• He will improve

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • He will never have a clue

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Etuhu a Right Winger ? Thus enabling Hume to partner Howard up front:102:

id rather have hume up front than campbell who i thought he was pretty rubbish we'd be better off with ming campbell up front than him

He was actually OK last night - did a lot of running into channels (which no one passed into), and was hampered by the fact that he was playing alongside a static useless clueless lump

Fryatt and Campbell on Sat'di for me - Hume can go feck himself

He was actually OK last night - did a lot of running into channels (which no one passed into), and was hampered by the fact that he was playing alongside a static useless clueless lump

Fryatt and Campbell on Sat'di for me - Hume can go feck himself

hume and fryatt for me not that ill be there to see it..thank feck :)

You only have to listen to IH to know why he is failing to motivate players his silly comments are fine when things are going well be NOT funny under the current circumstances
I also think that his overall style is fine for a lower division club where his quirky comments help generate a bit of publicity.

At Leicester he has had a chance to adapt to a somewhat larger club which in spite of years of under-achievement takes itself a bit more seriously.

He has identified the obvious weaknesses which most of us with the slightest bit of commonsense knew anyway and made some sound bites to please the ears of the naive concerning moving on players brought in by previous failures. He has also had the opportunity which is not that common in this division to bring in some additional players presumably on relatively high wages. But the bottom line is that the results don't improve - in fact they get slightly worse since he came in and for the vast majority of the time the team plays dire football.

I understand that some people are persuaded for him on the grounds that he is quite likeable....but other than the argumant that we can't contine to chop and change, they never seem to be able to provide any real footballing reasons why he is any cop.

Actually I'm not sure I care any more

I think that is how a lot feel today, part of that has been brought about by the raised expectation of getting back to back wins for the first time this season. Having beat Cardiff, we really had a good chance of winning last night, only to fall flat on our faces again and by playing poorly (by all accounts). It has put a lot (understandably) on a serious downer.

You only have to listen to IH to know why he is failing to motivate players his silly comments are fine when things are going well be NOT funny under the current circumstances
I also think that his overall style is fine for a lower division club where his quirky comments help generate a bit of publicity.

At Leicester he has had a chance to adapt to a somewhat larger club which in spite of years of under-achievement takes itself a bit more seriously.

He has identified the obvious weaknesses which most of us with the slightest bit of commonsense knew anyway and made some sound bites to please the ears of the naive concerning moving on players brought in by previous failures. He has also had the opportunity which is not that common in this division to bring in some additional players presumably on relatively high wages. But the bottom line is that the results don't improve - in fact they get slightly worse since he came in and for the vast majority of the time the team plays dire football.

I understand that some people are persuaded for him on the grounds that he is quite likeable....but other than the argumant that we can't contine to chop and change, they never seem to be able to provide any real footballing reasons why he is any cop.

So he should ignore the obvious problems like every other manager has, because after all we can all see them, and target the unobvious problems, like the colour of the flowers at the training ground? Worked well last time didn't it?

I have no problem with people not liking Holloway, or finding his comments less than amusing, but it does seem that a lot of people on here are currently looking for any reason to have a dig at the man.

Prior to MON we were always a yoyo club, so a lot of us have been through the same feelings many times.

I'd never have known that, thanks for enlightening me. :icon_roll

Prior to MON we were always a yoyo club, so a lot of us have been through the same feelings many times.

But over the last 5 years we are not a yoyo club. We are stagnent, and smelling worse as every season goes by...

Forget the above, i've just re-read your post...

Last edited:
Does he have a clue? yes ...the championship is so open that nearly every team can beat each other on a good day but in last nights interview he seems to running out of ideas ..it just shows you that money does not always bring instant success...the sheepshaggers a classic example for that.
I still blame that constant changing of the staff at the Club this year to be the reason for the SHite we are in...so the buck has to stop with MM I am affraid
Has anybody asked why he plays hummmeee on the wing?

I think Ollie has addressed a lot of the problems identified on a personnel front. a lot of the tossers were moved on and on the whole he did seem to identify the areas that needed strengthening and on paper the signings of Howard, Oakley, Hendrie and Alnwick look to be excellent moves, however my fear is that whilst Ollie has a decent eye for a player, he seems to fall short when it comes to being able to get the best out of them as a collective unit.

I also fear now that this job and a club of our size is a step too far for Holloway and that the players have now realised this.

...the club of our size?...sorry to say size doesn't matter, Plymouth, Preston, Bristol????...all 'smaller clubs' would you say?...sorry not having a go but the size of a club is nothing to do with how they play, I think Ollie will get it right for us, we've had a lot of rubbish go on over the last 4 years and some one has got to be big and strong enough to say enough is enough, we have to earn the right to stay in this division, Ollie has the experience to get us out, has identified the weak areas and is doing something about it, time is just not on our side...if we had appointed him in the first place we wouldn't have been in this mess...
Onwards and upwards !!!!http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/images/smilies/100.gif

I've just shat myself

If only I had done it earlier when I was sat on the toilet then I wouldn't be in this mess

Hope Billy Davies comes along soon to clean me up

Try going to the games, it's even worse then.

Been there, done that, cried with joy, cried with sorrow. I sympathise with those that are paying their hard earned and not seeing the desired results.
Unfortunately, on a lot of Saturdays I do social services contracts, which means (although I'm only a couple of miles from the Walkers) I don't get to as many games as would be acceptable to you lot. Just can't afford to go to away games. Hopefully that will change next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669