Double Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did. left on the well-worn path to Wolves, I believe.

He was good, but I recall he used to suffer from migraine or something & would occasionally go missing.

OldGit said:

He was good, but I recall he used to suffer from migraine or something & would occasionally go missing.

hangovers maybe.

Boy Genius said:
No I think John Farrington came from them as well I think,and that was after Frank Large.

Now that is really odd. Just after I asked the question, I thought to myself "What a fool - there was John Farrington as well!" - but looking it up, I am reminded that we got Farrington from Wolves and that he never played for Northampton.

Boy Genius said:
Farrington was one hell of a winger as well.....

I think the word to describe him would be 'direct'!

J... J... J... J...
J... J... J... J...
J... J... J... J... John Farrington
Full of health
Full of life
Full of vigour
J... J... J... J... John Farrington

OldGit said:

That's three of us with false-memory syndrome then!

As above, he came from Wolves but left on the less well-worn path to Cardiff.

bocadillo said:

I was certain he came from Northampton, I must check this one....:icon_conf

bocadillo said:

The same path that also brought Josh Low to us from Cardiff via Oldham and Northampton...

A Cardiff-supporting mate's opinion of Low was that he was pretty good, couldn't remember much about him except that he could get past defenders but wasn't particularly fast.

Boy Genius said:

So was I, though it could have been the other way round - maybe from Wolves & then went to cardiff via Northampton? I'm certain there was a Northampton connection somewhere. :icon_conf

Probably a load of old cobblers,:icon_bigg as usual

OldGit said:
So was I, though it could have been the other way round - maybe from Wolves & then went to cardiff via Northampton? I'm certain there was a Northampton connection somewhere. :icon_conf

No he went to Cardiff from us, for about £45,000 if I recall. It was aropund the time we signed Steve Earle from Fulham, late 1974 I think.

I will get to the bottom of this as its beginning to annoy me

Boy Genius said:

I already did!
:icon_wink

OldGit said:

Got the tome in front of me. He went from us to Cardiff and then to Northampton. So I was wrong to say that he had never played for Northampton but tight to say that he hadn't come to us from Northampton - he actually played 232 games for the Cobblers.

Boy Genius said:
No he went to Cardiff from us, for about £45,000 if I recall. It was aropund the time we signed Steve Earle from Fulham, late 1974 I think.

I will get to the bottom of this as its beginning to annoy me

You're exactly right about Earle arriving at the same time as Farrington left - but one year out. It happened in November 1973.

Right then, should we have this one moved to the Alzheimer's forum?

See you there

i think johnsons a great signing, think he'll fit very much into the billy mckinlay mould - experienced pro who will quite simply run around the midfield winning the ball and giving simple passes - and i though mckinlay was a huge success for us in this division. also having a player like johnson might well help hughes and williams who suffered a little bit i think last season from not having an out and out defensive midfielder playing alongside them

Country Fox said:
i think johnsons a great signing, think he'll fit very much into the billy mckinlay mould - experienced pro who will quite simply run around the midfield winning the ball and giving simple passes - and i though mckinlay was a huge success for us in this division. also having a player like johnson might well help hughes and williams who suffered a little bit i think last season from not having an out and out defensive midfielder playing alongside them

Even with Johnson I don't think we can play Huges and Williams together.

Just been speaking to someone who knows an ex mrs of Mr Johnson and apparatnly he is well known for his partying and likes the odd pop or two. Expect him to miss loads of matches through unexplained injuries next season then....

fcukcov said:
Just been speaking to someone who knows an ex mrs of Mr Johnson and apparatnly he is well known for his partying and likes the odd pop or two. Expect him to miss loads of matches through unexplained injuries next season then....

Just like a Mr Lennon then :icon_lol:

Willlow said:
Just like a Mr Lennon then :icon_lol:
yep prob be out terrorising sorry i mean romancing the girls of hinckley ala lennon as well.

fcukcov said:

Bound to give him a glowing report:icon_roll :icon_bigg

Durham Fox said:
Bound to give him a glowing report:icon_roll :icon_bigg
true true.

You sound like you have been through some really bitter break ups, bet your dreading the one with will...

Last edited:
fcukcov said:

Did any hear the story about Malouida of France on the telly yesterday?!?

Unexplained injury for first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570