Votes: 17 36.2%
  • He will improve

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • He will never have a clue

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there, done that, cried with joy, cried with sorrow. I sympathise with those that are paying their hard earned and not seeing the desired results.
Unfortunately, on a lot of Saturdays I do social services contracts, which means (although I'm only a couple of miles from the Walkers) I don't get to as many games as would be acceptable to you lot. Just can't afford to go to away games. Hopefully that will change next season.

What makes you think that anybody gives a flying f*ck?

Well, it appears you're only allowed an opinion if you attend matches :icon_wink

No, that isn't the case.

You will however get the piss ripped out of you if you pretend to go to a match that you obviously haven't attended.

Last edited:
Holloway may well have 'lost' the dressing room. We will never know so I won't get into that debate but what is indisputable is that IH is not turning the situation around, he is continuing the flirtation with relegation that is now beginning to look like full-on embrace. You can't help but point to things that lie within his responsibility for some of the reasons. The persistance with Hume on the right wing is an error of judgement, even the odd time he has a good game Holloway should be giving someone else a run. He is trying to convert Hume into a Norris type attacking midfielder - and he won't succeed. Clemence is well-overdue being dropped and should have been by now - Weslowski or King would've done a better job either permanently or until the club could get someone else in on loan.

The biggest cause for concern is the slump in form of Howard. He is Holloway's man and should be fired up to play well. It's not looking good if the manager's own signings are not performing. Oakley has just about pulled his weight, but only just.

So it's Kelvin on the right, Weso in the middle and DJ/Fryatt and Hume upfront.

Holloway may well have 'lost' the dressing room. We will never know so I won't get into that debate but what is indisputable is that IH is not turning the situation around, he is continuing the flirtation with relegation that is now beginning to look like full-on embrace. You can't help but point to things that lie within his responsibility for some of the reasons. The persistance with Hume on the right wing is an error of judgement, even the odd time he has a good game Holloway should be giving someone else a run. He is trying to convert Hume into a Norris type attacking midfielder - and he won't succeed. Clemence is well-overdue being dropped and should have been by now - Weslowski or King would've done a better job either permanently or until the club could get someone else in on loan.

The biggest cause for concern is the slump in form of Howard. He is Holloway's man and should be fired up to play well. It's not looking good if the manager's own signings are not performing. Oakley has just about pulled his weight, but only just.

Is it an error of judgement or is it a hand that he's been forced to play?
In the absence of a right winger, who would you start on the wing ahead of Hume?

Wasnt Hume a right winger/attacking midfielder at Trandmere before he came to us?

No it doesn't.
Reading & comprehension really isn't your strong point is it?

So go on then, what am I missing ... I didn't see the match so my opinion isn't worth sharing ... therefore i'm not entitled to an opinion unless I attend games. Or is that just sideshows opinion and no one else's ?

So go on then, what am I missing ... I didn't see the match so my opinion isn't worth sharing ... therefore i'm not entitled to an opinion unless I attend games. Or is that just sideshows opinion and no one else's ?

You know exactly what DB was referring to in that post, it has been explained to you several times already and it is frankly incredibly boring at this stage.

It obviously makes you feel better to portray yourself as some kind of victim so you just carry on doing that.

Poor you it must be terrible. Bad Disco Bob, bad.

Last edited:
It obviously makes you feel better to portray yourself as some kind of victim so you just carry on doing that.

I'm no victim, but I will stand up for myself and my beliefs and if comments are made don't try denying them. That includes the insults you made towards me. If you don't like other peoples opinions, then put something constructive in answer to them.

Oh, sorry if i'm boring you. :icon_eek:

You only have to listen to IH to know why he is failing to motivate players his silly comments are fine when things are going well be NOT funny under the current circumstances

So he should ignore the obvious problems like every other manager has, because after all we can all see them, and target the unobvious problems, like the colour of the flowers at the training ground? Worked well last time didn't it?

I have no problem with people not liking Holloway, or finding his comments less than amusing, but it does seem that a lot of people on here are currently looking for any reason to have a dig at the man.

The problem with his absurd comments is that it undermines his credibility and that is likely to impact on his ability to command respect from the players.

I think the reverse of your conclusions would be nearer the mark. So far - because he is regarded as likeable together with people not wanting to face up to the need for another change in managers, he is getting a remarkably easy ride.

Where he is coming in for flack is mainly from people who think the performances and results are unacceptable given the playing resources available to him. He just can't get them to play on any sort of consistent basis.

The problem with his absurd comments is that it undermines his credibility and that is likely to impact on his ability to command respect from the players.

I think the reverse of your conclusions would be nearer the mark. So far - because he is regarded as likeable together with people not wanting to face up to the need for another change in managers, he is getting a remarkably easy ride.

Where he is coming in for flack is mainly from people who think the performances and results are unacceptable given the playing resources available to him. He just can't get them to play on any sort of consistent basis.

If that was the case I would understand, but he's getting flack for being "funny", he's getting flack for not hugging players when they are subbed, he's getting flack for getting the linesman wet (which I saw to be fair, but it did look like he was gesticulating with a water bottle in hand), he's getting stick because he's changing the team too much, then because he keeps the same team and doesn't put Mcauley back in.

I'm no victim, but I will stand up for myself and my beliefs and if comments are made don't try denying them.

I'm not denying anything, but I wouldn't also try to twist them to make you appear to be the victim that you aren't.

That includes the insults you made towards me.

Which insults would they be? Please enlighten me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669