Post Match Doncaster 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, Prof, but tht is complete and utter shit

Based on what?

People keep saying that post is shit, but what are they basing this on? You all must have been watching completely different players to me this season if that all these players are any better than what we had in 09/10.

Last edited:
According to Alan Young the two games that we have before Christmas will make all the difference!!

you used the plural and 1.25 isn't millions. 1.25 is not a lot in championship terms in this day and age.

It is for the steaming pile of shit that St Ledger is. Plenty of defenders would have been available for better value of money. For example, Hobbs cost Hull less....a squad Pearson built who currently sit 4th.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm scratching my head into how people can honestly watch this team, look at these players' past records and still think we have great players who are just underperforming.

SGE wasted millions on big name overrated mercenaries and made no improvement. Pearson needs to be given a chance in the transfer window and been given a chance to get some good players in, he has a much better record in the transfer window than SGE, I have much more faith in him doing so.

Fair enough we are bad at the minute but there is a difference between bad players and bad confidence and/or bad management. You of all people should realise this. As far as I'm concerned the manager will always be the key figure, good managers will get the best out of even supposedly crap players. We do need better (note: better is different from more) competition upfront, and we do need some fast wide players, and better aerial ability outside of the defensive positions but even with the squad we have now we are more than capable of competeing for a play off place. You have a point in that we did overpay for some our players, Beckford for example is never worth £4m or even close to that but the fact we overpaid for him doesn't make him a bad player.

He has proven ability as do most of our squad. I think what we are going through at the moment is just another turning point, Pearson needs time to put his stamp on the squad again, not just in the sense of what players we have but also in terms of getting used to the way he runs training, his beliefs and values with regard to man-management etc. He had a poor start at Hull as well but that team is looking pretty good at the moment.

One thing we will probably agree on is that he needs time to get the balance right and find out a system will bring that success we are looking for. I don't think we will see a massive overhaul of players again due to our current squad 'lacking ability' as you seem to suggest is the answer.

Wellens < Fernandes
Wellens < Abe
Wellens < Johnson
Wellens < Danns
Wellens < Any other shite fecker we have in the squad

Who will be Pearson's first name on the teamsheet....?

Oooh, let me think

Again, I think people completely forget how good our defence was under Pearson.

What has Mills done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Hobbs was under Pearson?
What has Bamba done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Brown was under Pearson?
What has Beckford done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Nugent done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Konchesky done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Berner was under Pearson?
What has Peltier done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Morrison was under Pearson?

Konchesky has played consistently in a successful team at a level above Berner under Pearson. you're an idiot
Peltier is much better than Morisson, underlined by he fact that Morisson has had to step down in class.
Bamba is far more gifted than Brown ever was. Brown was a hard man but never going to be good enough to play in the Premier league had we got there or had he not alienated himself under Pearson. Bamba can and will make that step up.

Sometimes I really think you're an idiot

A friend at the game says Leicester fans fighting amongst themselves at FT. Great stuff :icon_roll

Again, I think people completely forget how good our defence was under Pearson.

What has Mills done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Hobbs was under Pearson?
What has Bamba done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Brown was under Pearson?
What has Beckford done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Nugent done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Konchesky done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Berner was under Pearson?
What has Peltier done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Morrison was under Pearson?

Getting boring now regurgitating the same old shite.
Time for all and sundry to step back, (& you Top), let Nigel and his crew do their job. Steady the ship, top 10 finish this season with an eye on a top 2 finish next year.

Pearson: I would have been disappointed to have drawn that game; to have lost it is eeerrrrrrrrrr.......

Clearly a very angry man.

And I'm surprised Glen didn't tell him that when he patronised him during tbeir 1:1

Youngy must be mates with Wellens cos he needed replacing after.last week nethermind after todays performance. Abe I agree with Glen could be a better option and King too is just not doing it at the moment.

Youngy reckons that's not King's fault though, it's because the strikers like to play with their backs to the goal. FFS, if he can't play in the system we have then he should be replaced by someone who can.

Yes, completely agree. NP has been ****ed over with the squad he's been left and it is going to take longer than just the January window to sort this out.

I don't think he feels that we've got a poor squad at all, he's said several times what a bunch of talented players we've got. At the minute though, our defence and our attack are being let down by a poor midfield. We need about two or three midfielders in January. If we put together a midfield that can support the attack and defence, I would expect to see both improve.

Honestly, I'm scratching my head into how people can honestly watch this team, look at these players' past records and still stick to this unwavering opinion we have great players who are just underperforming.

