Post Match Doncaster 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha you are joking! Who did Sven spend 'milions' on that figured in today's game?

Haha you are joking! Do you think our medicore performances this season are just about this one game? Do you think we looked miles better with Beckford and Mills etc. in the team?

And to answer your question: Koncheksy, St. Ledger, Schmeichel (though I think he's a very good player and is an exception to the rule) and Nugent (in wages).

Last edited:
Dropped to 10th. We'll be 11th by the end of Monday night. 5 points adrift of a playoff place, a game short of halfway through the season. There has to be a miraculous turnround if we are to even look at being promotion contenders.

I dont have a problem with any player Sven bought in. Everyone is better than the player we originally had in that position.

Hobbs > Mills
Brown > Bamba
Fryatt and Waghorn > Beckford
Fryatt and Waghorn = Nugent
Berner = Konchesky
Morrison = Peltier

Starting XI against Ipswich, hopefully, will be interesting.

I suspect that the Boxing Day line-up will vary very little from today ... an ineffective midfield, shaky defence and impotent strikeforce.

Honestly, I'm scratching my head into how people can honestly watch this team, look at these players' past records and still stick to this unwavering opinion we have great players who are just underperforming.

SGE wasted millions on big name overrated mercenaries and made no improvement, in fact, he made the squad worse. Pearson needs to be given a chance in the transfer window and been given a chance to get some good players in, he has a much better record in the transfer window than SGE, I have much more faith in him doing so.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm scratching my head into how people can honestly watch this team, look at these players' past records and still think we have great players who are just underperforming.

SGE wasted millions on big name overrated mercenaries and made no improvement, in fact, he made the squad worse. Pearson needs to be given a chance in the transfer window and been given a chance to get some good players in, he has a much better record in the transfer window than SGE, I have much more faith in him doing so.

I hope you are referring to the summer transfer window because it's going to take longer than a month in January to turn this side into anything like promotion contenders. Pearson needs time to put his own stamp on the club again, and I suspect that in order to do that a few will need to be shown the door in the summer.

We are a midtable side. Anybody who looks at our players and believes otherwise is deluding themselves, probably seduced by the amount spent on the squad. It certainly can't be from watching these players and thinking that they're good enough to ensure that the club is in the top flight this time next year.

Last edited:
Haha you are joking! Do you think our medicore performances this season are just about this one game? Do you think we looked miles better with Beckford and Mills etc. in the team?

And to answer your question: Koncheksy, St. Ledger, Schmeichel (though I think he's a very good player and is an exception to the rule) and Nugent (in wages).
Nugent - free and although I don't know his paypacket I don't think he's on anything astronomical, scored 7 goals as well so can hardly be called a flop. Schmeichel was a bargain for a reported million. Konchesky you've said yourself is a great signing. St Ledger wasn't expensive in football terms. Mills and Beckford were the big money signings for us and they didn't start. Beckford was dropped for an ineffective and ageing Howard which was a tactical mistake in my opinion.

I think we'd have got a point today with Sven. Not saying we haven't been poor at times but think we look a lot poorer now than we did at an point under Sven and can only see us slipping backwards rather than going up and challenging for playoff spots. Under Sven we were outside but we'd played the majority of our competition for promotion and we'd comeback with a very decent haul of points off them. We were inconsistent, particularly at home but we were still well poised. Now we're just shit

I hope you are referring to the summer transfer window, because it's going to take longer than a month in January to turn this side into anything like promotion contenders. Pearson needs time to put his own stamp on the club again, and I suspect that in order to do that a few will need to be shown the door in the summer.

Yes, completely agree. NP has been ****ed over with the squad he's been left and it is going to take longer than just the January window to sort this out.

Hobbs > Mills
Brown > Bamba
Berner =
Morrison = Peltier

Hahaha Really? Wow!

Hobbs > Mills
Brown > Bamba
Berner =
Morrison = Peltier

Hahaha Really? Wow!

Glad I'm not the only one who found that laughable.

Nugent - free and although I don't know his paypacket I don't think he's on anything astronomical, scored 7 goals as well so can hardly be called a flop. Schmeichel was a bargain for a reported million. Konchesky you've said yourself is a great signing. St Ledger wasn't expensive in football terms. Mills and Beckford were the big money signings for us and they didn't start. Beckford was dropped for an ineffective and ageing Howard which was a tactical mistake in my opinion.

I think we'd have got a point today with Sven. Not saying we haven't been poor at times but think we look a lot poorer now than we did at an point under Sven and can only see us slipping backwards rather than going up and challenging for playoff spots. Under Sven we were outside but we'd played the majority of our competition for promotion and we'd comeback with a very decent haul of points off them. We were inconsistent, particularly at home but we were still well poised. Now we're just shit

I never called Nugent a flop, but he's certainly not a success.

7 goals in 19 matches is not great, it's mediocre and that's what Nugent has been in a nutshell. Yes, he runs around a lot and has been decent, but he's never going to be anywhere near a 20 goal a season striker at this level and he's never going to be a great creative striker either. He's a decent Championship player for a side 10th in the league, but he's not a player who should be leading the line for a top Championship side.

Konchesky I said has been a good signing yes, but he does have his follies.

St. Ledger cost ~£1.25mil, that is expensive in Championship terms! And is a million pound signing which is what I asked.

Again, you keep saying Mills and Beckford didn't start, when have I said I was talking about this individual game? Do you think our mediocre performances this season have been just about this one game?! Mills has been medicore this season and Beckford has been an utter failiure.

Beckford was rightly dropped for being shocking for about 3 months, the fact that Howard and Schlupp the only player in the squad to replace him completely highlights the problem. It is not NP's fault that League One standard players are the only back-up he has, this is not his squad that he's been left with.

Pearson has not been screwed over by the squad he has, he's screwed himself over by not even attempting to try out anything remotely new with the squad he has inherited. He's gone for a midfield from his previous regime and hasn't even given the others the opportunity to prove their worth. Incredibly narrow minded of a manger in my opinion

St. Ledger cost ~£1.25mil, that is expensive in Championship terms! And is a million pound signing which is what I asked.

you used the plural and 1.25 isn't millions. 1.25 is not a lot in championship terms in this day and age.

Hobbs > Mills
Brown > Bamba
Berner =
Morrison = Peltier

Hahaha Really? Wow!

Again, I think people completely forget how good our defence was under Pearson.

What has Mills done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Hobbs was under Pearson?
What has Bamba done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Brown was under Pearson?
What has Beckford done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Nugent done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Konchesky done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Berner was under Pearson?
What has Peltier done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Morrison was under Pearson?

you used the plural and 1.25 isn't millions. 1.25 is not a lot in championship terms in this day and age.

I'm still waiting for my answer on why you think Mills and Beckford are worth £8million.

I didn't say anything about today's game. It's not NP's fault he's been left with this mediocre squad, which we spent millions on to go backwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670