Doncaster **MATCH POSTPONED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thread title is a bit misleading drummindefender!

THankfully the coach hadn't arrived to pick us up when we found out.

It's a pisstake that a new gorund cannot cope with a bt of frost, when a poxy old ground a few miles up the road can.

TINPOT!

Blackpool's game is off but a non-league ground 5 mile or so away is fine....my train tickets are still valid until 27th of January, seriously doubt it'll be rescheduled for then

Now on the train heading back to London. Bailed out of the northbound service at Peterborough and managed to persuade East Coast to pass my ticket for an earlier service back.

Eight hours in Cardiff with nothing to do is one thing - seven similar hours in ****ing Doncaster is more than I could stand!

Blackpool's game is off but a non-league ground 5 mile or so away is fine....my train tickets are still valid until 27th of January, seriously doubt it'll be rescheduled for then

Your return half might be valid until the 27th of Jan - the outbound is only valid on the day it was issued for.

Your return half might be valid until the 27th of Jan - the outbound is only valid on the day it was issued for.

I'm aware of that chief, just leaves a small chance of a saving if I only need to buy a single ticket for the rescheduled fixture.....which wont happen, it'll be at least April before its warm enough for Donny to play again

Gutted for those of you who already travelled up there!

But hopefully it will be good for us considering the injuries, and we had a tough game against Sheff Utd that will probably have taken a lot out of the players.

Just hope having 2 postponed games (and maybe more still to come!) doesn't give us a fixture pileup later in the season. We've only got 1 midweek game in Jan at the moment, so I imagine one of the games will be squeezed in there somewhere?

To reschedule a game to a Tuesday night in January would be madness IMHO. It is just asking for it to be called off again. One January midweek is reserved for a possible 3rd round replay in any case.

I'm aware of that chief, just leaves a small chance of a saving if I only need to buy a single ticket for the rescheduled fixture.....which wont happen, it'll be at least April before its warm enough for Donny to play again

OK - I just wasn't sure that you knew about the change in validity on some tickets. There used to be some that were valid for a month both outwards and return - they stopped them a couple of years ago.

During the 70's & 80's when Filbert St had that heated tent over the pitch, how many home games were postponed due to cold conditions?

I remember times when virtually every other game was off but a Leicester home game would be on. It no doubt cost quite a bit in maintenance but it worked - if I remember correctly.

City always felt that the cost of the tent was covered by being able to get the match on. And of course there may be extra TV fees when games are moved at short notice when other clubs can't get their games on.

on the bright side, we have a much bigger sqaud than doncaster, and roation could play a key part in the reverse fixture, so in a way its a not so bad

I'm sitting in bright sunshine outside the ground. I thought it would be a good idea to get here early.

There was also bright sunshine in Cardiff last Saturday. Apparently bright sunshine does not melt ice in underprivileged areas.

on the bright side, we have a much bigger sqaud than doncaster, and roation could play a key part in the reverse fixture, so in a way its a not so bad

In what way would that be any greater advantage than it would have been today?

There is no bright side to burning ten pound notes!

Last edited:
In what way would that be any greater advantage than it would have been today?

There is no bright side to burning ten pound notes!

none at all, just saying its no so bad havin a fixture pile up for our club, itll be worse for doncaster with a smaller squad. Wish we were playing today, but pitch is unplayable, so it could of been worse, its not so bad.

Re: Doncaster

And I've just left London on the train.

****ing amateurs!

If you had planned to travel with the London branch you would not be on the train now. I informed them of the game being off before their train departed.

Not sure if PT was on his train from Alfreton to Sheffield as can't remember what time he said his train was at but think he was due in Donny @ 12:30.

Last edited:
****ing shambles. Just arrived back home, luckily didn't get all the way there. 35 quid or so down the drain, 40 for Cardiff as well :098:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670