Post Match Doncaster 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. A day or two after Sven was moved on, Ian Stringer and Alan Birchenall both independently picked Pearson as the man who they believed would be the next manager. Made me think they had some inside knowledge.

It's hard to imagine 3 other targets who turned us down. I can think of only MON.

Lee Clarke & Ian Dowie

Last edited:
What you related to me about your conversation with AN before the game (specifically his comments about Wellens) suggests to me that the club aren't at all serious about challenging for a place in the PL in the near future.

That wouldn't be a bad thing.

I don't want to pay a fortune to see insipid (my word of the month) performances...which has been the stock in trade display for years now.

Pearson was never going to change that - and won't. This isn't a case of knives being sharpened, I always thought his appointment smacked of more desperation than a drunk, binned teenage girl in a nightclub.

Again, I think people completely forget how good our defence was under Pearson.

What has Mills done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Hobbs was under Pearson?
What has Bamba done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Brown was under Pearson?
What has Beckford done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Nugent done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Fryatt or Waghorn were under Pearson?
What has Konchesky done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Berner was under Pearson?
What has Peltier done in his career or with us to suggest he's better than Morrison was under Pearson?

1/He plays next to a black man
2/He is a black man
3/He's a black man
4/He sometimes plays next to a black man, when playing next to a white man.....nothing
5/He has played under Roy Hodgson, in the premiership, that league has a lot of black men
6/He's a black man

2/He is a black man
3/He's a black man
4/He sometimes plays next to a black man, when playing next to a white man.....nothing
5/He has played under Roy Hodgson, in the premiership, that league has a lot of black men
6/He's a black man
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Absolute ****ing quality.

2/He is a black man
3/He's a black man
6/He's a black man
Good ****ing job I didn't send my vote for Post of the Year before I saw this!

2/He is a black man
3/He's a black man
6/He's a black man

What the thrusting abominable **** is going on here? Is there a joke I'm missing?

2/He is a black man
3/He's a black man
6/He's a black man

Well played

I really hope that you are both correct. If everything is Sven's fault, then a couple of transfer windows will rectify the situation: always assuming that the owners are willing to be so patient.

I have to say that I am still sceptical, but bow to greater wisdom.

I'm not sure about greater wisdom at all! Neither am I saying that it was all Sven's fault. Unfortunately the owners have previously gone down the track of thinking that there is a route one to success in appointing 'name' managers - that covers Sousa and Sven and wanting to sign 'name' players - but they weren't willing to join a mid table championship club. I'm afraid they have learned the hard way by wasting loads of money that there is no quick fix. Unfortunately along the way over hype has led to unrealistic assessments of the strength of the squad and our short term prospects and the Mockery and silly people like Stringer have played a part in this. Now Pearson's job is a bit like confiscating the toys on Boxing Day. I think that the best way to start would be for him to make clear that the January transfer window does not offer a new quick fix solution. The solution is through hard work and organisation and moving on the players that don't want to sign up for the long haul.

I'm not sure about greater wisdom at all! Neither am I saying that it was all Sven's fault. Unfortunately the owners have previously gone down the track of thinking that there is a route one to success in appointing 'name' managers - that covers Sousa and Sven and wanting to sign 'name' players - but they weren't willing to join a mid table championship club. I'm afraid they have learned the hard way by wasting loads of money that there is no quick fix. Unfortunately along the way over hype has led to unrealistic assessments of the strength of the squad and our short term prospects and the Mockery and silly people like Stringer have played a part in this. Now Pearson's job is a bit like confiscating the toys on Boxing Day. I think that the best way to start would be for him to make clear that the January transfer window does not offer a new quick fix solution. The solution is through hard work and organisation and moving on the players that don't want to sign up for the long haul.

I am afraid that Pearson is part of the game. He came back because the money was so much better than Hull. The reason it is, is because he must get promotion. I expect a large outlay in January.

I expect to see a lot of frustration and vented anger here due to an inability to land quality signings at sensible prices.

Followed by streams of vitriol aimed at supposed 'quality' signings with disproportionate prices paid (unfairly) for them.

I could not agree more. I expect to see money flowing out of the club, I did not say that I thought this was the correct decision.

I just get a bit frustrated with this belief that NP has come back because he loves the club. He came back for a big pay cheque and I am sure that he had to promise promotion this season (and probably the Premier League title next) to get it.

Anyone with more than one braincell wouldn't believe that. However, they must have been some 'like' of his time here because regardless of pay cheque, it's a move which will damage Pearson severly should he fail.

Will it? I suspect that a lot of people in football recognise this as mission impossible. I wouldn't think that if/when he departs, he will take too long to find new employment.

I have to be honest and say I can't really be arsed with Leicester City at the moment - they tend to do nothing other than ruin my weekends. We have never been richer as a club but in some respects we have never been more disappointing. I no doubt will re-kindle my love for them in the new year but Iim thinking we need a break from each other for a few weeks. I'm only doing this because I love you LCFC.

I expect to see a lot of frustration and vented anger here due to an inability to land quality signings at sensible prices.

I agree that this is one of the main problems.

Sven seemed to believe that he could land these quality players - but they didn't materialise instead other clubs ripped us off for lesser goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669