Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feckin brilliant, I nearly got hounded off the board for similar comments in my early days around here.

Are you moaning because of the homophobic content or because they appear to have got away with it? :102::102::102:;)

I rate him, he's better than the shit we've got in goal at the minute.

The problem our club has had over the past 3 or 4 years is that we destroy players, and Rab Douglas is just one of a handful of players that the management team has ruined. Some blinkered fans can't see this and they'd rather just blame the players than accept that their beloved club was rotten from the core.

However, that's now changed and I believe Rab could be good for this club, but I think he's gone beyond the point of no return with some of our mindless fans.

I wish him all the best.

That's bollox Melton, he was shit when he came here will never be anything more than shit. Get rid ASAP.

Has big Rab fcuked off yet.... I see that Dundee are looking to bring in 6 summer signings... Please make this useless fcuker one of them.

Last edited:
That's bollox Melton, he was shit when he came here will never be anything more than shit. Get rid ASAP.

Agreed. Rab has always been rubbish, and always will be. Clearly dome people don't recall his first game for us (Sheff U if I recall) He should have or did give away a pen within 90 mins of his career using his now infamous 'diving to get the ball, missing and chopping the player instead'.

i think douglas was crap so i rekon he will be goin to a scottish kinda team that are shit and lower himself down in the years and suffer!

Douglas is a load of C.R.A.P.
We should get rid of him as he is a waste of time & money
GET RID OF HIM

Douglas is a load of C.R.A.P.
We should get rid of him as he is a waste of time & money
GET RID OF HIM
But the problem is... how? We can pay him off but that would be a waste of money, right? All we can do is hope someone comes in for him, and even then we will almost certainly end up paying most of his wages just to get him off the books. That's going to be the only way.

But the problem is... how? We can pay him off but that would be a waste of money, right? All we can do is hope someone comes in for him, and even then we will almost certainly end up paying most of his wages just to get him off the books. That's going to be the only way.

I think this is a classic case that demonstrates how careful we need to be in giving long term (three years I guess in his case) contracts to older players.

Douglas didn't seem to be a bad signing at the time - good a keeper as we could get? However,the chances were always that he would become a financial liability.

Let's hope he can find a player-coach job somewhere.....otherwise it's another years paid leave.

I think this is a classic case that demonstrates how careful we need to be in giving long term (three years I guess in his case) contracts to older players.

Douglas didn't seem to be a bad signing at the time - good a keeper as we could get? However,the chances were always that he would become a financial liability.

Let's hope he can find a player-coach job somewhere.....otherwise it's another years paid leave.

I actually have to disagree with you here redditch. At the time I think most people knew this was a poor signing and I for one recall being worried about it for some time before he came here.

His gaff's were the legendary up north, and everyone knew it.

I actually have to disagree with you here redditch. At the time I think most people knew this was a poor signing and I for one recall being worried about it for some time before he came here.

His gaff's were the legendary up north, and everyone knew it.

Point taken. I seem to remember that opinions were mixed. He was the No 2 Scotland keeper at the time - not that that was a great credential.

Anyway, he turned out to be unreliable even before he managed to injure himself for most of the season by lifting a spoon or something.

Point taken. I seem to remember that opinions were mixed. He was the No 2 Scotland keeper at the time - not that that was a great credential.

Anyway, he turned out to be unreliable even before he managed to injure himself for most of the season by lifting a spoon or something.

I was really concerned about his signing, having seen him up here quite a bit. He is a good shot stopper, but poor in almost all other areas.

He was a dodgy buy in the first place. At his age he should never have been given a contract of that length. Will be hard to shift because of his wages. What worries me is that it appears that we are looking (according to paper talk) to sign players of the same ilk. Kish is 32, N'Gotty is 36 this week and De Zeeuw is 37. 2 have been released and he other has refuse a one year extension to his contract. So are we liable to have these players here for the next 3 years. They are not going to drop down for nothing. Potentially good short term signings but each has the potential to become another Andy Johnson looking for another decent pay day whether they play or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669