Dons Ticket Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was late to a City game away at Watford a while back (we won 3-0 I believe, Bobby Davison scored the moment I got in... blimey, it was quite a while ago!) and whilst running alongside the main stand, a suit popped out of a door and said "do you boys need tickets?". We said yes as we were buying on the gate, and lo and behold he gave us all free tickets.

We were in the main stand and there was a small cluster of City fans who had also been given random freebies. I was sat in the next seat to where the Watford fans started, and there was not one hint of trouble. In fact, loads of their fans congratulated us at the end and said how well we'd played.

Top notch, really.

:icon_lol: about 15 years ago then

I am outside of the post code area per the MK Dons site.

I ordered them and put in some address in MK that I got off Yell and arranged to pick the tickets up on the day.

They didn't cross reference the address on the card to the address entered on ordering.

No problem!

I am outside of the post code area per the MK Dons site.

I ordered them and put in some address in MK that I got off Yell and arranged to pick the tickets up on the day.

They didn't cross reference the address on the card to the address entered on ordering.

No problem!

That is until the day when they want proof of address :icon_lol:

From the MKDons website:

Supporters NOT currently registered with the MK Dons Box Office Database must register in advance of the game.

New registrants MUST provide TWO forms of identification which MUST include proof of home address. These should be produced at the time of purchase if buying from the Box Office, or time of collection for online and telephone orders.

Last edited:
From the MK Dons website

New registrants MUST provide TWO forms of identification which MUST include proof of home address. These should be produced at the time of purchase if buying from the Box Office, or time of collection for online and telephone orders.

NEW registrants to purchase tickets will only be accepted for this fixture if they have an MK, LU, SG, OX or HP postcode.

That is until the day when they want proof of address :icon_lol:

I have my e-mail confirmation that the tickets have been purchased. It states that on the day of the game I should obtiain the tickets from the automated ticket distribution machine which will scan the card used to purchase the tickets and print them.

No registration needed and no proof of address needed.

I have my e-mail confirmation that the tickets have been purchased. It states that on the day of the game I should obtiain the tickets from the automated ticket distribution machine which will scan the card used to purchase the tickets and print them.

No registration needed and no proof of address needed.

extract from MK Dons mail.

All Home tickets purchased on line specified for collection will be from our SELF SERVICE TICKET COLLECTION KIOSK located within the Box Office

You just need to insert the card that was used to pay for the order into the machine and your tickets will be instantly printed

extract from MK Dons mail.

All Home tickets purchased on line specified for collection will be from our SELF SERVICE TICKET COLLECTION KIOSK located within the Box Office

You just need to insert the card that was used to pay for the order into the machine and your tickets will be instantly printed

What happens if that facility is withdrawn on the date of the game?

I was only joking about the proof of address, didnt realise it might actually be a problem

Then I guess he's fcuked

If they haven't specifically told him that he needs to take along ID/address verification, I can't see how they can insist on it on the day. According to Northants he has been told only that he will require the credit card which he used to book the tickets.

The ticket office is very sparsely staffed at MKD, particularly compared with our own; I believe that they have just four members of staff. I can't see that they will have the capability of checking loads of ID etc on Saturday.

Let's face it. We know there will be a lot of City in the home end; MKD know there be a lot of City in the home end; the police and everybody else know there be a lot of City in the home end. I think they're just trying to get people to jump though a few hoops so as to make them think about what they are doing in the hope that they will behave themselves while they are in the home end.

If they haven't specifically told him that he needs to take along ID/address verification, I can't see how they can insist on it on the day. According to Northants he has been told only that he will require the credit card which he used to book the tickets.

The ticket office is very sparsely staffed at MKD, particularly compared with our own; I believe that they have just four members of staff. I can't see that they will have the capability of checking loads of ID etc on Saturday.

Let's face it. We know there will be a lot of City in the home end; MKD know there be a lot of City in the home end; the police and everybody else know there be a lot of City in the home end. I think they're just trying to get people to jump though a few hoops so as to make them think about what they are doing in the hope that they will behave themselves while they are in the home end.

And I will have a very grumpy 8 year old with me if they suggest I cannot have the tickets!!

The e-mail said credit card only to confirm identity. If they send a subsequent mail advising that is not the case then that will be a problem!

Just joined the forum / site. I live down the road from the dons ground and could only manage to get tickets to sit in thier end! CRAP!!, but I reckon its worth it to see the game. got a couple of questions for you regulars!

- do people thing there will be loads of leicester in their end?

- also if anyone knows whats pubs us leicester lot be heading to before the game? fenny stratford is close to ground and has half decent boozers. MK has nowt but the town center ( too far)!!

i doubt it'll be withdrawn cause they'll be loads of dons fans getting their tickets from the machines too. I would be a logistic nightmare to vet everyone. I think it'll be fine!! fingers crossed

I'm really surprised the transaction went through. But nice one!

Usually there would be some kind of verfication process whereby the postcode of the billing address is checked, especially as it was bought online where the majority of card fraud is carried out.

My advice would be to take one of the many empy seats around you just incase you get a tap on the shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00