bad attitude anywhere else he's played.

He isn't the only one who thinks so at all. If you were to compare their attributes and achievements in football, any independant person would surely say that there is little to choose between them.

Personally, I prefer him to Fryatt for his pace and finishing ability. I think that he is of a better overall quality. The negatives are his injury record and apparent inability to settle at the club.

Also, just because someone is unhappy and wants to leave doesn't mean that person has a bad attitude. Fryatt had a 'bad attitude' last season when Martin Allen played him on the wing in preseason and made it clear he wasn't in favour - what's the difference? Campbell has never demonstrated a bad attitude anywhere else he's played.

Well lifes all about opinions but I completely disagree with yours.

Without Fryatt I don't believe we would have gone up so easily this year. What he lacks in pace he makes up for with a good footballing brain, quick feet and being a good finisher. There are no doubt elements of his game he could improve on. But IMO Fryatt over DJ every time.

Just so its not all about opinions..the facts seem to back this up.

According to soccerbase
Matty Fryatt averages 0.31 goals a game
DJ Campbell averages 0.23 goals a game

Campbell: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=24865
Fryatt: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35650

Plus he's 5 years younger, played more League games and, just for the sake of argument, cost us half as much.

Just so its not all about opinions..the facts seem to back this up.

According to soccerbase
Matty Fryatt averages 0.31 goals a game
DJ Campbell averages 0.23 goals a game

Campbell: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=24865
Fryatt: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35650

Stats can pretty much prove or disprove anything

90% of Fryatt's goals came at League One level or below. Most of Campbell's goals came at Championship level

If you would like to consider the goal per game ratio at Championship level, I suspect you might discover a very different tale....

90% of Fryatt's goals came at League One level or below. Most of Campbell's goals came at Championship level

If you would like to consider the goal per game ratio at Championship level, I suspect you might discover a very different tale....

Yeah, your probably right.
But then its an argument that could go round and round. Fryatt has never played in a decent Championship team. Campbell played for the promoted Birmingham team.
The acid test for Fryatt is next year. Personally I think he'll step up to the plate. But only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669