SGE wasted millions on big name overrated mercenaries and made no improvement, in fact, he made the squad worse. Pearson needs to be given a chance in the transfer window and been given a chance to get some good players in, he has a much better record in the transfer window than SGE, I have much more faith in him doing so.

I'm sure one of the main reasons NP came back here is because of the quality of the players he knew he would inherit.

By the end of the season I'm convinced he'll have a team performing really well and with very few additions.

At the minute though, our defence and our attack are being let down by a poor midfield. .

Here's the real problem for me which is so unrecognised, we consistently considering two goals a game on too many occasions. This has been the case for 1 and half seasons. The likes of Bamba and Peltier have had ok seasons but they are still equally part of the problem, there is no natural dependable leader amongst them whose example to follow.

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/34113-Too-many-signings
Can I win Serious Post of the Year for this...please?

Last edited:
Fair enough we are bad at the minute but there is a difference between bad players and bad confidence and/or bad management. You of all people should realise this. As far as I'm concerned the manager will always be the key figure, good managers will get the best out of even supposedly crap players.

No they won't! Good managers will get average players in who fit a system and work well together, not just buy names and hope they fit together willy nilly has SGE did.

You cannot make crap players good, no matter who your manager is.

We do need better (note: better is different from more) competition upfront, and we do need some fast wide players, and better aerial ability outside of the defensive positions but even with the squad we have now we are more than capable of competeing for a play off place. You have a point in that we did overpay for some our players, Beckford for example is never worth £4m or even close to that but the fact we overpaid for him doesn't make him a bad player.

He has proven ability as do most of our squad.

More than capable of competing for a play-off place? You've changed your tune, it was only West Ham have a better squad the other day.

This is the thing though! As you yourself said our midfield made the play-offs before, so you think they must be good enough. You seem to think just because they played in a side who reached the play-offs or played in the PL they must be good enough, that does not mean they are great individual players at all, in fact it says nothing about them as individual players at all. When you start to look at these individual player's records/read up on older club's fans' opinions of them you start to realise they're not all that.

Beckford has proven abillity at League One level and scored a whopping 8 goals in the PL, that does not mean he has proven ability to be in a top Championshipside.

I think what we are going through at the moment is just another turning point, Pearson needs time to put his stamp on the squad again, not just in the sense of what players we have but also in terms of getting used to the way he runs training, his beliefs and values with regard to man-management etc. He had a poor start at Hull as well but that team is looking pretty good at the moment.

One thing we will probably agree on is that he needs time to get the balance right and find out a system will bring that success we are looking for.

I can agree with that.

And I'll also note, he had a poor start at Hull, but did well once he brought some of his own players in. Ask any Hull fan and they'll say he came into a team of overrated, big named mercenaries (which is exactly what we have here) and he changed that for a younger hungrier side.

Konchesky has played consistently in a successful team at a level above Berner under Pearson. you're an idiot
Peltier is much better than Morisson, underlined by he fact that Morisson has had to step down in class.
Bamba is far more gifted than Brown ever was. Brown was a hard man but never going to be good enough to play in the Premier league had we got there or had he not alienated himself under Pearson. Bamba can and will make that step up.

Sometimes I really think you're an idiot

Brown knew exactly how to defend. Bamba is undoubtedly a skillful player but he does not throw his head in where it hurts. He also does not have the character to bully the opposition strikers out of the game. We need more players who can play the ugly side of the game.

I don't think he feels that we've got a poor squad at all, he's said several times what a bunch of talented players we've got. At the minute though, our defence and our attack are being let down by a poor midfield. We need about two or three midfielders in January. If we put together a midfield that can support the attack and defence, I would expect to see both improve.

This is one of the odditys at the moment - it's not like we are lacking in options in the midfield stakes!

I'd like to see Abe bought in in place of Wellens who is clearly in poor form. Abe is one of those players (like Mills) who never looks that great to me but we seem to get results when he is in the team.. I think at present his combative style of play is just what we will need to try and turn a corner. Hopefully might give King more of a license to do what he is good at and get forward as well. Also not quite sure how St Ledger gets in ahead of Tunchev still, assuming it's an injury problem still. He's being given a good chance to cement a place and not really delivering the performances as far as he is concerned as an individual..

Beckford should probably still be playing ahead of Howard as he represents more of a threat over the course of 90 mins. I can see why we started Howard today, as we were punting alot of high balls forward without having much of an aerial threat against Peterboro'. This is an issue that needs addressing in midfield to as we don't have players that will win aerial challenges in the middle of the park which will often result in us losing posession in a key area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669